Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > pedlars

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : pedlars

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2014 : 16:17:16      reply with quote

did anyone get a knock on the door on Wednesday from a young man claiming to be on a government scheme after being released from prison, his story was that if he met his target, he could get a place as an apprentice at a motor dealers.I explained politely that we do not buy from anyone on the doorstep and he was rather rude.I had a look on the internet and it would seem there is no such scheme, its a con.He was not from round here he had a north eastern accent.Just be aware.
click for more information

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2014 : 16:59:35      reply with quote

Wasn't wearing a blue down type jacket? Suspicious laminated ID card? Was round 2 weeks ago claiming to be about to join the army but needed support first, I tuned out and said no. Not a pleasant lad after I said no, left the gate open when he left too!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2014 : 17:33:36      reply with quote

he did have a light blue jacket on, not sure what you mean by a down jacket.when he realised I wasn't interested he muttered something about me being horrible

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

07/11/2014 : 17:46:51      reply with quote

Hey ginjo i used to mutter such words down at the old hgv testing station in Steeton when one of my wagons failed it's testlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > pedlars