Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden Town Forum - Wednesday 26th November 2014 at 7.00pm

Replies in this thread : 17

Author

Topic : Silsden Town Forum - Wednesday 26th November 2014 at 7.00pm

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/11/2014 : 09:33:17      reply with quote

The next Silsden Town Forum will be held on Wednesday 26th November 2014, at 7pm, at Aire View Infant School, Silsden.

The agenda is as follows:

1. Welcome and Introductions
2. Crime and Community Safety update
3. Environmental Issues in Silsden
4. Village News
5. Open Forum

Regards

Keighley Area Co-ordinator's Office

Tel: 01535 618008 Āú Fax 01535 618013
c/o Town Hall, Bow Street, Keighley, BD21 3PA

City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council

Department of Human Resources

click for more information

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 18:19:44      reply with quote

I wonder why this is held at school ? surely as bfd own the town hall it should hold its meetings there as to save money(not best value for the ratepayer is this) answers please.

blob
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 18:27:31      reply with quote

Wild stab in the dark but maybe they don't want to pay for a caretaker?

Rosy Lea
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 19:47:21      reply with quote

posted by skippy
I wonder why this is held at school ? surely as bfd own the town hall it should hold its meetings there as to save money(not best value for the ratepayer is this) answers please.
Hmmm..thatís the pot calling the Kettle black!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 20:30:26      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Rosy Lea
posted by skippy
Blimey I thought sometimes you have been sarcastic but you failed to spot that in this case so I guess not

Fred
Website Member

Website Member

12/11/2014 : 23:15:49      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Rosy Lea
posted by skippy
Rosy Lea, your posting is an attack on Skippy and doesn't address the perfectly good question asked.

Why are Bradford paying out money to hire Aireview rather than use the Town Hall?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 09:40:12      reply with quote

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION AREA, Any comments posted after event information may be deleted.
HOWEVER, additional information will be permitted (eg information updates, thanks, results etc.).

PLEASE READ

There may be very good reasons the Town Hall cannot be used (it may be in use already). There may be a need for more social accommodation but this should be started as a new topic.

I have noticed lately there has been a certain amount of antagonism between members of this forum (baiting, bullying, and general nasty comments posted) - THIS MUST STOP. If you would not say something to their face DO NOT POST IT HERE.

Be nice to each other YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Peter (administrator)

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 09:43:29      reply with quote

Good question Skippy.
I see in the Keighley News Mallinson is spending (wasting) £400 of tax payers money trying to sure up the use of the Town Hall, a bit of a waste when even Bradford Council won't use it?

Rosy Lea
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 10:25:19      reply with quote

Sorry Peter

Temptation got the better!!

Lena
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 23:10:16      reply with quote

The Town Hall was the first port of call as council policy is to use council owned buildings whenever possible. On this occasion we were informed that the Town Hall was very popular and not available on any of our chosen dates and so another venue was found.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 23:24:32      reply with quote

posted by Lena
The Town Hall was the first port of call as council policy is to use council owned buildings whenever possible. On this occasion we were informed that the Town Hall was very popular and not available on any of our chosen dates and so another venue was found.
Who are "we"?

Lena
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2014 : 23:33:29      reply with quote

Keighley Area Co-ordinator's Office.

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 17:57:51      reply with quote

lena what about the last 3 meetings the ward councillors have had regarding the schooling in silsden being held at kly leisure centre, nobody using the town hall them times and I will be checking to see that it is fully booked on the night of the forum, heads may have to roll shortly.

Lena
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 20:57:06      reply with quote

Skippy I can only comment about this meeting because I booked it I have not been involved in the booking of other meetings u mention. I still have the emails I sent regarding the booking of the town hall so feel free to pop in the office to see for yourself. I booked it back in June. I hope your message isnt suggesting that I am lying or a personal threat. Regards Lena.

Rosy Lea
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2014 : 23:37:27      reply with quote

posted by skippy
lena what about the last 3 meetings the ward councillors have had regarding the schooling in silsden being held at kly leisure centre, nobody using the town hall them times and I will be checking to see that it is fully booked on the night of the forum, heads may have to roll shortly.
Skippy it is not a good idea to post threats...You are supposed to be in a responsible position!

Chill out and have a cuppa.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2014 : 17:33:45      reply with quote

TONIGHT

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/11/2014 : 09:58:10      reply with quote

For those of us that couldn't make the meeting - what happened?

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

27/11/2014 : 13:39:44      reply with quote

approx. 17 members of public in attendance,the police gave an update on the crimes in silsden . questions raised about the silvermantle application(Tesco) question about further housing behing kly road,when the town council get the silvermantle application we will let people know so they can attend the meeting. lena I was not referring to any individual when I said heads should role but I stand by my comment.the meeting could have been in the back room at the town hall so therefore another waste of ratepayers money.

Replies in this thread : 17

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden Town Forum - Wednesday 26th November 2014 at 7.00pm  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to