Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > The Listening Town Council !!!

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : The Listening Town Council !!!

Rosy Lea
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 09:38:42      reply with quote

Now we have caught your attention!!

We have just been reading on various topics on this forum on how dissatisfied folk are with the TC not answering our concerns appropriately, creating crazy schemes without proper consultation and not utilizing our Great Town Hall. And what about our TC wanting to pass on responsibility for the development of our Town to Steeton & Eastburn!

WHAT SHALL WE DO ABOUT IT?

Now theres something to think about with a good cup of char in hand!!
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 10:27:38      reply with quote

Are you just trying to stir up trouble for Silsden Councillors who work for the good of the community FOR NOTHING.

If you are going to make such accusations I think you should put a few references to back your claims up.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 13:33:39      reply with quote

posted by Rosy Lea
Now we have caught your attention!!

We have just been reading on various topics on this forum on how dissatisfied folk are with the TC not answering our concerns appropriately, creating crazy schemes without proper consultation and not utilizing our Great Town Hall. And what about our TC wanting to pass on responsibility for the development of our Town to Steeton & Eastburn!

WHAT SHALL WE DO ABOUT IT?

Now theres something to think about with a good cup of char in hand!!
WUM

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 14:04:58      reply with quote

Empty tin cans make the most noise!

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 16:08:09      reply with quote

Rosy Lea said
We have just been reading on various topics on this forum on how dissatisfied folk are with the TC not .... utilizing our Great Town Hall.
and a lot of other waffle besides.

My recollection is better than yours Rosy Lea as I also recall all the people who put forward very sensible, cogent reasons why the TC don't use the Town Hall, and I recall how you chose to ignore them. In much the same way I'm now going to choose to ignore your posts in future and encourage others to do the same. (also known as 'Not Feeding the Trolls')

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 16:59:13      reply with quote

here here

Rosy Lea
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 22:47:18      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Are you just trying to stir up trouble for Silsden Councillors who work for the good of the community FOR NOTHING.

If you are going to make such accusations I think you should put a few references to back your claims up.

Peter..There aren’t any accusations in our comments, just a surmise. These are from your own forum.
Maybe you should read your own forum to find out what folk are saying before having a go at us, and then you can give a more balanced viewpoint.

blob
Website Member

Website Member

14/11/2014 : 22:51:48      reply with quote

But Rosy it's just you with no constructive arguments. Give me some constructive arguments and I'll listen!

window
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 16:59:01      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

This is just a general comment and not an expression of support for any side.

In reply to this post :- (1)" Are you just trying to stir up trouble for Silsden Councillors who work for the good of the community FOR NOTHING.” ( Peter - 14/11/2014 : 10:27:38)

Think of the kind of country we would have, if the people questioning those who represent us were regarded as, “trying to stir up trouble.” Silsden councillors work hard for the community but they are not, and should not be immune from scrutiny and questioning from the electorate. That is democracy.

(2) “If you are going to make such accusations I think you should put a few references to back your claims up.” (Peter -14/11/2014 : 10:27:38)

There were no accusations in Rosy Lea’s post. The first sentence stated that people had expressed their dissatisfaction in posts upon this forum, “how dissatisfied folk are with the TC---“ and then Rosy Lea mentioned the posts’ comments.
The second sentence was drawing the reader’s attention to a subject in order to instigate a discussion.
As these two sentences contained neither an accusation nor a claim, no references were necessary.

In reply to this post:- “But Rosy it's just you with no constructive arguments. Give me some constructive arguments and I'll listen!” (Blob - 14/11/2014 : 22:51:48)

As you can see from my above reply to Peter’s post, Rosy Lea was expressing neither an argument nor an opinion but was suggesting a topic for discussion, which, if it were to commence would then require, “constructive arguments.”

In reply to post:- ( Jonno - 14/11/2014 : 16:08:09) You mentioned the town hall but not Rosy Lea’s second point. Rosy Lea’s comments do not meet the criteria for trolling.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 20:30:25      reply with quote

You have your opinion Window and I have mine and mine is right razz :p

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 21:29:04      reply with quote

posted by window

Rosy Lea was expressing neither an argument nor an opinion

So this comment

"TC not answering our concerns appropriately, creating crazy schemes without proper consultation"

is not expressing an opinion?.Its not fact so must be opinion.Glad thats cleared up then

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

23/11/2014 : 15:25:23      reply with quote

Me thinks window does protest too much.
Is it Rosey under a different name?

window
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2014 : 15:57:51      reply with quote

To jonno. Trolling is not what Rosy Lea is doing.
P.S. I do not know who Rosy Lea is.

To gazzer “ ‘TC not answering our concerns appropriately, creating crazy schemes without proper consultation’ is not expressing an opinion?.Its not fact so must be opinion. Glad that’s cleared up then “
According to the statement and only to the statement, it is not Rosy Lea’s opinion because the sentence is preceded by,” how dissatisfied folk are with --.” This is reporting what Rosy Lea read on the forum and as such is not Rosy Lea’s opinion but a reported one. Rosy Lea may have had this opinion in a meeting, but the post’s wording is expressing the opinion of the “ folk.”
To Hector, Yes you’re correct, I am just having a bit of fun being pedantic and pointing out the semantics in an argument and how important it is to extract the exact meaning of a statement rather than imposing another meaning based on external factors.
No and I have no idea who Rosy Lea is.

Peter (admin)
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2014 : 18:56:59      reply with quote

From Wikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

30/11/2014 : 21:39:46      reply with quote

So window is a troll then?

ec
Website Member

Website Member

01/12/2014 : 01:35:36      reply with quote

Sorry you left the meeting at the school [26th nov] before I got the chance to chat. Rosy lea,although you are more to be pitied than shamed at times,I would like to wish you every success with your group "friends of the Town Hall" and eagerly look forward to your groups agenda and promotions,we may look to enjoy in 2015 !! I also wish you Greetings of the Season,Peace and Harmony for the new year. xx

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > The Listening Town Council !!!  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to