Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > puffin croosing

Replies in this thread : 84
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : puffin croosing

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 08:54:53      reply with quote

I see from the Keighley news that work has started on the new crossing, will it be moving away from the junction or staying in the same spot?
click for more information

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 09:26:37      reply with quote

It is my understanding it will be moved further up Kirkgate somewhere opposite the bridal shop.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 09:30:49      reply with quote

You don't have to read the Keighley News you can see for yourself.

The pavement will be widened and the crossing will be moved towards Ava Rose.

There will be loops put into the road at the Elliot Street and Howden Road junctions which sense standing traffic at the junctions, which will turn the lights red and allow about 3 cars out.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 10:51:18      reply with quote

How on earth can Mallison say that it will increase danger!!!! There is no way that this will make it more dangerous - its just sour grapes since his scheme got turned down. This man shouldn't be in office....

UNCLE FESTER
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 12:48:08      reply with quote

If you put a monkey in a cage up for election someone would vote for itlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 12:49:09      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
How on earth can Mallison say that it will increase danger!!!! There is no way that this will make it more dangerous - its just sour grapes since his scheme got turned down. This man shouldn't be in office....
I totally agree with you, Motor Mouth Mallinson again, OR he is such a bad driver he hasn't thought that when coming into town over the bridge there are many potential dangers to be considered already.
1) there maybe something just over the crest out of sight.
2) vehicles waiting to turn first into Elliott ST then clog bridge.
3) then at present there is the zebra crossing people on it may not be clearly visible.

When the new Puffin is installed it will be further away from the bridge and it will be displaying lights, (Although there still may be somebody crossing at the wrong time), therefore safer!

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 13:11:34      reply with quote

uncle fester you have to put a tory badge on it first though,hahahah well done Adrian Naylor for getting the funding to pay for the crossing. Cllr mallinson is only against this because he did not think of it first.he was happy to waste ratepayers money on a hump though.

UNCLE FESTER
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 14:23:04      reply with quote

posted by skippy
uncle fester you have to put a tory badge on it first though,hahahah well done Adrian Naylor for getting the funding to pay for the crossing. Cllr mallinson is only against this because he did not think of it first.he was happy to waste ratepayers money on a hump though.
ok skippy i will meet you half way then a monkey wearing a BLUE RIBBON laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

21/11/2014 : 16:18:04      reply with quote

This new puffin crossing I hope it will come with a yellow box otherwise cars coming out of Elliott st will be blocked in by bad drivers who fail to observe what is going on when the lights go to red. We have it now when people cross at the zebra, cars can't access Elliott st from Clogg rd because of bad drivers..

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2014 : 14:01:10      reply with quote

Cars coming out of Elliott St blocked in again due to traffic lights for road works, so many bad drivers not able to see side roads..

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2014 : 16:49:41      reply with quote

Sadly to many drivers do not look further than the bonnet of their cars.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 14:26:17      reply with quote

Further to my last post, I was in the tailback by the bus stop near wesley place this morning and two large 7 1/2 ton van drivers blocked the road end into Wesley place, had somebody needed to turn in there and couldn't the whole road would have been blocked, and these are professional drivers?

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 17:49:37      reply with quote

I was held up twice in the road works yesterday which is fair enough,its gonna happen but both times I was then held up because I couldn't turn into Banklands because thoughtless drivers were across the junction and going no where!!

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2014 : 13:50:52      reply with quote

how is it that the lads doing the new crossing can do a cross road dig this morning with lollipops when Yorkshire water need traffic lights on the main st so they can dig on side st? complete madness or incompitance? keep up the good and efficient work on the crossing(j k feathers)

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2014 : 15:53:52      reply with quote

But did you notice that the guys with the lollipop sign were working in conjunction with the lights further up the road, These 2 men should be put in charge of all future road works as traffic flow managers..

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2014 : 17:07:21      reply with quote

Has anybody seen the men who dug up the side road actually working? It was like the
Mary Celeste when ever I have been past.

cars
Website Member

Website Member

26/11/2014 : 17:37:51      reply with quote

you sort 'em out granddad..... my hero

captainslogg
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2014 : 15:38:08      reply with quote

Seems strange that the road markings have been removed from the old crossing before the new puffin crossing has been finished.
What would happen if you were run over using the old crossing and wanted to put in a claim. Would you have a leg to stand on ??

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/12/2014 : 19:08:19      reply with quote

posted by captainslogg
. Would you have a leg to stand on ??

Depends how badly injured you were

blob
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 00:23:24      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It was a bit silly removing the paint on the zebra crossing before getting the puffin crossing completely ready. I drove over the bridge and stopped for a man waiting earlier. About 3 cars drove the other way before he could cross safely. It was dark but there is no excuse really when they have a better view of the crossing!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 10:17:10      reply with quote

we saw someone yesterday waiting to cross at the new crossing even though its not there yet and a car stopped to let them cross but cars are not stopping at the old one even though the beacons are still there.It is quite confusing an an accident waiting to happen.When is the new one due to be finished? has the preparation work for the traffic lights at bottom of howden road and Elliot street been done yet?
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 10:44:22      reply with quote

has the preparation work for the traffic lights at bottom of howden road and Elliot street been done yet?
Who said there would be traffic lights at the end of Howden Road and Elliot St?

There will be sensors buried at the end of these roads which will detect traffic waiting to get out of Elliot Street or Howden Road which will change the puffin crossing to red. The system will allow about 3 cars out at a time.

At the moment there isn't a crossing at at the bottom of Kirkgate. The zebra crossing markings have been removed along with the belisha beacons. The puffin crossing does not have and lights yet - so pedestrians do not have priority.

So be very careful crossing here until the puffin crossing is commissioned, CARS DO NOT HAVE TO STOP.

Remember Silsden is a short cut between the Aire Valley and the Wharfe Valley and not everyone is local and know there should be a crossing there. A little signage might have been helpful but would anyone see it or take any notice?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 10:59:57      reply with quote

the beacons were there yesterday afternoon when we passed I agree there should have been large road signs in place saying zebra not in use, drivers might not take any notice but surely pedestrians would

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 13:12:37      reply with quote

does anyone know whether the buses are still stopping in the same place or has the stop moved?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 15:20:43      reply with quote

Beacons are still there but not working.

Kathy
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 19:10:45      reply with quote

I do hope the footpath will be widened outside the Bridal shop, as a foot passenger I had to wait for 2 people to pass before I could continue on the footpath as the gap is so narrow.
If this crossing is being used by Mums with prams and taking children to school I don't know how they are going to squeeze around the posts. There is an existing lamppost but would this be removed to make the footpath wider?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/12/2014 : 19:54:24      reply with quote

posted by blob
I drove over the bridge and stopped for a man waiting earlier. About 3 cars drove the other way before he could cross safely. It was dark but there is no excuse really when they have a better view of the crossing!
Just like the last few years then!

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

15/12/2014 : 16:32:44      reply with quote

Well I see there is a yellow box at the end of Elliot street, not working cars parking in the box. May need a notice warning drivers not to park in the box.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

15/12/2014 : 16:44:20      reply with quote

maybe they don't know what a yellow box is judging by the state of some driving.Maybe a big keep clear sign needed.It was amusing waiting for the bus this morning watching people trying to decide where to cross the road, a woman with a pram used the old crossing and cars were coming! another 2 stood outside the bridal shop by the new traffic light posts, someone is going to get knocked down if they are not careful,When will the lights be switched on

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

15/12/2014 : 18:21:11      reply with quote

Should have left the zebra in till the new one is ready. would Bradford Met be to blame if a person is injured.

Jolly Bob
Website Member

Website Member

16/12/2014 : 08:33:56      reply with quote

When it comes to Bradford Met, brewery and organisation come to mind!! My wife says it must be a man behind it!!!

Grandparent
Website Member

Website Member

16/12/2014 : 11:44:57      reply with quote

posted by Jolly Bob
When it comes to Bradford Met, brewery and organisation come to mind!! My wife says it must be a man behind it!!!
No, I think your wife's wrong, I think the planner is a woman, living up lower park green, who having dropped off the next generation at school, needs to turn right from Elliot street. So far as I can see the only motorists to benefit are those. For anyone wanting to turn right from clogg bridge, the current situation may even get worse. Just my opinion like-wot-I'm-entitled-to.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

16/12/2014 : 13:41:54      reply with quote

Workmen are there doing something at the moment on the old crossing.. what will emerge? It's a very dangerous situation at the moment.. needs sorting.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

16/12/2014 : 15:02:38      reply with quote

shame on you grandparent for driving to school, what is wrong with kids walking to school? not a personal dig at you but everyone who drives their kids to school if they live in silsden

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

16/12/2014 : 15:15:05      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by ginjo
shame on you grandparent for driving to school, what is wrong with kids walking to school? not a personal dig at you but everyone who drives their kids to school if they live in silsden
I will second that! The gridlock, inconsiderate parking and disturbance caused by some of these people is really frustrating! And before anyone asks the question, yes I am a parent who has time constrictions and restraints.

Grandparent
Website Member

Website Member

16/12/2014 : 16:38:08      reply with quote

Who said I drive to school, my grandchildren don't go to school in Silsden.
My dig was at the inconsiderate drivers who believe they have the rite to turn right from Elliot street, despite on coming traffic, which has now received royal ascent by the positioning of the box.

Replies in this thread : 84
Page : 1 2 3
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > puffin croosing  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to