Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > More burglaries

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : More burglaries

Happysnapper
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 13:53:59      reply with quote

Guys, I have reason to believe they have been at it again in our area last night. Lock up the sheds, garages and windows and keep your eyes open.
Not connected at all, in any way..does anyone know where I can get hold of a large shotgun !!!
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 14:17:13      reply with quote

Please do not discuss firearms on this forum.

Thanks, Peter

Happysnapper
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 14:21:32      reply with quote

Sorry Peter. Poor humour

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 14:29:25      reply with quote

I saw a posting on facebook about break-ins this week, we seem to be getting more than our fair share, one of these was hainsworth road area, what area were the ones you mention? I am always wary when leaflet distributors have been in the area don't know if there is a connection or whether its just coincidence

Happysnapper
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 15:09:27      reply with quote

I had visitors to my shed last night in Waterside area. I also came across lots of empty jewellery boxes this morning in the Hainsworth road area. I reported it to the police earlier today and they were sending someone to take a look. If it may be connected to a breaking you are aware of I can supply the crime number.

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 16:39:07      reply with quote

dont you think break ins are always on the increase at this time of year but thats no excuse and i am keeping my doors and windows sheds etc locked up

tsmith1
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 21:23:06      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Please do not discuss firearms on this forum.

Thanks, Peter
Firearms are a legal item in the UK, providing you have a licence, and therefore there is no valid reason for not discussing firearms on this forum, other than your own dislike for them.

Bricol
Website Member

Website Member

22/11/2014 : 21:53:25      reply with quote

Other than it being his forum of course wink :)

His rules. Works for me.

Bri

Jaguarxjs22
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2014 : 22:05:09      reply with quote

Get a dog,we have two german shepherds,one sleeps by the door, one sleeps by the bedroom door,we sleep easy,

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 11:52:36      reply with quote

The Sports Club pitch side snack bar was turned over again last night.

Between 11.00pm and it being opened up this morning.

Same as last time food and drink taken + this time they broke a window to gain access.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 13:09:01      reply with quote

sounds like you really need to step up security at the football club!bars on the windows maybe?

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 14:18:39      reply with quote

I am sorry to see the number of house left in total darkness each night; when I take our dog for her walk, it is an open invitation to the criminals; saying that there is nobody at home, Time switches and low energy bulbs don't cost much and make it a lot more likely that they will try somewhere else.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 16:14:43      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
sounds like you really need to step up security at the football club!bars on the windows maybe?
Its a portacabin.Bars are fine on a stone building.Last time they removed the mesh screen and forced a window.I made sure they couldnt force the window so this time they smashed it.
They took pop(excluding Diet Coke again),chocolate bars,bacon,sausage and a green waste bin!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 16:53:28      reply with quote

maybe the solution then is not to leave anything in there at all and just move the stuff in on match days when its needed, frustrating I know but it will just keep happening otherwise, I bet its the same person/people everytime the toerags

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 18:20:14      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
maybe the solution then is not to leave anything in there at all and just move the stuff in on match days when its needed, frustrating I know but it will just keep happening otherwise, I bet its the same person/people everytime the toerags
The problem is ginjo, if we left nothing in the fridges an cupboards they would not know till they had broken in.

It may only be a few quid in the grand scheme of things but to a community self funding club like ourselves its all money to raise to replace and repair.

Really not sure how much more we can do to make it more secure with its out of town location.

blob
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2014 : 22:39:51      reply with quote

Sounds like it's the same people. Can't you get some CCTV to record the window that they're getting into? If you have internet down there you could even remotely check it.

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > More burglaries  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to