Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Is it cos i`m getting old??

Replies in this thread : 10

Author

Topic : Is it cos i`m getting old??

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

28/11/2014 : 17:23:37      reply with quote

A multi million pound Health Centre I can see from my lounge window.
Months of disruption but will be well worth it was the watch word.

Well, its here, every sort of injection for whichever trip you are planning.
Clinics for a wide variety of ailments, help or advice.

9 doctors, 4 nurses and a pharmacy on site.
Informative reception staff and waiting room comfy chairs, which change direction every now and again, today siting with your back to the chemist.

So why then would I post this question???

Anyone know the secret of getting an appointment when you are ill?

3 Weeks after I started being ill I got in today to see my doctor.
Whilst sat waiting 2 signs took my notice.

1t said due to the work load of the nurses no more blood tests will be taken from the surgery, fit or ill, and usually the later patients need to go to Airedale for their tests.

But all is not lost, a new innovation, take in a photo and proof who you are and you can book an appointment on line. After my appointment I asked the receptionist for an appointment for 2 weeks which she duly obliged, and could I register for on line bookings, a straight forward procedure you would think, wrong.
Did I have a photo id with me and something with my name and address on. Well I have just seen the doctor and you made me a new appointment and I got this prescription, but have you photo proof of who you are………………….

Who remembers moving seats in Dr. Browns waiting room at the end of Barratt Street when it was getting towards your turn?
Then a hole appeared in the wall and a lady made you an appointment, what an innovation…………but it will never take off.
click for more information

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

28/11/2014 : 17:48:38      reply with quote

No mate its just that it seems that we now exist for the admin's convenience. I've only been registered with them for 45 years but as you say I now find I have to prove who I am.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

28/11/2014 : 18:17:59      reply with quote

Just wait until the proposed new housing gets built.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

28/11/2014 : 19:00:48      reply with quote

We don't recognise this at all, we are both in our 70's, we enrolled for online services easily, we use the facility without problems. Progress happens....
We like the new health centre, no problems at all with appointments. So far so good..!

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

28/11/2014 : 22:33:59      reply with quote

Well you poor old things you should go to addingham a bit off a trail BUT ring in the morning see a doctor THE SAME DAY simples.
Just proves silsden is rubbish

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/11/2014 : 00:23:18      reply with quote

posted by greengrass
Well you poor old things you should go to addingham a bit off a trail BUT ring in the morning see a doctor THE SAME DAY simples.
Just proves silsden is rubbish
Dont tell people or they will all change to dingham then we will end up the same way

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

29/11/2014 : 10:00:12      reply with quote

what else do the nurses do apart from blood samples? I prefer to go to the hospital anyway as last time a nurse at the health centre did it they made a pigs ear of it.Has the health centre taken on a lot more patients since it reopened, that could be the only explanation for them not being able to cope.Maybe they should employ some more

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2014 : 14:18:31      reply with quote

tried to make an appointment today, none available for the next 4 weeks, cannot look beyond that as the system does not allow it.How is this progress? apparently the main reason there are no appointments is because of people booking them online for up to 4 weeks in advance, it is obviously causing problems.I only hope that everybody who does book online remembers to cancel if they cannot make it or no longer need it.It is a ridiculous situation when we get a state of the art health centre and the service is worse, what is going on?

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2014 : 16:51:00      reply with quote

That's why hospitals are full just go straight there simples

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2014 : 16:54:46      reply with quote

ginjo, when you say you can't see a doctor for 4 weeks is this because you want to see a particular dr, I find if I ring up in the morning 8am- 8-30am I can usually get to see a doctor that day, but it will be any doctor that is available.

Jaguarxjs22
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2014 : 18:30:39      reply with quote

I got so fed up with the health centre,wanted ventolin for asthma but could not get it,they are not user friendly so gave up and just buy it online now....

Replies in this thread : 10

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Is it cos i`m getting old??  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to