Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to For Sale / Wanted | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > The Story of Rugby League in Silsden.

Replies in this thread : 22

Author

Topic : The Story of Rugby League in Silsden.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

02/01/2015 : 18:35:40      reply with quote

click for more information

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

02/01/2015 : 19:05:51      reply with quote

Very interested. My wife's Grandfather Johnny Meegan, her father Tommy Meegan, & her uncles Jack & Joe Meegan, all played rugby league in Silsden. I think 10 to the YAA would be appropriate. We live at 17 St.Johns Street.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

02/01/2015 : 19:34:11      reply with quote

Mickyfinn-------I will drop you a copy off in the morning ( Thank you ) midway.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/01/2015 : 19:59:23      reply with quote

For a potted history see here
www.silsden.net/useful/rugby_in_silsden.htm

midway
Website Member

Website Member

02/01/2015 : 20:31:43      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Can you spot Tommy Meegan, & uncles Jack & Joe Meegan

midway
Website Member

Website Member

02/01/2015 : 21:39:55      reply with quote

Could that be Johnny Meegan on the front row.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

03/01/2015 : 12:51:28      reply with quote

Many thanks 'midway' for the book. Will send off my donation to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance as promised. That is Johnny Meegan in the 1921 photo. He & his family lived in St.Johns Street in an old cottage that was eventually demolished, along with others, when New Close Avenue was built. My wife seems to recall that her late brother Patrick Meegan also played Rugby League in Silsden around about 1980.

lenny
Website Member

Website Member

04/01/2015 : 08:35:58      reply with quote

Hi Midway.
I would love a copy of Rugby League in Silsden.I am an old Silsdeners exiled in the Midlands.i recognise many of the players on the photos. Especially Frank Hanson (a family friend)and the Meegan and Bancroft brothers.Coulld you please mail me a copy and I will make a donation to the YAA.
Leonard Green
59 Purcell Ave.
Nuneaton.
CV114SN

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/01/2015 : 13:29:22      reply with quote

lenny----i,ll send you a copy,plenty more pictures in the book,hope you enjoy it. ps hope thats Nuneaton Warickshire,because that,s where i,ve sent it.could you please include the cost of postage in your donation, Thanks midway.

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

04/01/2015 : 15:37:07      reply with quote

posted by midway
lenny----i,ll send you a copy,plenty more pictures in the book,
Midway, if you need any copies doing i can do A4 on a really good printer if it would help.

lenny
Website Member

Website Member

04/01/2015 : 16:36:36      reply with quote

Hi Midway. Yes it is Nuneaton,Warwickshire,Thanks very much for posting it on to me I look forward to reading it. Thanks once again. Len Green.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/01/2015 : 16:37:24      reply with quote

Thanks Listener for the offer, i,ve about 25 books left a the moment, so let,s see how it goes. Thanks again.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/01/2015 : 18:47:38      reply with quote

To contribute to Yorkshire Air Ambulance

Click here:
www.justgiving.com/silsden

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

05/01/2015 : 11:26:18      reply with quote

posted by Peter
To contribute to Yorkshire Air Ambulance

Click here:
www.justgiving.com/silsden

MickyFinn - thank you for your donation to YAA

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2015 : 17:17:32      reply with quote

posted by Mickyfinn
Many thanks 'midway' for the book. Will send off my donation to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance as promised. That is Johnny Meegan in the 1921 photo. He & his family lived in St.Johns Street in an old cottage that was eventually demolished, along with others, when New Close Avenue was built. My wife seems to recall that her late brother Patrick Meegan also played Rugby League in Silsden around about 1980.
I went to school with Patrick he was an outstanding rugby player and a fantastic person sadley missed and always remembered

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2015 : 16:46:38      reply with quote

posted by lenny
Hi Midway. Yes it is Nuneaton,Warwickshire,Thanks very much for posting it on to me I look forward to reading it. Thanks once again. Len Green.

Now then Mr Len Green kiss my aaaarrrss nor thank you and not even a penny donation made for the yorkshire air ambulance when midway even paid for the postage, what a cheeky sweep well enjoy the book all the samesad :(sad :(sad :(

midway
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2015 : 18:47:07      reply with quote

Oy hang on hillbilly, this book is free to anybody that wants one, Please DO NOT demand a donation, there could be numerous reasons why lenny hasn't donated yet.

NUTTY WALTER
Website Member

Website Member

13/01/2015 : 19:58:25      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Lovely Jubbly reet do FREE i will have em all then midway just post em to me seeing you do free postage too save me trailing round for them shocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Olaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

lenny
Website Member

Website Member

14/01/2015 : 05:32:56      reply with quote

Midway. My donation will be sent today,I only returned from holiday late last evening.the book was in my post.when I returned,A quick flick through it tells me I will enjoy reading it.Thanks for posting it on to me .much appreciated..Len.

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

17/01/2015 : 18:42:44      reply with quote

posted by midway
Oy hang on hillbilly, this book is free to anybody that wants one, Please DO NOT demand a donation, there could be numerous reasons why lenny hasn't donated yet.
?????????laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2015 : 11:23:34      reply with quote

Well you suckered me there lenny, i have now come to the conclusion you never intended to make a donation, am i surprised, yes.
solid wood flooring

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2015 : 14:20:18      reply with quote

posted by midway
Hey middy you have changed your tune, Good luck with that thenlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

lenny
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2015 : 16:54:38      reply with quote

Midway.Before you slander my name anymore get your facts right.I said on this site on the 14/1/15 I would be sending a donation and explained the reason why one had'nt been sent earlier.I duly posted a donation of 12 to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance on that date.i have Recieved a letter from Tracey Bull,Administrator,YAA. Dated 15/1/15 thanking me for my donation. No apologies needed Midway just send a donation to YAA. Len.

Replies in this thread : 22

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > For Sale / Wanted > The Story of Rugby League in Silsden.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to