Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to LOCAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > LOCAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES > England's first coast-to-coast route for canoes - JOB OPPORTUNITY

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : England's first coast-to-coast route for canoes - JOB OPPORTUNITY

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/02/2015 : 09:17:25      reply with quote

A CRT spokesman said the scheme aimed to get "youngsters active and provide them with new life skills" in areas with relatively high rates of child obesity and unemployment.

Work is due to start later this year in Merseyside, with 17 teams of volunteers to be set up at 10 key locations, including:

Liverpool
Burscough, Blackburn and Burnley in Lancashire
Wigan in Greater Manchester
Skipton, Leeds, Castleford, Knottingley and Goole in Yorkshire

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31097713
click for more information

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

04/02/2015 : 11:15:54      reply with quote

Surely the route existed as soon as the canal became navigable from Leeds to Liverpool. As plenty of canoes use the canal I do see how it is new.

Interesting benefactor though. 1.8 billion from the top shelf in newsagents and TV channels only on late at night for a fee.

Newspaper puffing.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/02/2015 : 11:23:43      reply with quote

As I stated in my previous post

The scheme aimed to get "youngsters active and provide them with new life skills"

Not really a subject for debate, more a heads up for young people to get involved with something worthwhile.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

04/02/2015 : 17:08:51      reply with quote

I like the sound of it. The CRT is a relatively new charity looking after the canal and river networks. They aim to promote the safe use of the networks for all age groups and abilities.

If you are looking for volunteering opportunities, they have a page dedicated to volunteering. Unfortunately, they appear to favour Wigan for the North West and Leeds. There appears to be very little in our imediate area. I have not given up hope!

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > LOCAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES > England's first coast-to-coast route for canoes - JOB OPPORTUNITY  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to