Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > dodgy looking character round lowfield crescent/waterside

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : dodgy looking character round lowfield crescent/waterside

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 15:08:34      reply with quote

not sure whether this is anything sinister but just be aware, there was a man randomly ringing bells today, he was scruffily dressed and was having a good look down sides of drives.Strangely he rang doorbells at houses where no cars on drive, why would you do that? if you were selling a service you would go to the houses where people are in.Anyway in view of all the break ins just be vigilant
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 16:32:17      reply with quote

yes did the same on our street just where there were no cars, as i was waiting for him to knock on my door but he did`nt, he was scruffy and bow leggedsad :(

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 16:35:12      reply with quote

it would seem he was touting for business hedge trimming so I suppose he knocked at houses that had hedges, still best to be on alert burglaries often come soon after dorrknockers/leafleters

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 17:02:26      reply with quote

well my house has a 50m hedge round it and can be seen easily,and he knocked at next doorsad :(

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 17:45:08      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Could well be a connection there i was talking to an Howden road resident who said a man with ginger hair and an Irish accent called at his house asking if he needed any bushes or trees trimming and it was only a few days later that the last spate of burglaries started in that area, So best to be EXTRA VIGILANT

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 19:22:55      reply with quote

I have now joined www.owl.co.uk and am receiving daily information regarding reported crime in Silsden. They are keen to alert residents as to what is taking place, so get yourselves registered. It is very interesting, and the more people in the scheme, the better.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 20:10:39      reply with quote

not sure what this scheme is, website not really made it any clearer, if you are getting daily updates can you post it all on here or on silsden news facebook page?

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 20:25:31      reply with quote

It appears to be like a Neighbourhood Watch site run by the Police. They co-ordinate it, regulate it and send out emails to its members giving details of crime in their area on a daily basis. Very useful to know whats happening around you to keep you on your toes.
It may be deemed improper to transfer information directly onto this forum.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

05/02/2015 : 20:58:21      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

its good ,im on it ,as the old neighbourhood watch notification scheme is endinghappy :)

nabend
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 20:08:38      reply with quote

A cap with a Geordie accent knocked on my son's door in Skipton Rd on Friday offering a "free roof inspection"

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 20:35:25      reply with quote

www.owl.co.uk/wyp/

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 20:39:17      reply with quote

www.owl.co.uk/su/westyorks62.cfm

for community information, you don't have to sign up for neighbourhood watch.

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > dodgy looking character round lowfield crescent/waterside  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to