Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > anti snap locks

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : anti snap locks

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 09:56:01      reply with quote

someone came round the waterside estate yesterday giving advice about locks, not sure who he was but seemed genuine enough
click for more information

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 10:56:06      reply with quote

I would suggest; before you let anybody that you have not arranged to call, see your locks, you make sure who and what they are.
This sounds like a great way of them finding out where the euro profile locks are so they can come round later the break in.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 11:53:04      reply with quote

I agree grandad, you can't be too careful I know dogcatcher has given advice about locks before, maybe it was him?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 13:36:36      reply with quote

Before this gets out of hand, I have had an email from someone who will be around Silsden offering to replace eurolocks. I have checked with the police and he is genuine.

At the moment I don't want to put his details (name and licence number) on here, until I can post a picture so you can recognise him.

If I posted his details anyone could quote them to you at the door SO PLEASE CHECK ANY CALLERS ARE WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE - this guy does have a licence to trade from Bradford - ASK TO SEE IT

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 14:32:18      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
I agree grandad, you can't be too careful I know dogcatcher has given advice about locks before, maybe it was him?
no it was`nt me, used to give advice and size needed and even fit for free for pensioners but not nowsad :(

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 14:49:04      reply with quote

Excellent news to hear that somebody has taken the initiative to go door to door offering a lock replacement service. If you dont have anti snap locks fitted, you might as well not bother locking the door at all. I understand the average burglar can snap the old locks virtually silently and be inside your home in under a minute. Replacement locks should be between 30 - 40 each. If you wish to do it yourself, it is generally a matter of undoing one screw, sliding the old lock out,replace it with an anti snap lock of the same size, and putting the screw back in. Again can be done in about a minute. I wonder how many people will actually think to invest in new locks!?

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 15:01:09      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have just done all three of mine with matching keys that fit all the locks for 120.
I look at other doors around our area when I am walking the dog, and so far I have yet to see any of the new style locks fitted, they are recognizable from the footpath, so your average burglar will be able to spot them easily as well.

I dont understand why people will not spend a few quid on a new lock, its got to be cheaper than being burgled and takes about a minute to fit.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

08/02/2015 : 15:12:59      reply with quote

An alternative to anti snap locks are Hoppe security handles. They replace your existing door handles. They are solid and so are unable to be broken off, and therefore make it impossible for the would be burglars to attack the lock. They are an even more visual deterrent to anti snap locks and can be seen on a number of houses in Silsden .... usually the ones who have already been burgled. They cost the same price as the locks.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/02/2015 : 15:53:05      reply with quote

ANDREW DAVID BOOTH Tel 07759263797

Andrew has been checked out by the police to call at your door and offer advice on the fitting of snap proof euro locks. I have published his picture so that you can recognise him and know this is not a scam.

ALWAYS ASK TO SEE PROOF OF IDENTITY, Peter

I'll leave you with part of the email Andrew sent to me:

I have just read the message board and would like to say thanks now you get an idea of what i am up against in this technology age its always funny how many lock experts there are and too much reliance is always given to police advice on their favoured lock just to give you an example i have just seen the latest german 3 star lock snapped with ease thats why the inside knowledge i have built up is important . I always fit yale products that i have tested myself and have complete confidence in even the avocet abs can now be overcome in under 30 seconds by those in the know but such is the internet that its usually not long before your local scally wag gets his hands on this info .I HAVE FIT HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of my lock even in inner leeds and not once had a call to say anyone has even attempted to gain entry so that speaks volumes .

(email from Andrew Booth)

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

21/02/2015 : 13:10:07      reply with quote

he was back again today, seems a bit of an "ambulance chaser" also worried he is giving people the impression that he is a member of the police force.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

22/02/2015 : 12:33:54      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
he was back again today, seems a bit of an "ambulance chaser" also worried he is giving people the impression that he is a member of the police force.
Reply from Andrew Booth

hi peter ginjos post is entirely wrong my words are "I have a police issue certificate that allows me to trade from door to door" all it means is that the police have checked me out and does not mean I am a police man. These are my words used at each door, and as far as ambulance chasing goes I go where lock snapping is rife its no good canvassing in areas that are crime free.

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

16/03/2015 : 08:08:11      reply with quote

Andrew was in Silsden on Saturday morning, he carries a card from the police, he made it very clear he was not a poiiceman. Changed my locks in a matter of minutes. 40 each. Recommend him to anyone.

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > anti snap locks  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to