Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to I'm looking for...... | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > Workers at former Silsden firm sought

Replies in this thread : 2

Author

Topic : Workers at former Silsden firm sought

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

12/02/2015 : 15:25:51      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

From the KN 12 Feb 2015

WORKERS employed at a former Silsden firm in the 1960s are being sought as part of a legal case.

Solicitors acting for the family of a man who died nearly three years ago from an asbestos-related disease are asking ex-workmates to come forward.

Phillip Beckwith, who was 75, worked in the accounts department at the former Berry & Fletcher, in the Airedale Shed complex, between 1964 and 1967.

The father-of-three later contracted mesothelioma, a cancer of the lining of the lungs.

Thompsons Solicitors said several other firms also operated from the site during that period and their employees are asked to get in touch.

Oliver Collett, the solicitor representing the family, said: "Anyone who worked on the site of the weaving mills should come forward and share their experiences of the working conditions. Any information may help."

He can be contacted on 0113 205 6300.

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/11788502.print/
click for more information

Bob T
Website Member

Website Member

12/02/2015 : 16:18:12      reply with quote

If its the Philip Beckwith I knew check his age it wasn't 75

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

13/02/2015 : 16:50:34      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

yes it is the same Phillip Beckwith Bob T the same Phillip Beckwith who went on to own a milk round, I worked for him on Saturday mornings for a time on the milk round when i was a young lad and i am sure he would have only been about 68 years old now.

Replies in this thread : 2

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > I'm looking for...... > Workers at former Silsden firm sought  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2017

webenquiries to