Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > burglary

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : burglary

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2015 : 11:01:04      reply with quote

it seems there has been another break-in, off skipton road, entry through patio doors electrical items stolen along with 2 vehicles, white Volvo and black audi, also suspect that the dog was given something to keep it quiet, happened about 2am this morning
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2015 : 12:34:42      reply with quote

x-ref www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=7344

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2015 : 13:06:18      reply with quote

sorry peter. more info,golf gti not audi, and possibly the owners dog was sedated.These are serious criminals lets hope they get caught asap

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2015 : 15:12:31      reply with quote

just heard about another one on lowfield crescent, Monday morning.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

20/02/2015 : 17:46:33      reply with quote

yes and the euro lock snapped that must put break ins in that area in double figures when are people going to learn????? to get these locks changedangryangryangry and also one on high green drive??????

hat
Website Member

Website Member

23/02/2015 : 11:16:45      reply with quote

Bet Feb 2015 0200 & 16 Feb 2015 0230, LOWFIELD CRESCENT, SILSDEN, suspects attack the euro lock by using unknown implement, causing lock to snap. Entry then gained, untidy search made of all rooms and various electronic goods and jewellery taken. Keys for garage and a blue Toyota Yaris also taken and this vehicle in turn stolen from garage.

Bet 20 Feb 2015 0200 & 20 Feb 2015 0221, HIGH GREEN DRIVE, SILSDEN. Offenders approach rear aluminium patio doors and using bodily force them open gaining entry to kitchen area where property is removed.
www.owl.co.uk

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

23/02/2015 : 12:32:44      reply with quote

When tax disks were made redundant it was because ANPR cameras will catch tax dodgers. These cameras should at least give an idea to which area these stolen cars are going but obviously nobody is checking. If a murder took place cameras are checked but stolen cars are not a priority

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

23/02/2015 : 13:20:46      reply with quote

Silsden badly needs another CCTV camera up near the cemetery gates to see what vehicles are entering and leaving Silsden via the back door.

Howden Road and the surrounding area seems to be getting targeted as easy pickings, and my guess is they dont come in via Clog Bridge end.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

23/02/2015 : 13:38:37      reply with quote

I would be inclined to agree, but how would it be financed? Cameras up there, would push the problem elsewhere. Tannery corner? Raikes Road? Top road going to Kildwick? That is all assuming they are travelling by car.

What we need is a police force that can a, be relied on and b, be based locally. All this travelling to and from Bradford with prisoners, when there are perfectly suitable cells in Keighley, is beyond a joke. We need officers on the beat. The emphasis on neighbourhood watch schemes might work, if everyone becomes involved in them. Too many people do not want to get involved. The system really is broken!

I work nights and do not keep consistent hours. I quite often see things out of the ordinary. If I suspect criminal activity is about to take, or has taken place, I will usually ring 101. This is frustrating, because I am often kept waiting for ages.

Last night at 21:50, I was travelling home from Keighley, past the tarn. I saw a burgundy coloured Toyota Avensis that had all its windows put through, in a gateway to a farm above Redcar Farm. I phoned 101 and it took a good 10 minutes to get through to West Yorkshire Police Authority. I could have driven to the police station in that time and reported it at the front desk! There has been a spate of car thefts and break ins in that area, so i felt it was a possibility that the scrotes that had done the damage, could still be in the area. As it was, they had already had the car lodged earlier that day.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2015 : 22:08:46      reply with quote

yet another incident on lowfield crescent, shed broken into by using an implement to lever hinges although it seems nothing was taken.please be vigilant the scumbags are still out there

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2015 : 22:17:21      reply with quote

Is it time for vigilantes...sorry I mean individuals having a steak out

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

28/02/2015 : 07:55:39      reply with quote

Ohhh I have mine rare please