Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > The seat under the nab In memory of Douglas & Vera Tempest.

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : The seat under the nab In memory of Douglas & Vera Tempest.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

24/02/2015 : 23:01:11      reply with quote

Have you ever sat on the seat ( gratefully positioned under the nab ) and thought who were Douglas & Vera Tempest? well i have. Can anybody help with my inquiry.
There is also remembrance tributes to Tommy Utley from family members Jean & Malc, Mum & Dad. It looks like Tommy was a gunner in the Royal Artillery.
-
click for more information

Cobydaler
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2015 : 00:36:15      reply with quote

If its the same Tommy he was a long standing Trustee at the Warp Dressers and Twisters club .A nice guy .

Angus
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2015 : 13:49:40      reply with quote

I do remember the Tempests Vera was very friendly with my Mother, I have a feeling they went to the Methodist Church-so there might be a lead there, I also have a feeling that he had a disability.

robin
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2015 : 16:03:21      reply with quote

Douglas Tempest worked in the accounts dept at C.H. Fletcher, from memory he had a false leg due to a wartime injury. They did attend the methodists.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2015 : 17:32:28      reply with quote

posted by midway
Have you ever sat on the seat ( gratefully positioned under the nab ) and thought who were Douglas & Vera Tempest? well i have. Can anybody help with my inquiry.
There is also remembrance tributes to Tommy Utley from family members Jean & Malc, Mum & Dad. It looks like Tommy was a gunner in the Royal Artillery.
g src="s9.postimg.org/c3pqsgxnj/S1140003.jpg">
I had a lot of time and respect for Tommy and his wife. They are sadly missed. Not many people about like them today.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2015 : 18:59:13      reply with quote

A view from Douglas & Vera's bench.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2015 : 19:11:47      reply with quote

Hey Midway you have got some good glasses, you must be blind without them laugh :D

midway
Website Member

Website Member

25/02/2015 : 19:13:27      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

GAMEKEEPER---I have tried to identify Tommy via army records. was he a prisoner of war in Germany in the second ww?
PETER--I can see your house from here.

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > The seat under the nab In memory of Douglas & Vera Tempest.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to