Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Multi fuel/wood burning stoves

Replies in this thread : 1

Author

Topic : Multi fuel/wood burning stoves

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/02/2015 : 22:39:50      reply with quote

Multi fuel/wood burning stoves are just as dangerous as gas fires. This case although not in Silsden shows why.

A RETIRED fisherman says a carbon monoxide detector saved his life and that of his two parrots after a faulty flue almost killed them.

Mr 'Butts' Buttery lives in an old fisherman's cottage in the middle of Mousehole, which is heated by a free-standing multi-fuel stove.

Two weeks ago the disabled 79-year-old, whose parrots are both called 'Cap'n', was sitting in his front room late in the afternoon when the detector, situated next to the stairs, went off.

"At first I thought the alarm was playing up," he said. "I took it out of its holder and took it outside until it stopped beeping but as soon as I put it back, it went off again.

Read more: www.cornishman.co.uk/Alarm-saves-man-deadly-gas/story-26080915-detail/story.html#ixzz3SzIE2MCe
Follow us: @CornishmanPaper on Twitter | Cornishmanpaper on Facebook

Always have working smoke AND carbon monoxide alarms
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/03/2015 : 09:19:06      reply with quote

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-8-mar/product-detail/ps/p/lifesaver-home-safety-pack/
click for more information

Replies in this thread : 1

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Multi fuel/wood burning stoves  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to