Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > TTIP funding the NHS and a chance to meet your next MP Sat 14 March

Replies in this thread : 8

Author

Topic : TTIP funding the NHS and a chance to meet your next MP Sat 14 March

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/03/2015 : 11:03:10      reply with quote

Kris Hopkinson (Con), John Gogan (Lab), Gareth Epps (Lib Dem), Ros Brown (Green) and Paul Latham (UKIP) will be attending this debate on how TTIP will impact on the NHS and other services.

click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/03/2015 : 11:29:10      reply with quote

I was only the messenger for the above, but and as I didn't really know much about TTIP I thought perhaps I should know more. A quick Google of TTIP brings up a few alarming articles one of which is this one....

www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

02/03/2015 : 16:02:12      reply with quote

I wouldnt get too bogged down reading an article by a left of centre Greens supporter who is against change.
However the meeting will go like this

Tories
The NHS is safe with us and will always remain free at point of use but will not confirm how far privatisasion will go.

Labour
This is Tory privatisation of the NHS which we oppose because we oppose everything the Tories suggest forgetting the Privitisation the last Labour Government did.

Libdems
Will wait to see which party offers them the most after the election.

Greens
Oppose it on grounds of keeping private companies out of NHS

UKIP
Will point out that this is the EU negotiating away our democratic rights because the EU are our undemocratic rulers.

Its not the Tories giving these powers up its the EU so im with UKIP on this one

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

02/03/2015 : 16:02:47      reply with quote

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-31631461

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/03/2015 : 11:26:03      reply with quote

Election candidates to face public at Question Time event
6:58pm Monday 2nd March 2015

By Alistair Shand

KEIGHLEY'S general election candidates will face the public in a Question Time-style event at Silsden.

They will have the chance to give their views on the NHS and related issues, before the audience has the opportunity to voice its opinions and ask questions.

The meeting at Silsden Methodist Church hall at 2pm on March 14 will be chaired by Colin Buchanan, a former Bishop of Bradford and president of the Electoral Reform Society.

It is being organised by Airedale 38 Degrees, a non-party-political group.

Chairman Robin Martin said the group's main concern was the future of the NHS amid privatisation of public services and the possible introduction of the so-called Transatlantic Treaty Investment Partnership, a trade agreement between the European Union and the United States which it is claimed is being negotiated in secret.

"We want to lift the lid on this secrecy and bring it out into the open," said Mr Martin.

Refreshments will be provided.

Visit facebook.com/groups/38degreesairedale or call 07896 824480 for further details.

errant juggler
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2015 : 19:55:41      reply with quote

Tomorrow - looking forward to it

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

13/03/2015 : 20:38:35      reply with quote

Kris Hopkins has "given back word" on this event at very short notice(to quote a message from the organisers, 38 Degrees, who have no party political allegiance)His office gave no reason but those of us who do have party political allegiances can make a pretty good guess... or two! As far as I know all our other parliamentary candidates will be there as promised. This is a rare, important local opportunity to see them in action and discuss the real threats to the NHS and other public services we face, regardless of how we intend vote in May. See you all there I hope!

racred
Website Member

Website Member

17/03/2015 : 06:26:19      reply with quote

I went along to the meeting as I wanted more information re: TTIP. Also to see which prospective MP would come across as knowledgedable on all the issues which affect us locally and nationally. I would have loved to see Kris Hopkins too but he didn't turn up.

At the end of the day Labour is getting my vote. He came across as articulate, knowledgeable and candid.

38 degrees is not a leftish organisation they cover all issues from all parties and it is democratic. I'm fed up of anything that has any descent against the tories is seen as a leftish organisation. All issues need a debate around them, that's called democracy and that's how it works.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

17/03/2015 : 08:16:53      reply with quote

Did anyone question the Bishop about the CofE's recent foray into politics demanding a living wage, something the church does not pay all of its own employees?

Replies in this thread : 8

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > TTIP funding the NHS and a chance to meet your next MP Sat 14 March  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to