Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > A walk in the Wood

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 30

Author

Topic : A walk in the Wood

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 18:22:08      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

We all can see this Woodland,when did you last walk in it spring crag/ alder carr wood.

go and look how it is now
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 18:44:16      reply with quote

It is being used as a dumping ground

plenty more just like this

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 19:05:33      reply with quote

I did not know you were allowed to walk through it anymore, I thought someone had bought it a number of years back,What a mess, can anything be done about it?

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 19:07:36      reply with quote

What a mess middy what state is the rest of the wood in then ???

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 19:33:33      reply with quote

I don't know who the owner is , if it is shown as a footpath on a os map i,m walking on it,and yes hillbilly much worse.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 19:49:23      reply with quote

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 20:15:44      reply with quote

Whatever Middy i can see asbestos on two of the photos and that is well illegal to just tip like thatsad :(sad :(sad :(

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 20:56:17      reply with quote

Yes i think you are correct hillbilly, also i don,t think the land owner is a victim of somebody else fly tipping. the only vehicle capable of tipping the waste so far into the wood is a tractor. spot the tractor parked by the entrance.

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 21:15:16      reply with quote

my eyesight is not what it used to be is that the tractor with the big tyres under the tarpaulin sheet middylaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 21:51:32      reply with quote

This lot has,t been used for a while.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 22:02:51      reply with quote

LOADS of scrap here hillbilly

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 22:14:20      reply with quote

wow middy this lot would give the Y.A.A. right boosthappy :)happy :)happy :)laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

18/03/2015 : 22:20:17      reply with quote

This is a scrap yard in the sky middy, surley they can't be anymoreshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8O

clashster
Website Member

Website Member

26/03/2015 : 10:34:23      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I saw a couple of contractors tractors with tipping trailors full of soil and rubble heading up that way last week, and they must have the owners consent cause there's a big chain with a combination lock on the gates.
A lot of the stuff has been there for years but the caravan that was burnt out the other week , all that security fencing which is probably hiding from its owner, the jeep and the old tractor appeared over the last 12 months or so, but the tipping of soil and rubble started in the last couple of weeks and is on going cause they went to the trouble of cutting back all the trees so it didn't damage their kit. I could take a wild guess as to where it's come from as well but I wont. Don't you need a license for tipping waste??

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/03/2015 : 12:37:24      reply with quote

Thank you clashter for your observations, it's obvious to us the owner must have knowledge that waste is being dumped in the wood.( question ) do we know who owns the wood, and does he need a permit to dump waste. somebody must know, let's wait and see. But not too long.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

26/03/2015 : 14:21:41      reply with quote

A good few years ago I seem to recall that a man who works at the m.o.t garage on howden road was connected to the wood, don't know his name or if he still has an interest

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 09:12:15      reply with quote

I was working on an assignment mor my coursework in the woods 4 years ago. There was a little Grey Fergie parked over a stream, leading into the canal. The dashboard and stearing box had been removed. Any oil/hydraulic fluids will have drained straight into the canal!!

Given that the tin work was in good condition and spares are readily available, this would be a really good restoration project for someone.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 09:23:41      reply with quote

i have a hunch who owns the woods

midway
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 17:17:11      reply with quote

A recent rubbish fire with spray cans could be connected to a garage owner.

Floyd
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 19:50:10      reply with quote

very clever Steve ive got it am I the only one, see if any one comes back to you

hat
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2015 : 09:23:25      reply with quote

So has anyone shown these to the police orcenv agency?
solid wood flooring

Floyd
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2015 : 11:23:59      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

ORCENV agency ?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2015 : 11:55:46      reply with quote

That will be Environment Agency.OK.

Snowdrop
Website Member

Website Member

29/03/2015 : 10:19:36      reply with quote

Perhaps it would be helpful if anyone knows the correct channels / appropriate agency to post the name and contact details on this topic page.

Are the local councillors aware and could they help ?

How much longer will it be before there are other areas of Silsden looking like same disgusting mess !
The photos are a wonderful source of evidence to show to the right agency.

I stopped walking in those woods bout 2 years ago as encountered a couple of hostile looking men with rifles. There also looked to be a temporary shelter / dwelling near to the canal.

The owner of the land should be made accountable.

clashster
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2015 : 12:08:38      reply with quote

I`ve just been up there with the dog and there was a couple of blokes with a old W reg` silver twin cab pick up clearing up around where the caravans have been burnt out, probably clearing up the spray cans etc`.
I also walked up past where they`ve been tipping off the rubble, the good news is the Asbestos that you could see in the pictures has gone, the bad news is they`re now tipping off the rubble down the banking with no regard to the trees or environment probably a good 100 ton plus so far.
I`m pretty sure if someone was to ring the number on that security fencing the owners would be pleased to be reunited with it.
its time some thing was done about this and those responsible taken into hand and made to put this right.

roosterman
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2015 : 14:46:41      reply with quote

person who owns it, a lot of us know him, well true silsdeners will, dunno bout any off cumdens or not, doggie gave a hint in the *hunch* bit

clashster
Website Member

Website Member

01/04/2015 : 16:09:14      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

i got the hunch bit. but like you true silsdeners i didn`t want to name names.
i saw 2 old silsdeners talking in the cemetery the other day about some off cumden fella, one was heard to say, "35 years that lads lived here and he wasn`t a bad sort after all" the other one was heard to say " I your right maybe we should`ve spoken to him before he died".

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 06:40:16      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
i have a hunch who owns the woods
I am disgusted at this remark, and so should everyone else who reads it, but instead they all agree and take it as an acceptable comment! It just shows the childlike bullying nature of people who use this forum,
Name calling is pathetic at any age, but as an adult is just beyond belief. You should be ashamed of your comments! if you are not brave enough to say it to Neil's face, then don't say it.

It seems that peter is more than happy to close threads when the floodgate is in question...but comments like this are OK....MMMMM I do wonder

clashster
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 10:19:55      reply with quote

Bullying is something that shouldn't happen yes, so is dumping waste in a local beauty spot so if Neil would care to explain is actions on here I will be the first to appolagise for knowing who the remark was about.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 10:40:56      reply with quote

bee ive been called a fat ugly b+++++d and that i smell,they could be right bit things on here are taken with a pinch of salt,i know the guy in question and will tell him what i think of the disgusting tip in the woods, that place had deer and other wildlife in it ,ps i will tell him to bring the scrap down to yours and see if you like itrazz :p

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 11:16:51      reply with quote

This topic will not become a witch-hunt. If you have a problem take it to the correct authorities.