Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > well i thought i`d seen it all before

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 17

Author

Topic : well i thought i`d seen it all before

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

25/03/2015 : 11:53:59      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

desperate measures by the kwarp (coop), someone going round the town with an advertising sandwich board on his back,hell they will be press ganging us in there next laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D
click for more information

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

25/03/2015 : 12:37:53      reply with quote

Is that you Listener? The things you'll do for a free meal!!!

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 18:26:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

well the coop came up our way today,giving free chocolate ,boxes of fair trade 240 teabags and 2 off vouchers,anyone for teahappy :)

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 18:57:50      reply with quote

I find this rather upsetting, I feel very sorry for the staff at the co=op they must be worried sick about their future, I don't think it is something to make fun of.A lot of people were glad of the coop when we had snow, it has served the people of silsden well,
Aldi have been good at marketing and for some reason its fashionable at the moment.I heve not yet been down there, having tried the Keighley one and the skipton one I am not impressed.

cars
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 18:59:21      reply with quote

are you blaming people for trying to let you know the coop is still there...or for the colour of their skin...........have a day off you loser

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 19:08:47      reply with quote

We saw them on our way to Aldi Doggy outside Pauls DIY with a big basket,Hope they don't come up here as we do not have any room left in our fridge, freezer, cupboards or seller for all them Aldi goodies we used our last 5 coupon today, Thanks for leaving us a Holly Lane chocolate gateaus Doggy we got some fresh cream to go with it yum yum yum yum yum yum yumhappy :)happy :)happy :)laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D Life is good

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 19:24:29      reply with quote

The Co-op are trying to respond to competition from Aldi, to survive. Good luck to them.. it's something alien to them in Silsden. But it's the way of the world. The Co-op have to be more efficient, better managed, price aware, and more customer focussed. If they cut back on staff that's the first mistake... Tesco's decline started with that mistake, but they are learning fast what to do now.
Aldi are slick and well organised, and they are not greedy. Don't knock them, they are benefitting us all in the long term.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 20:02:55      reply with quote

Thwaites Wainwrights Golden Ale

Aldi...1.25
Co-op..2-15

Says it all!

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 20:48:58      reply with quote

To me Aldi seem to be doing what Ken Morrison did when he started,( Pile it high and sell it cheap,) and I have heard that there new head man is going back to the old ways..

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

27/03/2015 : 21:08:20      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by wheelaman123
To me Aldi seem to be doing what Ken Morrison did when he started,( Pile it high and sell it cheap,) and I have heard that there new head man is going back to the old ways..
You have just hit the nail on the head wheelman123 and it is working very well from what i have seen, tried and saved a lot of money on already fill your boots Life is goodhappy :)happy :)happy :)laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2015 : 06:27:47      reply with quote

I can do a full weeks shopping in there for 35, including extras.

Hobgoblin 1.17 a bottle. 500g minced beef 2.49. (I still use Bradley Road butchers for most of my meat).

Hillbilly. You are spot on about the Chocolate Gateaux. Life is definitely good!

charlie
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2015 : 11:37:32      reply with quote

Coop free face painting money of vouchers and free samples in SILSDEN today only

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

28/03/2015 : 23:40:58      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
I find this rather upsetting, I feel very sorry for the staff at the co=op they must be worried sick about their future, I don't think it is something to make fun of.A lot of people were glad of the coop when we had snow, it has served the people of silsden well,
Aldi have been good at marketing and for some reason its fashionable at the moment.I heve not yet been down there, having tried the Keighley one and the skipton one I am not impressed.
Well gingo whatever we know were we will be doing our main shop without any doubt, we used to be very loyal to the co-op even after we did not get our 100 plus of shares last year and now thay are giving things away for free well what goes round comes round and we must have saved well over 100 over the last three weeks long live Aldihappy :)happy :)happy :)laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

29/03/2015 : 10:59:07      reply with quote

if you have noticed in the papers the coop had a 600m profit in 2012 then it killed off the divi to members and now its 200m in the red and the new director says it will be 2017 before any profit can be expected... in 2009/10/11 i got about 600 ponuds in divi vouchers in a year for membership ,then in 2012 it was 6/10 pounds if im lucky when they reduced the divi,,, the directors of the company has caused this just deserts comes to mindangryangry

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2015 : 15:50:22      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
desperate measures by the kwarp (coop), someone going round the town with an advertising sandwich board on his back,hell they will be press ganging us in there next laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D
thank you for politically correcting me peter but what ever anyone puts theres always one who want to complain..sad :( they need to get a lifelaugh :Dlaugh :D

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2015 : 16:08:39      reply with quote

for all the scare mongering traffic folk there seems to be no extra blockage etc at all only the usual coming home from work time,which was already there ,a smooth flow in and out of aldi,and dont forget the chocolate gateauhappy :)happy :)

cars
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2015 : 17:47:32      reply with quote

think you need to get a life.....instead of that of a raciest ( by the way.. you smell)

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/03/2015 : 18:05:48      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

cars all on here is taken with a pince of salt and we have a good laugh,,, calling some one sunburnt is not racist so go crawl under your rocklaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

Replies in this thread : 17

Thread Closed

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > well i thought i`d seen it all before  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to