Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > For Gazzer - re blocked footpaths

Replies in this thread : 3

Author

Topic : For Gazzer - re blocked footpaths

Allan
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 14:15:48      reply with quote

"What can a landowner do if a large group turns up with smartphone camera/videos?" was the question you asked. The answer is that, as long as they keep to the footpath, and move even slowly along it, the landowner can do nothing at all.However, it's of little use taking pictures of padlocked gates when the landowner has been laughing at such pictures presented to him by Bradford Met for years; and the latter show absolutely no inclination to take him to court.

I asked them about the court business once. "Too expensive". "But you've a cast-iron case!". "We might incur costs". BUT YOU'VE A CAST-IRON CASE""!....

Silence....
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

02/04/2015 : 23:47:43      reply with quote

posted by Allan
"What can a landowner do if a large group turns up with smartphone camera/videos?" was the question you asked. The answer is that, as long as they keep to the footpath, and move even slowly along it, the landowner can do nothing at all.However, it's of little use taking pictures of padlocked gates when the landowner has been laughing at such pictures presented to him by Bradford Met for years; and the latter show absolutely no inclination to take him to court.

I asked them about the court business once. "Too expensive". "But you've a cast-iron case!". "We might incur costs". BUT YOU'VE A CAST-IRON CASE""!....

Silence....
I mean take photos of any actions by landlords

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/04/2015 : 22:04:12      reply with quote

I see the application for housing at the top of the tip has attracted the attention of Bradford Council Rights of Way department

"The affected public footpath must not be obstructed by any plant, materials or equipment. Any obstruction of the route constitutes an offence under the Highways Act 1980 and will be pursued accordingly."

Lets hope they act accordingly with this right of way aswell

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

04/04/2015 : 20:53:46      reply with quote

I agree Gazzer. Right of way must be preserved at all costs!

What about the rights of way that are blocked or neglected within the Silsden area by one or two obnoxious landowners already!

Time to tackle these people who think they are above the the LAW and then get around to the other planning proposals which might or might not take place!!

Replies in this thread : 3

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > For Gazzer - re blocked footpaths  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to