Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > car park charges

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : car park charges

JeanD
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 18:34:15      reply with quote

Last week I went into Cavendish car park to wait for hubby calling in an electrical shop in Cavendish St. I drove round and didn't go into a parking space !! Granted he was more than 10 minutes but I was with the car and engine4 going all the time. This week I have received a parking ticket for £60 Beware as I was tagged in and tagged going out. Expensive piece of electrical equipment.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 18:43:14      reply with quote

Lots of car parks in Keighley use this system like Aldi,Sainsburys. I would look at it. They can only charge you for their "loss" which would be minimal.

www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-eye/

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 20:33:34      reply with quote

Don't pay it not worth the paper it is writen on a good friend of mine got one in the same car park last year and never paid it he did get a stack of letters and threats of court action but nothing ever came of it and the letters have now stoppedhappy :)happy :)happy :)

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 20:38:35      reply with quote

i got one april 2014 loads of letters and threats didnt pay it as its not legal now been 3 mths of not hearing anything,dont pay thesehappy :)

roosterman
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 21:04:33      reply with quote

you only pay the 1s that are run by the council, whatever you do, do not phone them up or write to them, do absolutely nothing other than burn the letters or shred them

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 22:06:47      reply with quote

Doggy i like them big yellow wheel clamps the best, I got one on me motor down in Torquay a few years ago i tried every shop in Torquay looking for an hacksaw and could not find one for love nor money so returned back to my motor and phoned the clamping company telling the chap on the phone i had his release fee for himlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D sure enough he turned up 10 minutes later and asked do you have the payment please Sir i replied no but you have the key for the clamp were is it ?, In my pocket he replied aftrer wresteling him to the ground and trying to obtain the key he slipped my grip and bolted off to a nearby hotel to take refuge while the police turned up and sure enough they did HELLO HELLO HELLO whats going on here then, I told them i had been clamped and this plonker won't remove it untill i pay him £60 the plod asks do you have the £60 no i replied i only have enough for fuel to get me back home to Yorkshire so the plod asks the clamper can he send you the payment when he gets back home ? No replied the clamper i need payment before i remove the clamp by then i was getting a bit fed up so asked the clamper are you taking it off or not ?, No not till you pay the £60 he replied by then hillbilly was not a happy chappie so i opend my boot and pulled out a wheel brase """ HERE COMES JOHNNY """ popped it through the lock after exerting some effort A LOUD CRACK and off popped the pad lockrazz :prazz :prazz :plaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dhappy :)happy :)happy :) arrest him arrest him criminal damage yelled the clamper as he jumped up and down, The two plods said no we are not arresting him we are not getting involved and let me drive offlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dhappy :)happy :)happy :)razz :prazz :prazz :p Life is good

midway
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 22:46:33      reply with quote

The charge you are being asked to pay is too high. Legally, the amount charged has to relate to a calculation of the loss to the landowner. They can claim for lost income if you occupy a space that someone else could have paid for and used, but only if the car park was full and there were no parking spaces left. For example, if parking cost £1 an hour and you have been issued with a parking charge notice for £30, you would need to have parked there for 30 hours to justify the charge. If you challenge the ticket because the amount charged seems too high, you can also ask for a breakdown of how the landowner’s losses were calculated If you get a ticket and you don’t think you should have to pay, you can decide not to pay and not to reply to the parking operator. It is possible that the parking operator will take enforcement action in order to recover the charge although in practice a threat of this nature may not be followed through as the amount of money being demanded is usually quite small. A parking operator has no power to recover a parking charge without first taking court action. The company may continue to send requests to pay and you can continue to ignore these unless they decide to take you to the small claims court. If the parking operator does take you to court, you may be able to defend the action, for example, on the grounds that you did not park in breach of the parking rules and/or that the fee being demanded is unreasonably high.

roosterman
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 22:54:22      reply with quote

this happened to quite a few motorists last year and they all asked the same question, this was on the keighley/bradford area site through facebook, and all the replies back were the same, ignore every single letter from them, even if they threaten you with court action, thats simply a bully ploy tactic to get you worried, the only 1 you dont ignore is 1 thru the council, that 1 you would have to pay,

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

09/04/2015 : 23:22:41      reply with quote

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/12879219.Drivers_in_dispute_with_parking_firm_over_ticket_machines_at_Keighley_car_park/

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 12:10:55      reply with quote

How do you determine which ones are from the council, do they have the logos on? What makes theirs special? The councils, Bradford Met in particular, are the biggest robbers of them all!

blob
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 12:22:21      reply with quote

It should say on the payment sign who the operator of the car park is. A notorious car park is Changegate car park in Haworth. Don't park there as they are complete cowboys. You have been warned!

roosterman
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 13:28:01      reply with quote

simply because the council will never ever give up, you will be taken to court and if u dont turn up at court they find you guilty, then they will send out the baliffs to recover the money owed, or they will take your valuables to be auctioned off, wot they think is equivelent to the sum owed, where as these non council ones will just simply no pursue it after 2 years maximum, 4 every person that pays the *fine* is a bonus to them

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > car park charges  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to