Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Why some Silsdeners ignore this forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author

Topic : Why some Silsdeners ignore this forum

ealteacher
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 15:32:09      reply with quote

I know of several people who will not give this forum any attention. The reason they give is the low standard of posts on here.

For example, Grandad's last post:

Yes both Mallinson and Val carroll have shown there true colours!
All talk but no do unless it puts money in their pockets.
And to all the others that have knocked the Town council on here, you have now had your chance to step up to the plate and try to make a difference.
Bbut you couldn't be bothered, so now on keep your gobs shut.
Unquote

Grandad, I don't know you, so maybe there are excuses for this posting being so rude and insulting. Why do you think a townsperson has to be a member of the town council before they can express their opinion? How can you make such rude unfounded accusations about money?

I am beginning to see why others keep well away from this forum.

click for more information

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 16:08:39      reply with quote

Unless one enjoys a bit of NIMBY and Tory baiting I agree.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 16:41:34      reply with quote

If you don't like the forum why are you posting here? happy :)sad :(laugh :Dwink ;)razz :pangryshocked 8O

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 17:28:10      reply with quote

What? I don't even

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 17:46:16      reply with quote

I like the forum.

However I do not follow any party line. I am my own person with my own opinions.

ealteacher
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 17:49:57      reply with quote

Peter,

Why did you respond to my posting like this:

"If you don't like the forum why are you posting here?" + emoticons.

Do you have a rule that people who post on your forum have to like it?

I think the problem is your use of the word 'like'. With respect, it is more important

to me than liking/disliking - it is more to do with trying to exchange views in a

democracy. That is important.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 18:03:48      reply with quote

posted by Peter
If you don't like the forum why are you posting here? happy :)sad :(laugh :Dwink ;)razz :pangryshocked 8O
It was just an observation, not aimed at anyone in particular. There are lots of people that use this website for lots of reasons, say what you like as long as you are civil to each other. Read what Grandad posted again there is nothing wrong with it... perhaps not the language I would have used but I have seen a lot worse on this forum. Just because a post comes after yours doesn't necessarily mean it is a reply to your post.

However, it gets personal when you are named in the post. happy :)

midway
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 18:23:48      reply with quote

Looks to me ealteacher the only person not supportive of this forum is you. short memory i think.

www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=2600

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

10/04/2015 : 21:58:06      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by midway
Looks to me ealteacher the only person not supportive of this forum is you. short memory i think.

www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=2600
How does a short memory work, when you refer back to a thread nearly 5 years old !

I look at this forum on a daily basis, and find that the bulk of posts are made by 20-30 members, so it is certainly not an actual cross section of Silsden residents.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

11/04/2015 : 17:33:37      reply with quote

posted by ealteacher
I know of several people who will not give this forum any attention. The reason they give is the low standard of posts on here.

For example, Grandad's last post:

Yes both Mallinson and Val carroll have shown there true colours!
All talk but no do unless it puts money in their pockets.
And to all the others that have knocked the Town council on here, you have now had your chance to step up to the plate and try to make a difference.
Bbut you couldn't be bothered, so now on keep your gobs shut.
Unquote

Grandad, I don't know you, so maybe there are excuses for this posting being so rude and insulting. Why do you think a townsperson has to be a member of the town council before they can express their opinion? How can you make such rude unfounded accusations about money?

I am beginning to see why others keep well away from this forum.

I do not see anything in my first post that is incorrect.
When has either of them actually done anything for Silsden that they haven't been paid for?
All of the Town councillors are not paid, and they have put in many hour of work for this Town
If you don't like the truth tough!

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

12/04/2015 : 11:50:43      reply with quote

your end quote tag is in the wrong place Grandad, makes your post a bit confusing.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

13/04/2015 : 09:04:32      reply with quote

Everything above the piece repeated below was a qoute, my new entry was.

I do not see anything in my first post that is incorrect.
When has either of them actually done anything for Silsden that they haven't been paid for?
All of the Town councillors are not paid, and they have put in many hour of work for this Town
If you don't like the truth tough!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

13/04/2015 : 09:10:06      reply with quote

junno
I believe that part of the confusion was caused because the quote that started this topic off was from another topic and I have also replied in that topic.
That reply was.
gazzer The keep you gobs shut was to those who would now claim that the Town Councillors are not democratically elected, just because there hasn't been an election held.

Perry
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2015 : 23:38:41      reply with quote

I understand the frustration of anyone who devotes hours and hours of unpaid time to try to benefit their local community when, instead of receiving well deserved recognition, they are criticized. However, not everyone feels ready, confident or upto to negotiating the complexities of local government policies and politics. I like that the site encourages political interest and informs members.I think it must feel intimidating when content becomes personal. I want the site to continue informing me of threats to local trees and of the need to keep an eye open for lost parrots. I enjoy my visits to the site very much and would hate the idea of it ever being closed.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2015 : 23:43:56      reply with quote

posted by Perry
I understand the frustration of anyone who devotes hours and hours of unpaid time to try to benefit their local community when, instead of receiving well deserved recognition, they are criticized. However, not everyone feels ready, confident or upto to negotiating the complexities of local government policies and politics. I like that the site encourages political interest and informs members.I think it must feel intimidating when content becomes personal. I want the site to continue informing me of threats to local trees and of the need to keep an eye open for lost parrots. I enjoy my visits to the site very much and would hate the idea of it ever being closed.

I agree. I normally visit the site twice a day.

Replies in this thread : 14

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Why some Silsdeners ignore this forum  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to