Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Daisy hill to Banklands foot path.

Replies in this thread : 34

Author

Topic : Daisy hill to Banklands foot path.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

13/04/2015 : 19:53:50      reply with quote

Just to let everybody know, this footpath is not private. so don't be intimidated by any of the residents close by, yes there is some token obstruction but it's easy to get past. please be sensible and only use it when the builders aren't working

click for more information

victor
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 13:43:08      reply with quote

Yes midway it will be a right of way when the site is finished. The people who moved into the house next to the footpath are trying to get the OLD OAK TREE on Banklands lane cut down so they can widen there drive, I hope our local councillors get involved to stop them cutting down one of the last oak trees in Silsden.

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 14:46:17      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Might be good idea to keep an eye on that one. Keep walking the path or an application will be started to close it. Some years ago someone tried to close the pathway through hawber cote lane by putting a barbed wire fence. My dad cut it down, when the resident concerned called the,police dad produced the map showing the foot path.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 15:35:18      reply with quote

That would be T7 on the TPO list

https://maps.bradford.gov.uk/LocalViewext/Sites/tpolandfill/#

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 15:45:49      reply with quote

... and Banklands Lane doesn't look like this anymore sad :(

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 16:04:42      reply with quote

Very few places left in Silsden that do look like this. New housing has ripped the heart and soul out of Silsden and taken the community spirit with it. These houses, however eco friendly, are faceless. They are too uniform and have no character. They might well be well built. I have no problem with Snells or the brief period of employments that the development has provided, but you cannot just keep building houses. Land is not a infinite resource!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 19:38:40      reply with quote

victor
Website Member

Website Member

01/08/2014 : 08:31:41 reply with quote
Because the local builder has put the houses too near to the large Oak tree at the centre of the picture they are now digging up the roots for the driveways. On the planning permission they must not work within 2 metres of the canopy, I wonder if Silsden town council care if will loose another Oak tree.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 19:55:41      reply with quote

Well i thought it could happen, the top part of the footpath is now closed off. Let's hope it's only temporary,

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

14/04/2015 : 21:40:16      reply with quote

Middy stihl saw all fueled up and ready to go shocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Olaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

15/04/2015 : 10:44:12      reply with quote

has anyone reported this to planning department and tree preservation?

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

15/04/2015 : 15:36:32      reply with quote

I have reported the tree damage to Bradford Met, who are now sending an officer out to it. Let's hope it isn't too late!!

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

15/04/2015 : 15:40:46      reply with quote

now then here goes, the footpath is closed due to health and safety as per the 106 legal agreement between messers snell and bfd council, it will be opened again when it is deemed safe,it has to be reopened at the completion of the site, I have been assured that the path will probably opened before the completion again health and safety permitted, the snell family have no control over the hse so please don't keep on at them they are a responsible company who are doing their best. as for the oak tree the homeowner has applied to TRIM the oak tree NOT chop it down ,the tree preservation people are well aware of the application, hope this helps to alleviate any concerns. yes I am on the ball thanks.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

15/04/2015 : 16:11:14      reply with quote

Skippy yes you are right as I said in my post the footpath will be a right of way when the site is finished. As to the tree, I have been reliably informed an independent survey is being done to see if it can be condemned.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

15/04/2015 : 17:59:36      reply with quote

posted by victor
Skippy yes you are right as I said in my post the footpath will be a right of way when the site is finished. As to the tree, I have been reliably informed an independent survey is being done to see if it can be condemned.
Is that before or after they kill the tree? Too early yet to tell how healthy or otherwise the tree is just yet. Some epicormic growth in one lower down and many of my saplings are in bud.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

15/04/2015 : 21:46:21      reply with quote

So this memo means nothing then?

Memo

To: Fiona Tiplady

Major Development Team

Development Services

Jacobs Well

Your Ref: DC/4705/MPB1FRDH02F01

12 July 2013

Department of Regeneration and Culture

Rights of Way

1st Floor (North)

Jacobs Well

Bradford

BD1 5RW

Tel: (01274) 431018

E-Mail: fiona.plane@bradford.gov.uk

My Ref: TDP/66680T20/SIL205/44/FMP
Planning Application No: 13/02487/MAF Residential development of 26 dwellings on Land at Daisy Hill, Silsden

Thank you for your memo requesting our observations on the above planning application.

A permissive footpath reference Silsden 205 runs from Daisy Hill along the south western boundary of the site, I am pleased to see this footpath is accommodated within the proposals shown bounded by 1.5 metre high timber fences. The route is well used by local people to access the park.

I note that the plan also show a 2 metre wide public footpath link from the proposed estate road to Banklands Lane. Public Footpath No. 44 (Silsden) leaves Banklands Lane just to the east of this link path, this footpath then leads east into a network of rights of way crossing farm land nearby. The link path is likely to be a well used route and ideally should be constructed to adoptable standards and included in the Highways Act 1980 S.38 agreement.

If planning permission is granted please ensure that the applicant is made aware of the need to adhere to the following standard requirements during the period of any works on site:

The affected public footpath must not be obstructed by any plant, materials or equipment. Any obstruction of the route constitutes an offence under the Highways Act 1980 and will be pursued accordingly.

If essential works mean that the public right of way cannot be kept open because of safety hazards, a temporary diversion or closure order must be obtained. Please contact Mr David Greenwood on (01274) 432046 for details.

Even if planning permission is granted, no new stiles, gates, barriers or other structures can be erected on or across a public right of way without prior approval from the Council's Rights of Way Section. The requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act must also be considered.

If work alongside the public footpath presents a danger to path users the affected section should be fenced off with safety netting

The surface of the footpath should not be disturbed, however, if damage to the public footpath is caused by development works it must be promptly repaired by the applicant at their expense. If any changes are proposed that would affect the surface in any way these must be approved, in advance, by the Rights of Way Section.

Throughout the period of development, the line of the footpaths must be indicated on site. If building works remove features that would enable users to find the footpath/bridleway the line of the footpath/bridleway must be clearly indicated by some other means, as this will help to minimise conflict and difficulties on site.

Thank you for consulting us about this proposal, if I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Fiona Plane

Rights of Way Officer

victor
Website Member

Website Member

16/04/2015 : 19:39:07      reply with quote

midway I think that because the P.P. says public footpath link, none of the conditions on public footpaths apply.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/04/2015 : 20:27:37      reply with quote

Thank you victor for your observation, do you agree with me the path in this picture is safe to use?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

16/04/2015 : 22:06:00      reply with quote

Yes midway it is, could it be our favourite builder being a prat again, just like when they used a digger on the roots of the Oak tree and then covered the damage up with topsoil.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/04/2015 : 22:49:25      reply with quote

Thank you victor. the next set of pictures shows the houses on the left are now occupied, these residents can now come and go as they wish, no problem with access at any time. the statement closed on health and safety grounds does not wash with me.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/04/2015 : 23:11:02      reply with quote

Oooo and yes did anybody spot PRIVATE ROADS.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2015 : 09:11:05      reply with quote

solid wood flooring

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2015 : 09:58:02      reply with quote

posted by midway
Oooo and yes did anybody spot PRIVATE ROADS.

No, the only thing I can see is PRIVATE DRIVES

midway
Website Member

Website Member

19/04/2015 : 12:50:52      reply with quote

Well spotted tetleydrinker, yes it is a private drive not a private road. so that's a private drive to access all those houses ( looks like a recipe for future disputes ) and yes i have spoken to the building company can i quote " we don't just want anybody to be using the footpath". I have come to the conclusion the residents are insisting on their private use entitlement, with a detriment to any other user.

Candy
Website Member

Website Member

02/05/2015 : 21:41:13      reply with quote

I think it's an ash tree

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

02/05/2015 : 22:16:17      reply with quote

posted by Candy
I think it's an ash tree
It is not an Ash tree Candy it definetly an oak tree happy :)happy :)happy :)

midway
Website Member

Website Member

02/05/2015 : 22:56:33      reply with quote

Oy up bit of a dispute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=373VayTmJ-w

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2015 : 13:08:01      reply with quote

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2015 : 15:40:19      reply with quote

The picture below was taken just before the Town Hall was refurbished. It is part of the official Silsden Parish footpath map which lived in the council chambers just behind the door.

There is no official footpath between Middleway and Banklands Lane.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2015 : 17:29:25      reply with quote

Naa!! Don't take any notice of that Peter, it's just an old bit of tat, it was used to hide a damp patch on the wall.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/05/2015 : 17:41:15      reply with quote

posted by midway
Naa!! Don't take any notice of that Peter, it's just an old bit of tat, it was used to hide a damp patch on the wall.
Then try this:

maps.bradford.gov.uk/LocalViewext/Sites/CROWPublic/

... and you won't get much joy from that either.

micky
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 11:50:25      reply with quote

Its been a while now, any news about when the footpath might be opened? It's going to be a great mud free short cut.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 15:45:04      reply with quote

keep your wellies handy, it's not due to be finished until march 2016

midway
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2015 : 13:53:42      reply with quote

Thought you might like to see how the tree is. any update on the application to have it cut down?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2015 : 14:05:47      reply with quote

it looks nice and healthy, lets hope it stays that way

victor
Website Member

Website Member

09/06/2015 : 19:09:32      reply with quote

Midway I can't say too much I might get more totally inaccurate hate mail again, but when I see anything happening on there drive I will let you know.

Replies in this thread : 34

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Daisy hill to Banklands foot path.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to