Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Deer

Replies in this thread : 20

Author

Topic : Deer

Living
Website Member

Website Member

17/04/2015 : 17:11:58      reply with quote

Why do people have to kill animals.It seems as though the 3 deer which have been near the canal in Silsden. have now been shot.What a shame that person cannot enjoy something that is alive
click for more information

thanet
Website Member

Website Member

17/04/2015 : 17:22:36      reply with quote

thats is horrid what ever did the deer do to deserve that

roosterman
Website Member

Website Member

17/04/2015 : 20:16:51      reply with quote

what makes you say they have been shot? just because they are no longer there doesnt mean they have been shot, maybe away into a wood or higher ground to give birth, never presume until u know for sure

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

17/04/2015 : 21:10:22      reply with quote

posted by roosterman
what makes you say they have been shot? just because they are no longer there doesnt mean they have been shot, maybe away into a wood or higher ground to give birth, never presume until u know for sure
Spot on Roosterman. It is the cute and cuddly ideology again. These people do not understand the habits/seasonal changes of 90% of wildlife and their habitats.

Living
Website Member

Website Member

17/04/2015 : 21:45:36      reply with quote

I suppose the bloke in the woods with the shotgun was protecting themm

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

17/04/2015 : 22:29:47      reply with quote

"living" if this is true it is outrageous, do you have proof? and when was this

BubbyVee
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2015 : 07:09:38      reply with quote

I have it on good authority (landowner) that they regularly shoot deer on Draughton Moor because the deer eat the trees and plants!!

roosterman
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2015 : 07:24:37      reply with quote

bubbyvee, if they are shooting them on the moor i dont think its because the deer are eating the trees or plants more a case of they killing them to eat,if this isnt the case a farmer would put protection of fencing up towards the trees so that the deers cant get to the trees, but if he/she is shooting them its to be hoped they have a game licence to do so weather they are the landowner or not

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

18/04/2015 : 09:57:42      reply with quote

Game licenses are not required now. If anyone uses a shotgun to shoot deer, unless it is for humane despatch or a single projectile (illegal in this country) they are breaking the law, as there is a risk that the deer will not be killed outright. Deer hunting is a whole different kettle of fish to rabbit shooting. The Forestry Commission require hunters to be trained to DSC level 2, which taken with level 1, is about 800 to take. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the law requires an unaccompanied hunter to have level 1. This is for private land and is the basic training, covering health & safety, ballistics, ability of shot, signs of disease in the carcass, etc.

I very much doubt that joe Bloggs doing a bit of walked up rabbit shooting is going to have taken the months of effort and expense, have the insurance, to then go out and take a pot shot at a roe or Sika deer and risk his/her licence.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

23/04/2015 : 11:47:08      reply with quote

any more news on this? was there anything in it or was someone just making mischief? its frustrating when people raise an issue and then you never hear from them again

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

23/04/2015 : 16:50:29      reply with quote

If it's any help, I walked along the river on Saturday morning and I passed 3 deer. Obviously it could be other deer but if it is then the population is fine down there

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

05/05/2015 : 09:38:41      reply with quote

I received two emails about a dead deer on the side of the road probably killed by poachers. It's likely the deer was killed somewhere else and they were disturbed while skinning the animal, it was then dumped at the side of the road. If you saw something suspicious then please inform the police / RSPCA.

Email received: 03 May 2015 20:55
One dead deer seen at side of Hainsworth road this morn almost at the junction with Brunthwaite Bridge Lane.
Looked like it had been thrown their, possibly by poachers! It had its throat cut and stomach cut apart and has orange cord tied to its leg. Was also wrapped in a green sheet, but left exposed. Looked relatively fresh.

Email received: 03 May 2015 10:54
Young roe deer throat slit and started to be skinned at side of road, obviously the people been disturbed. In the grass verge leading to brunthwaite bridge from hainsworth lane

Below, I have NOT made this picture visible, it is not a Bambi picture, so if you click YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/IMG_0053.jpg

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/05/2015 : 09:52:49      reply with quote

How shocking, how could anyone do this its barbaric! I know what I would do if I caught anyone!! presume rspca have been notified, will they take the body away? I don't know what is happening to people why are they so cruel.Feeling very angry!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/05/2015 : 19:37:50      reply with quote

peter, any update on this please?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

05/05/2015 : 20:27:55      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
peter, any update on this please?
As far as I know it was reported to the police on Sunday morning.

I'm only the messenger.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/05/2015 : 22:51:18      reply with quote

thank you peter I hope someone gets gets caught, this sort of behaviour is not on.suprised no one else has bothered to comment on it though

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2015 : 13:05:34      reply with quote

Does this story seem familiar?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-32749869

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2015 : 16:18:23      reply with quote

disgusting!! have you heard anything more about the silsden incident peter?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

15/05/2015 : 16:54:15      reply with quote

There was a reason for me posting the BBC story link and saying it was familiar.

wildlifeman
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2015 : 19:00:33      reply with quote

Poaching and barbaric treatment of wildlife is all too common, any known incidents around our home area should be reported to the local Police Wildlife Officer...

Bradford District

PC 4931 Richard Oddy...I will supply a mobile number later.

Sorry for not replying sooner, very busy and away from home at the moment.
If the police are not informed they cannot build up knowledge and case files of these despicable acts.

There used to loads of hares around the moors, now only a few remain and it is not due to global warming!

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

17/05/2015 : 19:06:28      reply with quote

when i came to silsden in 1970 there were hares running round in the field where aldi ishappy :)happy :)happy :) but ndont even see them on the lowlands at all nowsad :(sad :(sad :(
solid wood flooring

Replies in this thread : 20

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Deer