Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Library

Replies in this thread : 4

Author

Topic : Library

Otherworld
Website Member

Website Member

21/04/2015 : 20:42:57      reply with quote

If you value the library as a community asset, please use it as much as possible. Today when I asked for how long the number of users will continue to be counted , I was told that it was "just for their statistics - it won't close, but it might become volunteers." Perhaps I am just cynical in my old age.....
click for more information

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

22/04/2015 : 01:24:04      reply with quote

At the risk of sounding tedious, I will not set foot in the former town hall again. The library is about as much use as s chocolate fire guard in a firestorm. Silsden is losing assets hand over fist.

Otherworld
Website Member

Website Member

22/04/2015 : 09:53:20      reply with quote

Gamekeeper, I respect your views and the library is cramped and overcrowded when more than 2 people are trying to look for books.On a positive note, the reservation system usually works well, so what we have now is better than nothing: there are many people, especially the elderly and children, who would find it difficult to get to Keighley or Ilkley.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

22/04/2015 : 15:30:30      reply with quote

I fully agree. Unfortunately, it is the principle. We could go into the old library, which was open most days, all day and have immediate access to a good selection of books and literature. We had a good source of reference materials and a dedicated, helpful team of staff. Bradford, as ever, failed to maintain the buildings, and robbed us of a valuable asset. This will NEVER be replaced. In a growing population, this is scandalous.

daisy
Website Member

Website Member

22/04/2015 : 15:58:09      reply with quote

The library in the Town Hall does not work for me. There is no evening opening so it is difficult to use if you work. It is cramped and difficult to find a book. It seems crowded even when there are just the staff and one or two customers! The best way is to choose what you want to read online and then pick it up, but you miss the joy of discovering a new book.

Replies in this thread : 4

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Library