Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Hey Dodzi car boot sale

Replies in this thread : 29

Author

Topic : Hey Dodzi car boot sale

Floyd
Website Member

Website Member

26/04/2015 : 09:38:00      reply with quote

Just been to Steeton and cars were parked all the way down kly road when it is free parking inside ,have a moan and ask why they havnt gone inside ,by the way there is a junior football match on and cars were parked in the ground and Belton road with a marshal by the gates informing them where to park
click for more information

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

26/04/2015 : 20:17:19      reply with quote

posted by Floyd
,by the way there is a junior football match on and cars were parked in the ground and Belton road with a marshal by the gates informing them where to park
Well, there`s a refreshing change,the mention of, Silsden AFC, Sunday Football, Parking, and Praise, all in one sentence. happy :)

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 12:51:08      reply with quote

Seem to remember that saturday afternoon was particularly daft round a certain facility when a car boot wasn't on.......mmmmmmmm

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 12:51:21      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Seem to remember that saturday afternoon was particularly daft round a certain facility when a car boot wasn't on.......mmmmmmmm. Cards backing onto the bypass and a police van stuck in the middle. I'm sorry I don't care who organises events down there but it is the organisers responsibility to sort it out!

Floyd
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 14:44:19      reply with quote

Well folks get ready for his moaning next week when they stop traffic outside his house for a couple of hours when the cycle race comes past and this for them that don't pay any roads tax ear plugs at the ready lol

BubbyVee
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 14:52:48      reply with quote

Just heard that the Tour of Britain cycle race is due to come through Silsden later in year!!!!!

Fantastic. Bring it on! Anything that gets people out in the streets and away from their TVs!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 14:56:06      reply with quote

posted by BubbyVee
Just heard that the Tour of Britain cycle race is due to come through Silsden later in year!!!!!

Fantastic. Bring it on! Anything that gets people out in the streets and away from their TVs!
IT'S ON SUNDAY and it's the Tour de Yorkshire

tdy.granddeparty.org.uk

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 15:15:41      reply with quote

I think BubbyVee is talking about the Tour of Britain which on Sept 7th is doing a stage from Clitheroe to Colne that looks like it comes our way - although i can't find a detailed map of it.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 15:30:04      reply with quote

Colne is as close as it gets.

Marrywell
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 15:34:23      reply with quote

Just beat me to it Peter!

BubbyVee
Website Member

Website Member

28/04/2015 : 15:51:28      reply with quote

Another great day out then. Not quite coming through Silsden but Earby and Barlick!!

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2015 : 20:09:12      reply with quote

posted by Floyd
Well folks get ready for his moaning next week when they stop traffic outside his house for a couple of hours when the cycle race comes past and this for them that don't pay any roads tax ear plugs at the ready lol

I seem to think that they will have organised this right and won't have put anyone at risk just cos they like to kick a pigs bladder round a field. Its not the fact that something is on - its the fact that the organisers just seem to say - we its not our problem.....

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/04/2015 : 22:35:37      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
posted by Floyd

I seem to think that they will have organised this right and won't have put anyone at risk just cos they like to kick a pigs bladder round a field. Its not the fact that something is on - its the fact that the organisers just seem to say - we its not our problem.....
I think you are part of the local bike club.Whats you view on events that say take over a supermarket car park with bikes parked everywhere instead of just in parking bays even taking over bays reserved for disabled drivers/passengers.
Not saying it shouldnt happen, its a good cause but sometimes.................

www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=7330#.VUFNOJM6hF8

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 05:46:09      reply with quote

The Sewer Rats Easter Egg Run took place on Easter Sunday, a day when the Coop does not open. So will not have affected shoppers even disabled one bit.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 07:15:02      reply with quote

posted by tetleydrinker
The Sewer Rats Easter Egg Run took place on Easter Sunday, a day when the Coop does not open. So will not have affected shoppers even disabled one bit.

Fair point about the co-op but still parked anywhere and everywhere and the pictures show children and prams

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 07:43:01      reply with quote

The event was extremely well marshalled and many of my pictures were taken using a zoom lens which brings subjects closer together.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 07:48:50      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
posted by tetleydrinker

Fair point about the co-op but still parked anywhere and everywhere and the pictures show children and prams
the coop was shut does it matter how they parked get a lifelaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 07:49:34      reply with quote

Im sure it was Peter but putting kids in amongst vehicles is the same as parking at football. People need a certain amount of live and let live or we will end up with a nanny state and nobody will be able to do anything out of routine.,
I know Dodzi does not like kicking a pigs bladder around a field as he never took part in games lessons at school. If he feels so strongly about it then volunteer to help the club.

www.theguardian.com/society/2011/may/21/children-weaker-computers-replace-activity

www.enjoy-a-ball.com/news_item.php?wnID=7195

news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/parent/hi/kick_start/benefits_of_sport/default.stm

There is a lot more to sport than playing computers and to just label it as kicking a pigs bladder about just shows ignorance

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 08:19:28      reply with quote

I'm not sure what this topic is all about, am I the only one or can someone enlighten me.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 08:27:28      reply with quote

posted by Peter
I'm not sure what this topic is all about, am I the only one or can someone enlighten me.
I think it started as parking and ended as a protest against the use of pigs bladders for recreation.Maybe time to close the thread

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 10:12:46      reply with quote

THIS IS A GENERAL COMMENT TO ALL POSTERS

Can you try to restrict embedded comments to just one tier.

Quotes within quotes can get very confusing and makes the topic difficult to follow.

(This was just a convenient place to comment on this "feature" but it can be experienced on many of the posts)

Thanks, Peter happy :)

solid wood flooring

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 12:37:11      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
posted by Dodzi
posted by Floyd

I think you are part of the local bike club.Whats you view on events that say take over a supermarket car park with bikes parked everywhere instead of just in parking bays even taking over bays reserved for disabled drivers/passengers.
Not saying it shouldnt happen, its a good cause but sometimes.................

I'm not a member of the Sewer Rats - however since the event happens on the only day that the co-op is closed and is used with permission of the co-op....its not affecting anyone, and .... its organised right. Just saying like......

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 13:56:06      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi

I'm not a member of the Sewer Rats -

A helpful tip...someone on the Sewer Rats facebook page is pretending to be you.

This is not about the Sewer Rats its about parking.Coming up this summer is the bike race and the gala...live and let live!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 14:19:23      reply with quote

posted by Peter

THIS IS A GENERAL COMMENT TO ALL POSTERS

Can you try to restrict embedded comments to just one tier.

Quotes within quotes can get very confusing and makes the topic difficult to follow.

(This was just a convenient place to comment on this "feature" but it can be experienced on many of the posts)

Thanks, Peter happy :)

Well Dodzi, I see you need to go to specsavers sad :( In your last post you managed to post 3 quotes and lost your reply within the mess of a post.... sigh!

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

30/04/2015 : 22:49:44      reply with quote

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

1) If the site wasn't based on software thats over 10 years old it might be a bit easier to use.

2)I might be a member of the facebook grouo - but only to get info. I left the club in 2001 if you must know. You need to get your facts right. And as usual its gone off topic which was about parking - and the problems it causes.

3) The whole thread was aimed at having a dig at me -and the fact that someone else caused traffic problems

4) The gala and the bike race will be properly marshalled - unlike the bad parking from both the sports club and any event which seems to go off in the old gala field.

But then its not your fault after all....

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2015 : 07:50:47      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
1)
4) The gala and the bike race will be properly marshalled - unlike the bad parking from both the sports club and any event which seems to go off in the old gala field.

But then its not your fault after all....
You can only compare like for like and not once a year events that close roads off completely.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2015 : 08:45:12      reply with quote

by which you mean causing traffic issues on a regular basis is ok? Sorry my bad....

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2015 : 09:47:00      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
by which you mean causing traffic issues on a regular basis is ok? Sorry my bad....
Dont follow but wouldnt want to suggest closing Keighley Road everytime an event takes place and I wouldnt suggest this either

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-council-ask-residents-pay-7894670

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

01/05/2015 : 23:03:23      reply with quote

Yeah of course...

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/05/2015 : 08:49:14      reply with quote

posted by Dodzi
1) the bike race will be properly marshalled - unlike the bad parking from both the sports club and any event which seems to go off in the old gala field.

Lots of professional planning yet 3 cars were parked partly on the pavement across from the Kings Arms and affected the riders even getting a specific mention on the TV coverage. So its not just the Sports Club at fault, its people!!

Replies in this thread : 29

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Hey Dodzi car boot sale  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to