Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > ANNUALTOWN MEETING - Tonight , Tues 26 May @7.30pm

Replies in this thread : 35

Author

Topic : ANNUALTOWN MEETING - Tonight , Tues 26 May @7.30pm

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/05/2015 : 11:32:19      reply with quote

click for more information

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 14:52:15      reply with quote

Ah bugger!!!!!! I must have missed this yesterday. Any news/updates?

tetleydrinker
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 15:20:44      reply with quote

Where else was this advertised ?

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 15:38:07      reply with quote

posted by tetleydrinker
Don't know. I'm not knocking Peter, but at lunch time the day of the event is a tad short on notice.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 17:05:08      reply with quote

posted by tetleydrinker
Sorry about the late notice. I found out about it on Thursday at the STC meeting and received the poster info on Friday evening. It was a Bank Holiday weekend so didn't get around to sorting it out until Tues morning.

I believe there was a poster on the Town Hall notice board, and might have been in a few other places (put up last week).

Shows how much we all look at the Town Hall notice board.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 17:54:59      reply with quote

posted by Peter
posted by tetleydrinker
Sorry about the late notice. I found out about it on Thursday at the STC meeting and received the poster info on Friday evening. It was a Bank Holiday weekend so didn't get around to sorting it out until Tues morning.

I believe there was a poster on the Town Hall notice board, and might have been in a few other places (put up last week).

Shows how much we all look at the Town Hall notice board.
Surprised anyone can see anything in that through the grime. Has anyone noticed the state of the windows recently?

phill
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 18:37:04      reply with quote

So a post about the annual town meeting slowly turns into "lets slag the town hall off again". Please change the record, and not the subject !!!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 20:37:01      reply with quote

I close my eyes when I walk past so none of the paint flaking off ends up in them

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

27/05/2015 : 22:52:53      reply with quote

posted by phill
So a post about the annual town meeting slowly turns into "lets slag the town hall off again". Please change the record, and not the subject !!!!
The windows of the Town Hall are VERY dirty, perhaps Bradford spent so much money on the refurbishment that they can't afford to hire a window cleaner?

hat
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 07:55:02      reply with quote

not sure how they can call it an annual town meeting when there's practically no effort made to engage and let the people of the town know in advance that:
a) there is a meeting
b) what will be discussed
c) how they can participate

not having a go at Peter here or this site but this is hardly the most visible method of communicating with people. I don't expect a hand written invite through every door but some attempt to engage would be nice

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 12:36:39      reply with quote

I've got to say I have to agree with that even letting people know the week before is not really a lot of notice.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 12:50:24      reply with quote

Thank you Peter I saw your post about the meeting, and if there had been another ten of us we would have had to stand in the car park.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 13:24:52      reply with quote

posted by hat
not sure how they can call it an annual town meeting when there's practically no effort made to engage and let the people of the town know in advance that:
a) there is a meeting
b) what will be discussed
c) how they can participate

I have to agree with you. I missed the meeting last year because there was no notice.

The meeting is not part of the STC meeting schedule and I'm not sure what it was supposed to achieve. Many of the people there knew about it because they attended the STC meeting on 21 May. The room was small but adequate for the number of people that attended.

I came away from the meeting thinking it all could have been put into a newsletter which would have reached a wider audience. Being an annual meeting the minutes were from the meeting held last year and the statement was about achievements over the past year and future plans for the coming year.

One point to note, the precept covered all the expenditure and there was some money left over (as it should be).

silsden gala
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 13:51:16      reply with quote

Posters with agenda were put out around town end of week befor last,Co op,PO, town hall/library,same as last year. No one turned up to last years and looking through previous meetings minutes the town meeting is not often well attended by public.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 14:56:52      reply with quote

Peter correct me if I am wrong, I think it was said that this year there was a surplus of 16000 mainly due to the increase in the precept two years ago. At the time it was said that the precept increase was to cover the cost of any possible council elections, this money has now been put to one side to cover any expense. Also it was said that Brad met were in talks to buy more land next to the land it has earmarked for a new school. The problem I have about a newsletter is that you can't ask a newsletter any questions.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 16:24:26      reply with quote

Money has been put aside to cover the likelihood of an election.

That aside, Silsden now employs a lengthsman to keep Silsden tidy and there have been grants to good causes. I thought the difference between expenditure and income was about a 6K surplus. I wasn't listening that closely, I was more interested in the word surplus than the actual amount.

The precept actually went down slightly this year, so perhaps STC are doing something right.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 19:57:49      reply with quote

Peter I think it was 16000 surplus, the lengthsman cost was 3000. The money put to one side 15000 for any election and 3000 for any by-election has now been raised. It was a shame that no-one could tell us how much money the council had in the bank, it has to be a tidy sum 16000 surplus this year 18000 for elections 25000 police money and who knows how much more.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 21:09:06      reply with quote

Town Councils have to produce Accounts by law, and publish them, so this information should be known?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 21:12:17      reply with quote

Sigh!

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 21:18:12      reply with quote

posted by Peter
Sigh!
Eh?

victor
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 21:54:23      reply with quote

what's up Peter, don't you want the public to know about the money chest.
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 22:06:33      reply with quote

Sigh, rather than starting a conspiracy theory I suggest you email the Town Clerk and report back

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

28/05/2015 : 22:38:33      reply with quote

posted by victor
Peter I think it was 16000 surplus, the lengthsman cost was 3000. The money put to one side 15000 for any election and 3000 for any by-election has now been raised. It was a shame that no-one could tell us how much money the council had in the bank, it has to be a tidy sum 16000 surplus this year 18000 for elections 25000 police money and who knows how much more.
Perhaps Gordon Brown should have adopted the TC model..fix the roof while the sun shines!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 09:53:10      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

gazer Gordon Brown did not put up the basic rate of income tax, Silsden TC put up the precept to pay for any council elections in the future. The extra money 18000 has been put to one side, so what is the extra precept money for now. All people want is transparency. Peter I have asked for the full financial position of the T.C., as you know when I asked at the meeting " how much was in the bank" no-one was able to tell me.

HB
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 10:23:34      reply with quote

So can we spend some of this money on the flower beds( like around the nail) now Bradford council are stopping planting them up?
List try to keep Silsden looking nice

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 11:02:24      reply with quote

victor.. the annual accounts would have been signed off at the AGM recently, so what you are looking for should be available soon in the minutes.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 11:05:29      reply with quote

Dexter the clerk is on leave, so when I get them I will post them.

HB
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 11:34:34      reply with quote

So can we employ a Silsden town council gardener?

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 11:47:08      reply with quote

posted by HB
So can we employ a Silsden town council gardener?

Keep pushing HB, it's a good idea which a lot of locals would support. If Bradford stop doing the flower beds, we should do our own. Pride in the town is a good thing.

HB
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 11:51:24      reply with quote

Well they have/ about to stop them, ask skippy he would have been part of the council that agreed the budget that closed the nursery.
I feel it would be a shame if the town lost the lovely flower beds.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 17:41:30      reply with quote

In a similar vein to the previous post, are there any vacancies on the Town Council?

Councillors Maddie and James Jump have both moving to pastures new. Does this mean that there are two places on the council?

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 19:21:25      reply with quote

posted by GAMEKEEPER
In a similar vein to the previous post, are there any vacancies on the Town Council?

Councillors Maddie and James Jump have both moving to pastures new. Does this mean that there are two places on the council?
According to the Bradford Council website, there is 1 vacancy on STC.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 19:59:34      reply with quote

posted by victor
gazer Gordon Brown did not put up the basic rate of income tax, Silsden TC put up the precept to pay for any council elections in the future. The extra money 18000 has been put to one side, so what is the extra precept money for now. All people want is transparency. Peter I have asked for the full financial position of the T.C., as you know when I asked at the meeting " how much was in the bank" no-one was able to tell me.
Thinking more of Brown selling the nations gold cheap and blowing the money!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 20:19:32      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

gazer hindsight is a wonderful thing, when thatcher sold BT the next day the shares went up and up and up until they were worth 13 times more than the asking price. Whilst she was in power only twice did the government have a surplus at the end of the year. Sorry Peter off topic.

Shazza
Website Member

Website Member

29/05/2015 : 20:39:12      reply with quote

posted by victor
Also it was said that Brad met were in talks to buy more land next to the land it has earmarked for a new school. The problem I have about a newsletter is that you can't ask a newsletter any questions.
Did they say where this land was?

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

27/06/2015 : 10:42:20      reply with quote

posted by victor
Dexter the clerk is on leave, so when I get them I will post them.
victor... AGM minutes now available on this site, in usual place. Worth a read.

Replies in this thread : 35

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > ANNUALTOWN MEETING - Tonight , Tues 26 May @7.30pm  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to