Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > New Road (off Kirkgate) is one way?

Replies in this thread : 16

Author

Topic : New Road (off Kirkgate) is one way?

beenbusy
Website Member

Website Member

04/06/2015 : 14:57:21      reply with quote

Having witnessed yet another "law breaker" earlier today I thought it time to post something.
New Road - next to Twiggs and directly opposite Been Busy is one way off Kirkgate and is clearly shown by 2 one way signs.
However, I must witness almost daily cars coming DOWN this road and on to Kirkgate.
Just wondered how many people notice this and whether there is any history to explain why this is?
To my eyes sooner or later someone will be turning up the road (legally) and meet someone coming down (illegally).

Be interesting to get some views.
click for more information

hat
Website Member

Website Member

04/06/2015 : 15:17:27      reply with quote

it used to be one way all the way dwon but since the mill site got re-developed it's only one way past the entrance to those houses so people will be driving at least halfway down, seeing the exit is clear & chancing it to drive down to the bottom.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

04/06/2015 : 16:53:13      reply with quote

this subject been on here a couple of times and some are still doing it,but i thought the one way signs where near the top just after the turn on to tufton st.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

04/06/2015 : 19:28:01      reply with quote

Quite common this, last time I pointed it out to a driver going the wrong way I was ignored, and the driver just carried on...

Frankiegray1993
Website Member

Website Member

04/06/2015 : 19:28:31      reply with quote

I live at the new road end of Tufton street and see someone driving down and reversing back up at least once a day!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

05/06/2015 : 11:51:11      reply with quote

The No Entry signs are at the top of New road (Shed Side), just past the back Tufton St entrance.
Yes this has been going on for years, just another demonstration of how bad so many drivers are, I came face to face with one years ago when going up in my landrover, I refused to let him pass me, and made him back all the way to the entry into the new houses so he could turn round.

Dave
Website Member

Website Member

05/06/2015 : 11:59:25      reply with quote

I always look up New Road when I'm crossing, I nearly got run over by a takeaway delivery driver driving down there a few years ago (that takeaway doesn't exist now.)

beenbusy
Website Member

Website Member

05/06/2015 : 17:45:30      reply with quote

I didn't think it would be a new topic, but interesting to know any history behind it. 3 of us watched a car at lunch time today come down and turn right on to Kirkgate. We tried to politely suggest it was one way, but just ignored.
I guess the one thing missing is "No Entry" written across the road at the bottom.

My worry is it will be another issue that only really comes to light when a serious accident occurs.

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

05/06/2015 : 18:09:59      reply with quote

This behaviour is part of the growing trend among motorists, the rules don't apply to me. Anyone driving down Howden road is met on the blind corner by cars and vans Inthe Middle of the road because of vehicles parked half on half off the pavement despite the yellow line. In front of the blue houses there are chevrons and a dropped pavement, does anyone respect them. No. One motorist places traffic cones to guard " their space" when they take their car. There is a dropped pavement outside the hairdressers one the opposite corner, but the rules don't apply to "me". anyone with a pram or wheel chair is forces to walk in the road.

Sorry it's slightly awf topic Peter.

Cobydale
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 07:29:58      reply with quote

And I wonder if the BMW that parks at the top of the town in the disabled parking has a badge?
But as long as they are not challenged by the police we so regularly see around it will continue!!

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 08:11:06      reply with quote

might as well use it i do to pop into paper shop i hav`nt seen a disabled badged car in it for 4 years,while ive been passing.angry

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 08:23:47      reply with quote

Case at rest

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 15:17:14      reply with quote

You can blame a lot of this on the Tory cuts! There are not enough staff left to do the job, both in the Police force and at Bradford.

Grandparent
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 16:01:13      reply with quote

Have to disagree there, police cars go up and down Howden road, at least twice a year, they can't help but have noticed.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 16:25:00      reply with quote

posted by HurricaneHector
You can blame a lot of this on the Tory cuts! There are not enough staff left to do the job, both in the Police force and at Bradford.
Our friends at Bradford Council took on the parking enforcement roll from the police.Its self funded so unaffected by cuts. You will only see enforcement officers outside 9-5 in central Bradford when there is something on at the Alhambra.Lots of them!!
Once in Ilkley whilst working I had to close my side loading door so the officer to see if I was parked too far from the curb.
But areas like Silsden and Leeds Road in Bradford after 5 you can park anywhere!!

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 21:53:45      reply with quote

I have seen, on a number of occasions, vehicles coming down Briggate. I always look up that road when crossing at the bottom having nearly come to grieve more than once. Unbelievable!

beenbusy
Website Member

Website Member

06/06/2015 : 22:58:27      reply with quote

My post has gone into broader territory, but I can offer personal experience on local police "doing their job" on a Saturday evening a few weeks ago - well after 5pm. I was ticked off for parking for a few minutes and just overlapping into the chevrons near the zebra crossing.

Replies in this thread : 16

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > New Road (off Kirkgate) is one way?  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to