Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > HOUSING PROPOSALS

Replies in this thread : 18

Author

Topic : HOUSING PROPOSALS

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

18/06/2015 : 15:15:18      reply with quote

whats all this about a proposal for 175 houses to the south east of silsden? article in craven herald and Keighley news.Adrian Naylor and Andrew Mallinson have had a meeting with developers.Anybody know anything about this?
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

18/06/2015 : 17:31:58      reply with quote

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/13339459.print/

I think this is an idea to build houses on the flood plane below Belton Road.

There is a reason not to build on the flood plain but Bradford don't seem to know what it is.

blob
Website Member

Website Member

18/06/2015 : 18:18:31      reply with quote

It'll be ok if they look like this.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

19/06/2015 : 08:18:23      reply with quote

The leader of Bradford Council, Dave Green, promised live on Radio Leeds that no large scale housing would be BUILT in Silsden before the by-pass was sorted. Later on twitter he watered that down to no large scale housing would be OCCUPIED before the by-pass was built.
Politicians often wonder why the public do not trust them. Over to you Dave!!!

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 10:35:01      reply with quote

Here we go....! Letter arrived today with this link:-

www.homesforsilsden.co.uk/index.html

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 10:39:33      reply with quote

posted by dexter
Here we go....! Letter arrived today with this link:-

www.homesforsilsden.co.uk/index.html
Which is it?

"Our aim is to build beautiful homes that local people can afford and will aspire to live in."

Or

"New homes will help Silsden attract key workers, such as nurses and teachers, as well as professional couples and young families."

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 10:56:41      reply with quote

gazzer... could be both I suppose, as long as the ones with families realise that their younger children will be going to school at Riddlesden or Keighley..!

Or maybe the new school will be built by then?

Otherworld
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 11:51:30      reply with quote

At least they can learn to swim close to home.....

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 11:53:21      reply with quote

what a load of tosh!fur coat and no knickers springs to mind, it will never happen, you cannot build on a flood plain and they cannot afford to provide all the infrastructure that is needed

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 12:13:00      reply with quote

There is actually no flood risk according to the Environment Agency web map but the roads/sewers/schools need sorting before the houses are built.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 12:21:00      reply with quote

Needless to say, but Andrew MALLINSON, Craven ward councillor, who is ever eager to "represent" Silsden, is at the forefront of this hare brained idea.

Seriously considering selling up, before these plans are forced through and these houses are thrown up, like the rest of the disposable rabbit hutches in Silsden.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 12:55:04      reply with quote

I see they have set strips on Keighley Road to research taffic, no doubt for this development. Bet they use the figures produced when the schools are on holiday.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 15:22:53      reply with quote

great more houses to ease the shortage ,the more we breed the more houses we will need,superbhappy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 16:51:37      reply with quote

Just opened my post and have a letter from the developers asking me what I think of new plans for this site..

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 18:01:02      reply with quote

https://www.google.co.uk/#safe=active&q=www.homesforsilsden.co.uk

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 18:31:29      reply with quote

How times change. In 2005 this land and the Sykes Lane area were marked up as land for employment. Now with housing proposed they will just create traffic. No new jobs in Silsden, it is/has become a commuter town without the infrastructure to cope with all the new houses and people. The Inspectors Report of 2005 recommended no new houses should be built in Silsden without a bypass being built first.

The developers are nibbling away at the edges and Bradford have no intention of paying for the real expensive capital projects that are required to make any of their plans viable.

That is if you can call any new housing in Silsden viable and sustainable if you have to commute miles to and from work everyday.

The 2005 plans as part of the UDP
silsden.net/udp/silsdenudpmap-small.htm

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 12:42:45      reply with quote

I also got their letter, I went on line and told them where to stick there houses!
Lets hope everybody else in Silsden tell them the same.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 19:17:35      reply with quote

I emailed them yesterday and told them the same. I included a few links to previous newspaper articles to back my case up. Doubt it will make any difference though. Bradfords' stooge has decreed that "we" need more housing, so a few brown packets will be passes and we will have another 2500 houses by 2030.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2015 : 08:52:44      reply with quote

We need new houses because enough have not been built. A consequence of too few houses is that those in place are excessively over valued. Build loads of new houses and the value of all our houses will fall. Now no government wants to be accused of costing voters thousands of pounds! Throw in the NIMBY problem and there is a perfect storm situation. Enhanced by the inability of government to build social (PKA council) housing.

Bradford, like every other local authority is a victim of governments pandering to voters desire not to pay proper taxes. We are all responsible for the present situation. Like every 'free lunch' it is an unsustainable situation. Unless the pain is shared out fairly something will have to give.

Replies in this thread : 18

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > HOUSING PROPOSALS  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to