Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Road works

Replies in this thread : 22

Author

Topic : Road works

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

21/06/2015 : 18:34:26      reply with quote

Road works today outside Grouse and on Glogg Bridge, very little disruption to traffic, just shows Sunday best day to do this work..
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

21/06/2015 : 18:55:06      reply with quote

It shows Yorkshire Water how roadworks should be done...none of this traffic lights for five days rubbish!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

22/06/2015 : 08:39:02      reply with quote

Wheelaman123 did you mean Clog bridge at the bottom of Howden road.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

22/06/2015 : 09:27:12      reply with quote

Yes, slip of the finger again..

victor
Website Member

Website Member

22/06/2015 : 09:45:39      reply with quote

Thanks wheelaman123 I do it all the time.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

22/06/2015 : 10:05:31      reply with quote

The work on Clog Bridge is for BT but the sub contractors are Morrison, the used by Yorkshire Water so the 5 day minimum upheaval plans must come from Yorkshire Water

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 09:17:53      reply with quote

Keighley Road is down to one lane just over the canal bridge and down to the petrol station. Don't know how lengthy the traffic queues are as I haven't been out but I imagine they are typically lengthy. I suggest avoiding the area.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 11:03:53      reply with quote

The Keighley Road traffic lights are not too bad to get though, just a slight delay. It looks like it's for gas for the Pennine Playground development site. The work is being made much more difficult by all the parked cars along the road outside the site. You would have thought the roadworks people would have let the residents know about the work beforehand.

I wonder where all those cars are going to park when they put double yellow lines there ... as the planning permission requires.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 12:52:16      reply with quote

Peter I think they are providing some offroad parking within the Playgrounds site for local residents.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 15:35:32      reply with quote

Best avoided now... a big queue

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 16:10:42      reply with quote

Looks like it is going to be a repeat of the recent bank-holiday situation.

They finished digging their half a trench before around lunchtime and cleared off, leaving the lights. Those interested might note that they are back next weekend to dig another half a trench to reach the other side of the road.

They are laying a pipe in which to insert electricity cables.

They actually blocked more than half the carriageway this morning, which gave buses and vehicles wider than transit size no alternative but to run the length of the lights with one wheel on the pavement. Quite risky given that drivers exiting the small side roads have to poke the nose of their cars out at least level with Keighley Road in order to be able to see up and down it.

The large gap between the pair of new houses alongside Keighley Road and the next block further into the estate is supposedly to provide parking for some of those houses above the entrance and on the same side of Keighley Road, whose cars currently park within the sight splay lines of the exit from the site, hence, presumably, the yellow lines to the south of the exit.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 16:52:00      reply with quote

Those lights could be taken down now, and traffic would flow OK. What is going on.. surely not a week more of this? Can no one do anything about it?

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 17:35:10      reply with quote

They have just taken the lights down again. They were finished with the hole by early afternoon then disapeared.

Though there was supposed to be parking for some of the Keighley Road residents on that site whether it happens in reality remains to be seen. But i am sure residents with houses their will utilise it.

Some warning of the works might have been nice and i could have moved vehicle instead of it being effectively coralled on all sides in by their vans before I realised what was going on. All i can say its a good job i wasn't on-call this morning or called into work.

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

05/08/2015 : 16:19:07      reply with quote

Message for Hermione Fraggle reference your post 02/08/2015 : 17:35:10 on this thread.

Per your comment about the parking/no parking issue in the Pennine Playgrounds development, please note that I have filed a comment in the BMDC planning application for 15/02772/FUL.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

05/08/2015 : 18:54:00      reply with quote

Does make you wonder how developers change things from original applications, and get away with it...! Well spotted. Let's see what happens. Would not be surprised that the revised application has smuggled the changes in, to the detriment of the local residents. Where are they going to park?

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2015 : 08:44:24      reply with quote

I cannot fully recall the orginal planning application but I am fairly sure the positions of the buildings are not the same. I alwayts thought that allocating a parking space for residents of Keighley Road would be the first thing left out. Fortunately I am moving house in the next few weeks but it will cause substantial problems for the residents who are already there as I have heard that they will may be putting doule yellows outisde the houses.

Unfortunately very few people are lucky enough to work somewhere which is easily accessible by foot or public trasnport (or like in my case I do not work hours where I can use public transport) so cars are often a a neccessary evil.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2015 : 09:23:27      reply with quote

This is the planning reference 15/02772/FUL

... but all the documents seem to be unavailable... !

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2015 : 10:46:25      reply with quote

Peter,
The docs appear to be in place. Also see my earlier post for the original planning application (which presumably is the current approved application).
Let me know if you can't get them and I can email them to you.

Additionally, there is a strong letter from the Conservation department, penned by Jon Ackroyd, Conservation Officer which is filed as a document under 15/02772/FUL which refers to changes between the approved and current applied for versions, which is well worth a read. It is said that the pair of houses fronting Keighley Road are having to have all their windows changed to wooden sash windows and it could be that other houses on the estate have been instructed likewise.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2015 : 17:31:07      reply with quote

posted by Peter
This is the planning reference 15/02772/FUL

... but all the documents seem to be unavailable... !

The fact I couldn't see the documents at the time could well be my system. Bradford use short term cookies which is also the reason copied document addresses don't work after your session has timed out.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2015 : 17:42:26      reply with quote

Going back to "road works", will there be any again this weekend, anybody know?

Pennypeck
Website Member

Website Member

07/08/2015 : 18:23:25      reply with quote

One of the gang digging the "half a trench" last weekend said they were digging the other half this weekend. That means they will be working on the west side of Keighley Road, right outside the entrance to the former Pennine Playgrounds site. Unless they have done a better job of informing those with cars that park on the east side of Keighley Road it could make the situation rather more interesting than last week.
solid wood flooring

hermione fraggle
Website Member

Website Member

08/08/2015 : 05:53:48      reply with quote

Still not so much a note through the lettebox saying we need to move any vehicles.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

12/08/2015 : 08:48:47      reply with quote

Traffic lights going up outside St James Church and bottom of Bolton Road this morning... something afoot......

Replies in this thread : 22

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Road works  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to