Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Alternative Silsden Website

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 21

Author

Topic : Alternative Silsden Website

poononga1
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 09:20:13      reply with quote

There is a new Silsden website on the Web, which will be promoting everything good about Silsden.
Please feel free to take part.
silsdenbuzz.co.uk
click for more information

MBR
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 09:45:50      reply with quote

if its a more positive site - which allows or accepts 'other' users voices and opinions with out the usual vitriol and sometimes bullying retorts from some of the small minded and continually complaining users who think this site is exclusivity there's - then count me in .

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 10:02:51      reply with quote

posted by MBR
if its a more positive site - which allows or accepts 'other' users voices and opinions with out the usual vitriol and sometimes bullying retorts from some of the small minded and continually complaining users who think this site is exclusivity there's - then count me in .
As long as a local councillor does not use it to attack people!!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 13:57:36      reply with quote

Is it another old photos site like those on Facebook or is the old photo of the Town Hall just to see if someone spots it?

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 19:46:55      reply with quote

MBR well said that man.

poononga1
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 21:31:43      reply with quote

The people who are running it are focused on Promoting the good stuff about the town, they will be updating things regularly but over the next week months will be making the site more active for users to participate.
Gazzer, the pic on the front is a bit make shift while the web designer gets his teeth into it.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 22:08:36      reply with quote

posted by poononga1
The people who are running it are focused on Promoting the good stuff about the town, they will be updating things regularly but over the next week months will be making the site more active for users to participate.
Gazzer, the pic on the front is a bit make shift while the web designer gets his teeth into it.

Be careful the anti Town Council keyboard warriors are jumping with joy and as I understand someone has said you will be responsible for posting comments.
Good luck

poononga1
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 22:16:41      reply with quote

I won't be responsible for anything

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 22:26:03      reply with quote

posted by poononga1
I won't be responsible for anything
The site owners would be.

The owners of Blackpool Football Club are suing a web forum for libel in the latest of a series of actions against fans making derogatory comments online.

Owen and Karl Oyston are seeking 150,000 damages from the Back Henry Street website.

Papers were served on Thursday over six alleged defamatory comments which were made in 2014.

A club spokesman confirmed the legal action but said it would not be commenting further.

A notice published on the fans' website stated: "To clear up any rumours, on Thursday 5 February 2015, Back Henry Street was served papers from the court, relating to the Oystons' and Blackpool Football Club's intent to seek damages for six allegedly defamatory comments made on the site in 2014, limited collectively at 150,000.

poononga1
Website Member

Website Member

04/07/2015 : 23:18:35      reply with quote

Lol I think that the site will be properly policed. But I don't own the site and I think most of the users will have good common sense to realise they are responsible for their posts.
Maybe a header stating users responsibility might be a good adea?

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2015 : 10:27:24      reply with quote

may just be better not to waist any more time and money on this new white elephant it is a poor quality ameture site laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2015 : 10:32:56      reply with quote

Give it time hillbilly.... Microsoft started in a garage remember...

ilyama
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2015 : 11:43:51      reply with quote

Unfortunately this post has proved the case for the other website... It is trying to promote the GOOD stuff about Silsden (for there is plenty) and, sadly, this site now only seems to serve to slag stuff off. Let's give it a chance ?

In terms of design, I think it's nice, fresh, simple and more modern.

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2015 : 15:34:38      reply with quote

Sad but not unexpected gazzer and hillbilly are already in aggressive,hostile mode about the new Silsden website. They (and 3 or 4 others) are very good, community minded and highly valued blokes. But they don't see that proper consultation and different opinions on local matters (like the flood defences) are appropriate and not just "STC attacks".

The constant hostility/accusations about "Brad Met" and two elected Cllrs is very unlikely to help deliver any resources in these straightened times. Constant replies saying people should get off their bums and stand for the STC or attend meetings to find out what's happening can only make things worse. I know. I went to one.

PS I didn't vote for any of our Bradford Cllrs, But still strongly recommend working WITH them for the sake of local futures.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2015 : 18:06:41      reply with quote

posted by paperclip
Sad but not unexpected gazzer and hillbilly are already in aggressive,hostile mode about the new Silsden website. They (and 3 or 4 others) are very good, community minded and highly valued blokes. But they don't see that proper consultation and different opinions on local matters (like the flood defences) are appropriate and not just "STC attacks".

The constant hostility/accusations about "Brad Met" and two elected Cllrs is very unlikely to help deliver any resources in these straightened times. Constant replies saying people should get off their bums and stand for the STC or attend meetings to find out what's happening can only make things worse. I know. I went to one.

PS I didn't vote for any of our Bradford Cllrs, But still strongly recommend working WITH them for the sake of local futures.
Objection. I am not hostile to the new website and welcome it. There are some good websites now about Silsden if you look including this one. My first post onb the flood barrier was critical of its design and I stand by that. In defence of "A" flood barrier yes I do support some kind of defence. In support of that I have posted historical evidence of the need for something going back at least all of my lifetime.However most people who are against the current half built structure manage to get a dig in at the Town Council even though the facts are they did not commission it and Bradford Council paid for it.
Turning to accusations about Bradford Council...where to start. In my (over) half a century living in Silsden, which includes all the time Bradford have ruled us, all I have seen is Bradford Council asset stripping the town. One of the first things was footpath snowploughs that Silsden Urban District Council bought were quickly wisked away to central Bradford.
When agreement was made for secondary education to move to Cross Hills it was on a promise that Silsden children would get free school transport. Bradford Council stopped that and it was because the minutes to the meeting that agreed that were "missing".
And its gone on like that ever since.

I do have a problem with one elected Councillor, not sure who the other one is. But how can you work "with" the one who will not work with the Town Council because his mate did not elected(twice).The fact he has taken his bat and ball home is his problem. But he needs to work for his voters. I once went to a meeting for businessmen and women at the Town Hall and he was there telling everyone that Silsden would have to be home to thousands of new houses. I had never come across him before but thought he should be starting the fight against that idea. I think the only meaningful objection to a housing project was just a personal vendetta against the applicant(The Town Mayor). He really needs to work with other elected representatives for the good of Silsden. As I understand it he wont work with;
One other Ward Councillor
The whole of the Town Council
And I understand following a fall out some time ago our local MP Mr Hopkins is not on his xmas card list either.
He seems to fall out with political colleagues and foes on a regular basis so I am proud to be on his blocked list on Twitter because it means I am in the company of better people than him.

Do you know who I miss most on here. The late Alan Edwards, former mayor. I disagreed with him often but he always put up a good argument. Nowadays a lot of people say what they think but never back things up with facts or evidence and sound like a stuck record.
At least if I say something about "Bradmet" I back it up.

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2015 : 18:07:30      reply with quote

Just a constructive criticism for the person responsible for the new website. Although I clicked on the site I was unable to read anything because the printing is a very pale grey on a white background. If you could use a more distinctive print colour it would make it easier for anyone with poor eyesight. I have found this problem with some magazines as well. I have no problem reading Silsden Net.

poononga1
Website Member

Website Member

05/07/2015 : 19:01:43      reply with quote

posted by bandnwire
Just a constructive criticism for the person responsible for the new website. Although I clicked on the site I was unable to read anything because the printing is a very pale grey on a white background. If you could use a more distinctive print colour it would make it easier for anyone with poor eyesight. I have found this problem with some magazines as well. I have no problem reading Silsden Net.
Not really too sure why you're seeing it like that, it is mostly black text on White background. But the guy who is running the website will be back in Silsden in the morning and I will have a word with him and see if he can shed a little light on it for you.
Thanks for all the support.

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 06:49:38      reply with quote

posted by hillbilly
may just be better not to waist any more time and money on this new white elephant it is a poor quality ameture site laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D
LOL

poononga1
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 10:57:22      reply with quote

posted by bandnwire
Just a little update on this, this week the designer will be working on solving this issue for you, he would like to know if you are using a pc, tablet or mobile to look at the site?
thank you

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 11:12:25      reply with quote

All looks good on my laptop... black on white, clear to read OK

paperclip
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 12:55:46      reply with quote

Clear and easy to read on my pc. Might take a while for us dinosaurs to get navigating it smoothly but it's looking v. good. Great that design comments on here are being taken so seriously. Need a new code name for the new site but 'paperclip' aka ? will be with you shortly!
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 13:25:11      reply with quote

UN...BELIEVE...ABLE discussing the problems of another website problems on this forum. shocked 8Oshocked 8O

If you want to improve their website then go ONTO THEIR WEBSITE and tell them, not here.

poononga1 - free advertising - "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" springs to mind! angry

Replies in this thread : 21

Thread Closed

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Alternative Silsden Website  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to