Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > silsden main st shut off by police

Replies in this thread : 18

Author

Topic : silsden main st shut off by police

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 16:01:53      reply with quote

anyone know whats happened
click for more information

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 16:37:34      reply with quote

All clear now

greengrass
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 16:42:29      reply with quote

They are on the look out for a speeding flymo towing a skate board lol

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 16:46:22      reply with quote

Just went past me a minute ago.

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 16:53:43      reply with quote

That's Hillbilly in in trouble again as the skate board is registered to meshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8Olaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 16:54:12      reply with quote

Only hear say, but I am told there was a R.T.C. outside the Post office.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 17:03:38      reply with quote

posted by grandad
Only hear say, but I am told there was a R.T.C. outside the Post office.
Is anyone surprised? Parking should be axed there asap.

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 17:27:06      reply with quote

Coming back from Keighley it took us 10mins to get onto the roundabout and then another 30mins to get into Silsden.

Raver
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 17:48:09      reply with quote

Once again..! Silsden has a single road and a single bridge over the canal. Not BT or Yorkshire Water or even Bradmet this time but an RTA. Any disruption will cause delays - where is our By-Pass? Meanwhile lets clear the parking in Bolton Road, Kirkgate and Keighley Road to at least ease the traffic flow.

I guess on this occasion we need to be patient and think of the individuals impacted.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 19:18:23      reply with quote

posted by Raver
Once again..! Silsden has a single road and a single bridge over the canal. Not BT or Yorkshire Water or even Bradmet this time but an RTA. Any disruption will cause delays - where is our By-Pass? Meanwhile lets clear the parking in Bolton Road, Kirkgate and Keighley Road to at least ease the traffic flow.

I guess on this occasion we need to be patient and think of the individuals impacted.

Raver... I agree we need to think about the people concerned.... so let's make the roads safer for them to use.... dinosaurs are stopping sensible traffic flow because they say that the parking in Kirkgate is helping traffic calming.... rubbish...! There is plenty of safe parking in Wesley Place, often plenty of free places there. But no one will take any action. The bypass may take years to complete, but we can take some action now to help the situation.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/07/2015 : 20:35:37      reply with quote

Other social media reports suggest a veered off the main street and hit the wall between the Post Office and Age Concern. For that to happen there must have been no cars parked there.
Imagine if parking on the main street was banned and a car came flying through the town and veered off the road onto the pavement hitting pedestrians. Parking is allowed for a reason. The answer is an alternative route for through traffic.

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 12:38:14      reply with quote

The parking does slow traffic down! unfortunately sometimes it stops it altogether.
The Town Council are trying to get a 7 1/2 ton limit on the canal bridge which would help when it comes to HGV's/ buses meeting at the Post Office corner and being unable to get past each other.
Another suggestion is why not change the parking on Kirkgate from any time allowed like it is now to, no parking at busy times, I.E. 08.30 to 09.30 and 15.00 to 18.00, then see how that helps?
I know one problem with this suggestion would be enforcement, but it would make a good money earner for Bradford Met.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 13:35:14      reply with quote

I would stop parking outside post office and age concern thus freeing up the right hand bend traveling to Keighley. vehicles could then pull into that space and pass each other. It is the bend in the road from either direction that seems to cause the problems. And maybe the parking place outside the fish @ chip shop could be removed as this is the narrow part of the road.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 13:43:37      reply with quote

wont happen when a councllor has a business there look at twiggs paper shop had 3 parking places out side when a councillor had it and as soon as someone else bought it they went and this was years before the crossing was put there,stinksangryangryangryangryshocked 8Oshocked 8Osad :(sad :(

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 14:51:59      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
wont happen when a councllor has a business there look at twiggs paper shop had 3 parking places out side when a councillor had it and as soon as someone else bought it they went and this was years before the crossing was put there,stinksangryangryangryangryshocked 8Oshocked 8Osad :(sad :(
I thought the yellow lines appeared before 1988

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 16:21:28      reply with quote

i used to live at the bottom end of town then when i used twiggs newsagents and parked there so dont know exact dates .

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

07/07/2015 : 17:08:56      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
i used to live at the bottom end of town then when i used twiggs newsagents and parked there so dont know exact dates .
I seemed to remember a tale about the owner not being happy not sure if it was Twigg or Lampkin, but thought it was the former

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2015 : 08:58:21      reply with quote

Create a one way system, basically the one the buses take.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

08/07/2015 : 18:07:23      reply with quote

posted by old_miner
Create a one way system, basically the one the buses take.

That would take all the traffic up past the school, not in my view a good idea.
Anyway what makes you think they would take much notice of a one way system? They don't on shed side.

Replies in this thread : 18

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > silsden main st shut off by police  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to