Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Ever wondered what it would be like to walk on Mars?

Replies in this thread : 2

Author

Topic : Ever wondered what it would be like to walk on Mars?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2015 : 12:27:47      reply with quote

This time-lapse video details the 26.2-mile (42.2km) journey NASAís Opportunity rover has been on since it set off on its Mars road trip in January 2004.

Opportunity left Earth on 7 July 2003 in one of NASAís Boeing Delta II rockets, as part of the Mars Exploration Rover Mission (MER), and landed on the Red Planet six months later.

The vehicle itself is 1.5m tall, 2.3m wide and 1.5m long. It weighs 180kg and is powered by solar panels that can generate 140W for four hours a day. Opportunity has a top speed of 5cm/sec, but itís average travelling speed is 1cm/sec. Bless.

See the video
youtu.be/3b1DxICZbGc

click for more information

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2015 : 15:43:03      reply with quote

Fantastic that Peter really enjoyed the video well worth a watch THANK YOUhappy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)happy :)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

09/07/2015 : 15:53:05      reply with quote

Do you think it goes a few metres and then stops to admire the view, takes a few pictures and rings home?

"I'll just take a few pictures now and sample the ground".... just a minute while I recharge my batteries! laugh :Dlaugh :D

... but what a fantastic achievement! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 2

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Ever wondered what it would be like to walk on Mars?  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to