Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Police Helicopter

Replies in this thread : 8

Author

Topic : Police Helicopter

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

20/07/2015 : 17:53:50      reply with quote

Does anyone know why the Welsh police helicopter has just been circling around Silsden ?
click for more information

Jaguarxjs22
Website Member

Website Member

20/07/2015 : 20:22:26      reply with quote

It might be lost !

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

21/07/2015 : 15:33:05      reply with quote

I am told that at the same time the chopper was circling there were two
police vehicles parked on west view.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

21/07/2015 : 16:22:18      reply with quote

nothing on the police helicopter log for silsden, obviously top secret!
as was the incident in which 2 police vans were racing into Ilkley from addingham direction last night about 7-30, very reckless of the driver to be going at that speed on a two way road, he overtook a car on his side and was heading straight towards us at a ridiculous speed, we barely had time to get out of the way it was very scary and could have resulted in a head on collision.Nothing is that urgent to take risks like that.If any one knows what it was about I would be very interested to know!

terrier52
Website Member

Website Member

21/07/2015 : 17:04:33      reply with quote

2 police van were out Side coop at about 1700 Monday with blue light flashing .

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2015 : 13:19:23      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
nothing on the police helicopter log for silsden, obviously top secret!
as was the incident in which 2 police vans were racing into Ilkley from addingham direction last night about 7-30, very reckless of the driver to be going at that speed on a two way road, he overtook a car on his side and was heading straight towards us at a ridiculous speed, we barely had time to get out of the way it was very scary and could have resulted in a head on collision.Nothing is that urgent to take risks like that.If any one knows what it was about I would be very interested to know!
Did they have their two's and Blues on?

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2015 : 13:57:24      reply with quote

yes granddad they did but that is not an excuse to drive at excessive speed overtaking a car on a bend, we had little time to react because of the speed, its a 40mph limit and the first van must have been doing in excess of 70mph, was very nearly a nasty accident.I do not think anything warrants that level of recklessness, and I have spoken to someone about it, due to confidentiality they could not tell me what was so urgent.Maybe the fish shop was about to close!

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2015 : 16:12:50      reply with quote

gingo
There are times when the actions of experienced advanced trained drivers can appear excessive to the untrained observer, and yes they do sometimes get it wrong, however having many times travelled with them on blue light runs I have never once felt unnerved by their driving.
Seconds count in a life and death emergency, (see the front page of the Keighley News this week) Provided you are looking and listening when you are driving you should be aware that an emergence vehicle is near; even if sometimes it is difficult to know just where they are, when I hear them I open a window, slow down look all around until I either find them or the sound fades away, if you can, stop this lets them know what your intentions are, help them on their way, they may be going to help someone you know!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

23/07/2015 : 16:40:24      reply with quote

I would assume that if there had have been such a great emergency requiring two police vans that there would have been something in the news or on their website, not found anything yet.I know they are advanced trained drivers but it was reckless to overtake on a bend, we could not see them until they were upon us , the gap they squeezed through shows that they are capable drivers but it was very scary,no need to have overtaken on the bend, it would only have lost them a couple of seconds at that speed to wait until they had cleared the bend.I cannot think of any circumstance that warranted it

Replies in this thread : 8

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Police Helicopter  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to