Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Residents Survey

Replies in this thread : 29

Author

Topic : Residents Survey

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 10:36:34      reply with quote

Had a letter through the post that implies Bradford Council are holding a residents survey and meeting at the Town Hall with our Ward Councillors in attendence.

Although the letter has Bradford Council's logo on it appears to be a Tory party effort with only Tory Ward Councillors in attendance.

Its a bit underhand not making clear the party politics involved.
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 11:21:54      reply with quote

For those of you that have not received the letter yet!

news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/WardCouncillorsSurgery_12Aug2015.pdf

I thought we had 3 Ward Councillors but the two mentioned Conservative Councillors on this letter have not attended a Silsden Town Council meeting.... one for several years and the other, elected in May, has yet to attend an STC meeting.

Our Independent Ward Councillor is not mentioned as being part of the surgery but does attend most STC meetings.

Draw your own conclusions!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 12:59:36      reply with quote

Was hoping more from our new councillor. Time will tell I suppose. Has anybody seen him in Silsden since the election?.Or anytime in Silsden?

#wheresJack

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 13:01:32      reply with quote

Just noticed on the survey form

"Using a 1 to 10 scale(1 being the highest)"

Never seen a survey where 1 is the highest!!!!!

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 14:13:00      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
Just noticed on the survey form

"Using a 1 to 10 scale(1 being the highest)"

Never seen a survey where 1 is the highest!!!!!
I think they want us to rank them in priority of choice 1-10, there are 10 boxes. That's what I assume anyway....!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 17:05:08      reply with quote

Doesnt matter really matter about housing this is what Bradford say is suitable NOW

www.bradford.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/8E03A9AB-57DB-4A40-9651-84E42DEEF4B6/0/SilsdenSettlementAreaMap.pdf

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 19:22:25      reply with quote

gazer, where did you find this map? I thought Bradford had not yet put together their development plan

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 20:11:25      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
gazer, where did you find this map? I thought Bradford had not yet put together their development plan
I get a Bradford Council newsletter called "Plan it" and there was a link on that with this

www.bradford.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/0008E6AF-0DC9-45C7-9777-DCA1E5C15D63/0/5YearLandSupplyStatementAppendix4.pdf

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 20:13:32      reply with quote

www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/the_environment/planning_service/local_development_framework/plan_it_bradford

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

29/07/2015 : 22:34:00      reply with quote

cannot see any map on the link you gave, however I have read the document and as far as I can see none of this is necessarily going in the plan when they get round to actually doing it, so need to wait until the development plan is produced and put to public consultation before we start jumping to conclusions

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 07:28:34      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by ginjo
cannot see any map on the link you gave, however I have read the document and as far as I can see none of this is necessarily going in the plan when they get round to actually doing it, so need to wait until the development plan is produced and put to public consultation before we start jumping to conclusions
There is a link on the newsletter

www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/the_environment/planning_service/local_development_framework/evidence_base_strategic_housing_land_availability_assessment

midway
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 08:10:20      reply with quote

It's not a very good map,but hope it helps.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 09:30:54      reply with quote

You may find the following of interest

The minutes for our Neighbourhood Planning
www.steeton-with-eastburnparishcouncil.gov.uk/Core/Steeton-Eastburn-PC/Pages/Neighbourhood_Plan_1.aspx

An article about what it's all about (slighly out of date but worth a read)

SILSDEN: Town would grow by a half under framework
news.silsden.net/localdevopmentframework/silsden-town-would-grow-by-a-half-under-framework

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 11:18:05      reply with quote

If Silsden expands, which seems likely, a new secondary school should be built. In a recent planning doc for local housing it mentions that in addition to South Craven, capacity at Oakbank and UAK at Keighley could be used for our children.... it shows the way that the future may go.
In the light of recent Aire View/ Hothfield events, do we want that to happen?

Grandparent
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 16:34:08      reply with quote

Does the timing of the meeting mean it will be open season on district councillors?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 18:16:18      reply with quote

posted by Grandparent
Does the timing of the meeting mean it will be open season on district councillors?
There safe....I wouldnt know #wheresjack if he passed me in the street.The other one appears to be moving house.Maybe does not like Silsden. Been busy on Cowling business recently.Might move there????

“You couldn’t go outside and people had to have their windows and doors closed,” said Cowling parish clerk, Andrew Mallinson. “Elderly people with breathing difficulties suffered.”
www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/13508493.Cowling_residents_troubled_by_clouds_of_dust/?ref=mr&lp=8

Cowling parish councillor Natalie Johnson and clerk Andrew Mallinson recently met with Dennis Cairns from North Yorkshire County Council highways regarding villagers' concerns about speeding traffic on the road through Middleton and Ickornshaw.
www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/13382261.New_traffic_calming_measures_for_Cowling_road/

If only he could work with Silsden Council!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 18:43:27      reply with quote

There is NO indication of a bypass on the map above.

Promises..... promises

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 18:51:28      reply with quote

peter you know as well as I do mr mallinson and his tory cronies speak with fork tongue.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/07/2015 : 21:10:07      reply with quote

You cant say "all" Tories. I for one will give #wheresjack a chance to show he has the Craven Ward electors needs as a priority before his own.I think the STC Lord Mayor should do the same and try to engage.And I hope #wheresjack can show he is not a Mallinson puppet. We need politicians to work together for Silsden and Craven and leave behind those who will not work together.So come on Skippy offer the new councillor a hand of friendship then if he does not take it he will lose my chance of support

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

31/07/2015 : 12:28:55      reply with quote

Another e-mail today

Consultation: The Bradford District Local Plan

Bradford District Community Infrastructure Levy

Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (31 July – 11 September 2015)

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing to inform you that the Council is consulting on the first stage of introducing a charge on new development - a Community Infrastructure Levy - to support the delivery of essential infrastructure across the District. This stage is called the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule.

The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a levy which the Council may charge on new developments in the District. The money raised will help the Council pay for infrastructure such as schools, transport, parks, open spaces and other community facilities required to support new development in the District.

The consultation is focussed on the proposed charge rates in the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule. A Background Report has also been prepared by way of further explanation. The following supporting evidence base documents are also being made available for comment:

Bradford CIL - Economic Viability Evidence
Bradford District Local Infrastructure Plan Evidence

The Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule is available on-line at: www.bradford.gov.uk/planningpolicy and can also be viewed at the Council Planning Offices and main libraries.

The Local Plans Team would welcome your views and comments on the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule, and supporting documents, and will take these into account when producing the CIL Draft Charging Schedule.

Comments should be returned to the Council by using the comment form available at www.bradford.gov.uk/planningpolicy. Completed Forms should be sent preferably by email, to the Local Plan Group at planning.policy@bradford.gov.uk or in writing to Development Plans, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council, 2nd Floor (South) Jacobs Well, Nelson Street, Bradford, BD1 5RW.

Comments should be received within the 6 week consultation period which will run from Friday 31 July 2015 until 5pm on Friday 11 September 2015.

Please note that representations cannot be treated as confidential and a schedule of all representations received will be published.

If you have any questions please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01274 433679 or email planning.policy@bradford.gov.uk.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew Marshall
Planning & Transport Strategy Manager

skippy
Website Member

Website Member

02/08/2015 : 16:37:33      reply with quote

gazzer the hand was offered straight away but as usual nothing, wheresjack as you say has also been invited to all of our meetings , he told me he wanted to work with the town council from the outset.he also wanted to meet me personaly but has never been in touch since. we can only assume he is under your mates spell hahahahah
solid wood flooring

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/08/2015 : 22:13:20      reply with quote

Meeting on Wednesday in the Town Hall

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2015 : 07:58:08      reply with quote

Please remember this is not a "Bradford Council" meeting and is a "Conservative Party" meeting.

Otherworld
Website Member

Website Member

11/08/2015 : 11:33:25      reply with quote

Has anybody living south of the canal been invited to Wednesday's meeting, or are our representatives interested in the views of only selected residents of Silsden?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

12/08/2015 : 14:40:39      reply with quote

TONIGHT

More information
news.silsden.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/WardCouncillorsSurgery_12Aug2015.pdf

Contrary to the information on the leaflet we have 3 ward councilors, this is a Conservative initiative.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/08/2015 : 16:40:52      reply with quote

Bradford Council Members Services Team sent this letter out on behalf of the two councillors. Thats people who are paid to know they should not mislead people into thinking its a "Bradford Council" meeting

midway
Website Member

Website Member

12/08/2015 : 17:00:50      reply with quote

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

12/08/2015 : 17:20:37      reply with quote

Said on BBC Look North this morning Bradford Councillors are holding a meeting in Bradford tonight to discuss preventing radical Islam so maybe tonights meeting could be cancelled..not saying it is

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2015 : 11:18:41      reply with quote

Any reports from the meeting??

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

14/08/2015 : 12:41:40      reply with quote

It was like it said on the tin 'a surgery'

Why send letters to all the residents of Silsden about a subject which will affect us all (the future of Silsden) and then only meet with half a dozen residents on a one to one basis? I didn't fancy a one to one and went home and did something important - I cut the grass before the rain.

So another box ticked for our elected councillor.

Replies in this thread : 29

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Residents Survey  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to