Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > new bus timetable

Replies in this thread : 60
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

Author

Topic : new bus timetable

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

03/08/2015 : 21:05:43      reply with quote

has anyone seen the revised route of the silsden 762 bus, it says that from 30th august the route is being simplified, not sure what the changes are can anyone help
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

03/08/2015 : 21:25:42      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

as per transdev site, new simpler route, all buses running through silsden (to ilkley) will be all the same route from 30th aug they go up elliott st woodside rd and down skipton rd,dradishaw rd will no longer be served,alternative stops will only be a short walk away.)dos`nt mention the route back from ilkley and it dos`nt mention the 712 silsden bus so that service is poss the samehappy :)

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

03/08/2015 : 21:49:02      reply with quote

www.keighleybus.co.uk/cmsUploads/route/files/762tt%20Aug%202015%20web.pdf

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2015 : 06:40:07      reply with quote

This is the rout map for the 762

www.keighleybus.co.uk/times.jsp?routeID=72

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2015 : 08:07:55      reply with quote

Sneeky, 7 minutes earlier towards Keighley. Means first bus pass bus will have to be the later bus again. Shortening route keeps Ilkley time though so that it leaves after the arrival of the Leeds train still.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2015 : 10:00:51      reply with quote

thank you everyone, it does not show that there is a stop at memorial gardens, presume this is still stop seeing as a new bus shelter went up

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2015 : 10:49:02      reply with quote

Have i got this wrong, it looks like the the bus turns round at memorial gardens on the return to keighley. please use Animate stop start to demonstrate.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2015 : 14:01:17      reply with quote

posted by Peter
This is the route map for the 762

You got it wrong. sad :(

Look at the map from the link www.keighleybus.co.uk/times.jsp?routeID=72

adeythom
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2015 : 18:20:09      reply with quote

Incidentally, anyone (like me) who travels on the 5:56am 66C will be glad to know it's not affected by the changes.

robin
Website Member

Website Member

04/08/2015 : 18:59:21      reply with quote

Can't understand the new timetable. Wot in plane engleesh are the changes?

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

05/08/2015 : 19:30:41      reply with quote

posted by Peter
posted by Peter
This is the route map for the 762

You got it wrong. sad :(

Look at the map from the link www.keighleybus.co.uk/times.jsp?routeID=72

It does look like the inbound to keighley turb round at the junction of dradishaw road an at the top of town whne you use the animate function........

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 10:11:05      reply with quote

This new route will cause more traffic hold up in Silsden, exit Elliott st ( bad move, as a driver of long vehicle that left turn is a problem) and then turning right at the top of town will cause more hold up.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 11:13:57      reply with quote

So i am not the only one that's got it wrong , Peter please show us the return route from Ilkley. thank you.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 12:21:23      reply with quote

hmmmm, I think you will find on the inbound route (to Keighley) it takes a different route through Silsden (note there are no stops on Elliot St if the bus is going towards Keighley - the reason being the bus will not go that way, probably to avoid the Elliot St / Keighley Road junction).

The 762 will turn off Bolton Road - Bell Sq - Skipton Road - Woodside Road - Dradishaw Road - Skipton Road - Bell Sq - Kirkgate - Keighley Road.

Well that's my theory laugh :D

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 13:30:40      reply with quote

at the moment, the bus coming from Ilkley turns right from Bolton road into bell square then goes up skipton road, presumably it will no longer go on dradishaw road so not sure where it will turn round to come back down skipton road, out of bell square and stop at memorial gardens and opposite the robin hood .Coming from Keighley it turns up Elliott street and I assume now that it will go up woodside road to the top and turn down skipton road and stop at bell square and the kings on its way up Bolton road to Ilkley.I hope that's right

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 13:42:09      reply with quote

we suffered something similar in 86/87. The bus routes were changed so often, the only safe place to get a bus to keighley was by the petrol station.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 15:40:59      reply with quote

I have spoken with Transderv at Keighley and the person I spoke with said that the service will come down Elliott Street and make a left turn at the end. He said some drivers have expressed concerns re the new route and this is under discussion at the moment. He said he will ask the duty manager to ring me and confirm the new route return from Keighley..

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 15:54:00      reply with quote

I have been rung back and have spoken with a Mr Lonie and he says the animated map is wrong. The 762 from Ilkley will not be going on Dradishaw road on either journey, will come from Woodside and then down Elliott St and exit with a right turn to Keighley. He said new bus stops are to be placed on Elliott St, I hope this is now clear.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 16:36:22      reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to say that no buses will be traveling on Kirkgate at any time due to problems navigating thru the parked traffic, and as with Bell Square the 762 will only exit there on the journey to Ilkley.

mayflower
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 16:46:29      reply with quote

So...anyone catching a bus to Keighley who lives up Howden road way, misses out!! What about our new bus shelter too? The timetable seems quite vague re times and stops towards Keighley. I shall be asking at the bus station for clarification!!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

06/08/2015 : 17:24:54      reply with quote

I would have thought passengers might have been consulted! time to stop the parking on kirkgate then, so buses can get through! why put a new bus stop at memorial gardens if buses are no longer stopping there, grrrrr
solid wood flooring

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/08/2015 : 14:45:49      reply with quote

posted by wheelaman123
I have been rung back and have spoken with a Mr Lonie and he says the animated map is wrong. The 762 from Ilkley will not be going on Dradishaw road on either journey, will come from Woodside and then down Elliott St and exit with a right turn to Keighley. He said new bus stops are to be placed on Elliott St, I hope this is now clear.
They tried this before(70's or 80's).It was soon scrapped when they realised how difficult and dangerous it was for buses to exit Elliot Street onto Keighley Road. It will be some young kids working at Transdev that think its a good idea

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/08/2015 : 16:26:03      reply with quote

I have been banging on for ages about stopping parking in Kirkgate, and no one in authority sees the logic of it... free parking in Wesley Place for 30 minutes just 50 yards away.
Now that the bus company have sussed it out, townspeople will suffer as they lose the bus service up there.
Time for common sense to kick in, but too late for the buses...! They've had enough.
And now there will be more trouble at Elliot Street corner.... can't wait to see 2 lots of buses trying to navigate that. More delays for people...
Those people who advocate traffic calming through Silsden by allowing Kirkgate parking are going to get their way, big time.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

13/08/2015 : 16:41:50      reply with quote

And another thing, while I am having a go, all the good that has been done with the new crossing/ yellow box near Clog Bridge/Elliot Street will be undone by a new shambles at the corner.
Over to the Kirkgate parking defenders to hear the usual defence... let's hear it again.

Nearly teatime... I'm off

Cobydaler
Website Member

Website Member

13/08/2015 : 20:59:39      reply with quote

Strange ; Transdev have said they have simplified or improved the service . I have seen no mention of congestion on Silsden's main street as being the reason for the change .
I see no post has been made about the loss of service to Dradishaw Rd which just happens to be the local stop for many of our older residents who have no access to cars . Of course if one was being cynical the cost saving in passes not being used might spring to mind !!!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

28/08/2015 : 18:10:02      reply with quote

Petition against bus changes in Silsden gathers more than 100 signatures

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/13630197.Petition_against_bus_changes_in_Silsden_gathers_more_than_100_signatures/

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

28/08/2015 : 19:01:31      reply with quote

Some people living on Elliott Street will soon no longer be able to park outside their own houses where the new bus stops are

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

28/08/2015 : 19:39:41      reply with quote

Does this mean some people will not be able to park outside their house? They will have to park further away and either walk home, or catch a bus.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

28/08/2015 : 19:49:50      reply with quote

So now we have confirmation that the buses are being re-routed because of Kirkgate parking

"Transdev last week said one of the reasons it was changing the bus route was due to parked vehicles on narrow Kirkgate causing delays and potential accident risks."

When is everyone going to wake up to this stupid situation... Transdev have had enough,I don't blame them. Why not a petition to stop Kirkgate parking?

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

29/08/2015 : 10:58:19      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It would make sense to make Kirgate and Elliot Street one way. The rest of the route could be two way, but with no parking at all allowed to ensure buses and lorries could use it without parked cars blocking the way.

Kirgate is the main trading street of Silsden and limited short stay road side parking should be allowed. Making Elliot Street one way means resident parking could continue on one side only. The rest of the route has enough side streets for resident parking.

Remember that roads are our transport lifelines and vehicle movement must have priority over using the road as a car park.

craftycat
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2015 : 11:12:46      reply with quote

Some of your suggestions are well - 'arm chair views.' Do any of you actually live on Elliott Street? Please consider, that because of the parking restrictions/limitations on the bottom of Elliott Street, people now park further up Elliott Street, where residents of King Street, that whilst a Street, do not have any parking so have to park on Elliott Street, 1) amongst teachers who park all day, 2) people going to the gym, 3)people who work on Keighley Road and leave their vehicles all day - so there is not enough parking as it is. Now we have lost more space as there is going to be a new bus stop outside the caravan unit on Elliott Street - with no consultation of residents.

All Elliott Street should be come resident parking, and I don't know why all households were not consulted when this went through a few years ago.

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2015 : 14:33:39      reply with quote

Roads are for travelling on, not parking on. Resident permit parking is a concession by local authority who have the obligation to keep roads open for traffic. Because the quantity of traffic has increased over the years management of traffic has become essential. Elliot Street has become a main route due to the increase in traffic. Being a fairly wide road parking on one side is possible, but parking on both sides causes obstruction.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

30/08/2015 : 15:04:04      reply with quote

Interesting how people know best where others should or shouldnt park.Some of those who "know best" will be car drivers who would not take kindly if they were told where they can and can not park.

I am sure older viewers can remember that Elliott Street was actually an official council cark handy for shopping on the Main Street.

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 18:36:13      reply with quote

I know it might be early yet to ask but can any one say if the new bus route is any better than the main street one..??

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 19:00:33      reply with quote

I was held up on the canal bridge because a bus had to wait for traffic to exit Elliott St before he could swing the bus round.It would have been quicker for the bus to use the Main Street.

Landrover
Website Member

Website Member

02/09/2015 : 08:09:55      reply with quote

One thing not effected, the timekeeping, I was watching from the gym window, yesterday, a lady with a walking aid was still waiting for the keighley bus at 5 minutes past 1pm.

Replies in this thread : 60
Page : 1 2
<< next page next page >>

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > new bus timetable  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to