Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Spring Bank Nursing Home

Replies in this thread : 1

Author

Topic : Spring Bank Nursing Home

midway
Website Member

Website Member

28/08/2015 : 19:08:01      reply with quote

Keighley News
CARE watchdogs have ordered a Silsden nursing home to make urgent improvements or face further action.

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) said action must be taken at Spring Bank Nursing Home to ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents.

The order was made this week against Diane Hudson, who was named as being responsible for the Howden Road facility.

Mrs Hudson responded she had taken the inspectors’ concerns very seriously and is making swift improvements in several areas.

During an unannounced inspection in June this year, a CQC team found the home was failing to provide care that was safe, effective, caring, responsive to people’s needs or well-led.

The home was given a rating of ‘inadequate’ by the CQC, which highlighted several areas of concern.

These included a shortage of qualified, skilled and experienced nursing staff; induction, training and supervision of staff not being thorough; care and treatment that did not always reflect residents’ preferences; and lack of protection against the risks of unsafe use and management of medicines.

Inspectors said standards of cleanliness had deteriorated since the last inspection in November 2014. Some parts of the home were visibly dirty and had an unpleasant odour, and areas of the premises were unsafe due to poor maintenance.

In a statement issued to the Keighley News, Mrs Hudson said: “We have taken the areas of concern very seriously and understand the need to improve quickly.

“We are actively recruiting nursing staff and working closely with other agencies to maintain continuity. The home has had a deep clean and a full-time housekeeper has been employed. A refurbishment programme is being implemented. We are improving our induction training and supervision for all staff.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

28/08/2015 : 20:11:17      reply with quote

Looking at previous reports it has gone downhill over recent years.When my mum was in there there were some issues that I still have to think about but a lot of the staff were fine. My mum was lucky in that I(and or my wife) went every single day so things like food were not a problem because I could phone her at 3pm and take her whatever she fancied for tea.The staff knew we would go every day so even if it was 10pm they would often have someone on hand to let us in.Hope its sorted soon.
click for more information

Replies in this thread : 1

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Spring Bank Nursing Home  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to