Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Another burglary on Waterside.

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : Another burglary on Waterside.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 09:09:09      reply with quote

I understand there has been another burglary on Waterside,(a house close to the Telford Close junction ) and which was the subject of a previous burglary.
Facts are, as I understand them, is that entry has been gained by snapping the euro-profile lock on the back door while the occupants were out. This was daytime, sometime between 1pm and 8pm Bank Holiday Monday.
Keys for two vehicles were found inside, namely a white van and a red Audi. Both vehicles were stolen, and the van has been found parked up in the Bingley / Shipley area. Apparently there is some more information on Facebook if anybody using Facebook wishes to fill in the gaps?
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 10:21:15      reply with quote

Vans are often parked up for a while so the thieves know if it has a tracker fitted.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 10:53:38      reply with quote

Correction to events ..... it was in fact between 1am and 8am Monday morning and the occupants were asleep in the house throughout.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 11:24:21      reply with quote

it is very disturbing and annoying when you are burgled but there are so many things you can do to protect your property, I am amazed that some people still have the old euro locks after all the publicity about the uselessness of them.Also a burglar alarm would have gone off and woken the occupants.We all need to look out for ourselves and make our homes burglar proof

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 11:32:32      reply with quote

It is a double edged sword. If you have an alarm, who actually acts on them, other than reporting the owner for noise pollution? If you have one and use it, you run the risk of pets triggering it.

Dogs are, to me, the best deterrent to burglars, but they are not infallible.

Brian Smith (bottom of Bradley Road) or Paul's DIY, both supply locked for double glazed door units and not badly priced.

Happywalker
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 11:59:08      reply with quote

If you actually lock your doors, which many people don't, and fit sash jammers and anti- snap locks, alarms and dogs become more or less irrelevant as somebody has to be inside the premises to activate the alarm or be attacked by the dog.Both, however, can still act as deterrents.
These burglars are not just opportunist kids, it is their way of life, they target specific houses, and they are good at what they do. Householders need to recognise and accept this. Is it really worth having your home entered, personal irreplaceable and / or valuable items stolen for the sake of spending a few quid on prevention measures?

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

01/09/2015 : 12:51:28      reply with quote

If they want to get in they will. We have a dog,a driveway alarm,I keep my keys in my pocket and locks on internal doors.

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

02/09/2015 : 20:24:22      reply with quote

If they can find my car keys they are a better man than me!!

It takes me 15 minutes every morning to find mind!!!!

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Another burglary on Waterside.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to