Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > The Beck/Floodgate

Replies in this thread : 10

Author

Topic : The Beck/Floodgate

londonexile
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2015 : 16:01:48      reply with quote

Hi - I don't want to get into the arguments of who is to blame for the floodgate situation, but does anyone know when it is going to get sorted??

I was back in Silsden recently for the weekend seeing family and it's pretty depressing to see nothing happening with it, whether that be dismantling it or finishing it. Just sad to see that it is going nowhere very quickly and ruining what should be a very pretty focal part of Silsden.
click for more information

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2015 : 16:23:17      reply with quote

Bradford put an injunction on the floodgate because of an alleged lack of planning permission.

So the argument is over who owns the land the floodgate metal work is sitting on.

Bradford own the highway on both sides of the Beck and they have a waste bin on the ground in question.

The Environment Agency are responsible for the beck but the landowner is responsible for the land adjacent to the Beck.

So Bradford have served an injunction on themselves and that is what is causing the delay. We could have had this sorted by now and the floodgate finished and hidden behind a nice wall. Now another beck-wall building year will pass and we can all moan about it for another year.
Another wall building season draws to an end and Bradford are still trying to work out who owns the land so they can make someone pay for their mistake. If they admit the land belongs to them then they will be liable for the maintenance of the beck - have you seen the state of the beck lately?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2015 : 16:25:19      reply with quote

I think this should bring you uptodate.
www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=7809

londonexile
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2015 : 17:07:02      reply with quote

Thanks all - much appreciated. Did see the state of the beck - it's a mess and completely overgrown.

Was there not a group that used to clean it up every now and then?

Hopefully gets sorted soon.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

06/10/2015 : 20:58:30      reply with quote

there were a few groups that did it i was on three but the same people got fed up with doing it all the time, so there is a great chance for you (londonexile) to start a clean up group with a meeting day and date happy :)

londonexile
Website Member

Website Member

07/10/2015 : 09:26:54      reply with quote

posted by dogcatcher
there were a few groups that did it i was on three but the same people got fed up with doing it all the time, so there is a great chance for you (londonexile) to start a clean up group with a meeting day and date happy :)
Would love to but I live in London!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/10/2015 : 09:38:29      reply with quote

Item 11 on the STC meeting on Thurs 8 Oct 2015

11. Beck complaints regarding the washed down debris are being received suggest in the first instance the council request the EA to clear the water course.

www.silsden.net/town_council/docs_15/15_meetings/STC_meeting_agenda_Oct2015.pdf

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

07/10/2015 : 10:43:26      reply with quote

Those people that have done some tree pruning, then dumped the branches in the beck want prosecuting, as do anymore caught, or found to be fly tipping.

In this instance, there is great potential for flooding down stream, when branches get caught on undergrowth, which is fairly imminent.

If a beck clean up is arranged, I would like to be involved. I am available some weekends and Wednesday's. I DO NOT want to lead a group or see a group I am involved with, take flack from the whingers, as with the floodgate. I may be available at other times for the odd hour, but I cannot guarantee on that.

If someone, including the town council, wants to organise a group, please post a message with dates and times on here or Silsden Buzz.

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

07/10/2015 : 14:07:54      reply with quote

i posted on here about a load of tree cuttings in the beck by the coop at the begining of the year they have probably washed downsad :(

midway
Website Member

Website Member

07/10/2015 : 14:39:29      reply with quote

Your memory is going doggy,that was two years ago.
try link www.silsden.net/forum/philboard_read.asp?id=5711

londonexile
Website Member

Website Member

07/10/2015 : 14:57:58      reply with quote

posted by GAMEKEEPER

If someone, including the town council, wants to organise a group, please post a message with dates and times on here or Silsden Buzz.
If it is done on Saturday will try and make it up from London for it.

Replies in this thread : 10

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > The Beck/Floodgate  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to