Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Vandals!

Replies in this thread : 6

Author

Topic : Vandals!

Dave
Website Member

Website Member

17/10/2015 : 18:37:59      reply with quote

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/13874777.Vandals_target_and_steal_marker_signs_installed_to_help_people_enjoy_walking_routes_around_Silsden/
click for more information

bandnwire
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2015 : 13:07:15      reply with quote

I see that he omitted to say that he got a grant of 500 from Silsden Town Council to start off this venture.

Dave
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2015 : 13:31:59      reply with quote

posted by bandnwire
I see that he omitted to say that he got a grant of 500 from Silsden Town Council to start off this venture.
What has that got to do with the removal of the way-markers?

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2015 : 13:57:04      reply with quote

Does anybody know how many of the markers have been removed. I walk the paths regular and haven't noticed any missing, I do have concerns about sheep being slaughterd on the moor tops and near the Cow and Calf rocks.

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2015 : 14:10:16      reply with quote

posted by midway
Does anybody know how many of the markers have been removed. I walk the paths regular and haven't noticed any missing, I do have concerns about sheep being slaughterd on the moor tops and near the Cow and Calf rocks.
I've not heard anything more on the sheep issue, but it sounds a bit fishy to me.

What is the financial value of the markers? I seem to remember that some were positioned by Bradford met.

I am all for having way markers in place, providing stiles, gateways etc are all in working order.

Dave
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2015 : 14:28:35      reply with quote

posted by midway
I'm concerned about the price of cheese however, like your concern about sheep, it would only deflect replies from the topic of the missing way-markers.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

18/10/2015 : 14:59:06      reply with quote

Please don't trivialize sheep slaughter, the cost to the farmer concerned surpasses a few stolen way markers, ( the term mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind ) with plenty of money in the pot i,m certain the markers can be replaced.

Replies in this thread : 6

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Vandals!  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to