Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Proposed closure of Hothfield st school

Replies in this thread : 5

Author

Topic : Proposed closure of Hothfield st school

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

20/10/2015 : 11:50:10      reply with quote

Take a look at this link!
https://www.bradford.gov.uk/bmdc/Consultations/hothfield_aireview_notice
I for one do not like what it contains.
I have sent this reply to these consultations.

These proposals do not appear to take into account that the Aireview school site is already over its capacity to accommodate the present number of pupils.

The whole plan is unworkable until a new school is built somewhere else in Silsden, to my knowledge there is not even a site that the council have allocated/ puchased for this new school, if indeed one is proposed?

Until the full details of any new school/site is fully explained to the people of Silsden this plan should be put on hold.

Without everybody knowing ALL of the facts involved in this proposal; to hold this consultation is either; at best a worthless exercise or at worse a cynical attempt to manipulate the process so Bradford Council can perpetrate some underhand scheme at the detrimental expense of the children of Silsden.

I would encourage everyone in Silsden to take a look at these proposals and then send in your views.
click for more information

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

20/10/2015 : 13:56:27      reply with quote

Is this not what we already knew was going to happen? it makes sense to me, hothfield will no longer be a school in name, but the site will still be used so probably not a lot will change other than all children living in silsden will be given a place and not have the same problems that occurred this year.Eventually if a site can be found, a new school will be built,I cannot see any problems, seems like the sensible solution to me

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

20/10/2015 : 19:48:47      reply with quote

The last thing we need is for these proposals to be put on hold... another excuse to do nothing, and cause more problems for Silsden parents in future. We all know a new school building is needed, but at least the first step is being taken along the way to have one school in the town, and solve some of the recent problems. Support the proposals..!!! And keep pressing for a new school building..
I still don't know why it can't be done till 2017, but that's another story.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2015 : 16:49:38      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

This article is in the Ilkley Gazette. The worrying last sentence seems to suggest Silsden Primary School has moved down the list, in favour of Addingham Primary, can anyone on STC or whoever explain this sentence? Does it just refer to developers money?

www.ilkleygazette.co.uk/news/13947748.Addingham_new_houses_plan_agreed/

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2015 : 17:31:18      reply with quote

can anyone on STC or whoever explain this sentence? Does it just refer to developers money?
I'm the "whoever" as I went to the STC meeting last night when this was raised....

In the past the 106 money (that's the money allocated for school places etc when new houses are built) went into the Ward Pot and it was then allocated to where it was needed in the Ward. This made sense because the individual Parish are only allowed to accumulate a maximum of 6 lots of 106 money (a Government law). As a pot (more than 6 lots of 106 money) it could be allocated to large projects such as a new school.

There are some new councillors on the Addingham Parish Council who took the popular view that 106 money should remain local and kept in Addingham.

If this becomes a precedent it will not help us in Silsden with funding a new primary school.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

06/11/2015 : 18:49:17      reply with quote

Thank you for explaining it Peter, glad STC are onto it, it just didn't sound good to me.!

Replies in this thread : 5

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Proposed closure of Hothfield st school  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to