Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > A thief has been caught red handed on CCTV after striking in Silsden.

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : A thief has been caught red handed on CCTV after striking in Silsden.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 08:11:21      reply with quote

The thief made off with more than 15 plants from an elderly lady’s property in Clog Bridge over the weekend.

Dressed in a hat and long coat, the woman first struck at about 4.20am on Saturday – plucking plants from shelving outside an OAP’s home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t4DqZaHheM#action=share
click for more information

Golden Oldie
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 09:39:05      reply with quote

Words cannot be said what I think of that person, how utterly despicable. Looks like she was in jamas and slippers, so someone very local, also looked older person. Hope she is known and gets a ticking off, also that she is made to replace the stolen items. Rat bag.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 09:51:11      reply with quote

how do you know its not someone with mental health problems or sleepwalking! it is a possibility, it seems odd for someone that age to be out at that time on their own in pyjamas.If it is just a case of theft then I hope she has the decency to take them back and apologise

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 10:14:18      reply with quote

Not satisfied with her first horticultural haul the blooming cheeky thief – who is smoking a cigarette – returned for more 10 minutes later
and even stuffs a potted plant in her coat pocket.

Furious grandson Liam 18, has made public the CCTV from outside his gran’s house in a bid to identify the culprit.

This woman who has stolen most of my Grandma's plants from her garden at 4:15 on Saturday morning Silsden Clog Bridge, it might only be a few plants but my gran puts her heart into making her house look nice only for some low life to ruin it! “I’m not sure what plants they were, just a selection of lilies etcetera.

“The thief came back approximately 10 minutes later to get some more as she couldn’t carry it all at once. And that’s when she stole the biggest pot.

“She made a right mess all over the front yard because she spilt soil everywhere.”

pgp001
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 13:02:21      reply with quote

Was this footage from a normal fixed CCTV camera or was someone actually filming it live ?
It looks to be taken from different angles and is panning around a lot.

If someone was filming live, why did they not call the police or intervene ?

I hope things get resolved, as this is despicable behaviour.
Knowing that a thief lives within five minutes walk is worrying.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 13:24:58      reply with quote

If this is on clog bridge? then maybe she was also caught on the council CCTV camera mounted on the post at the clog bridge/ Kirkgate junction.
I would suggest the Police are informed if they have not already been.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 15:22:33      reply with quote

Please look more closely Big hat,heavy coat,dark shoulder length hair,smoker....Who is She? this isn't a sleep walker or someone tempted by a nice display and takes an odd plant. it is deliberate, calculated and nasty. take no notice of her age, she has probable been a thief all her life.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 16:18:46      reply with quote

If you know (or suspect) who it is let the police know DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS FORUM.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

26/10/2015 : 16:59:28      reply with quote

posted by pgp001
Was this footage from a normal fixed CCTV camera or was someone actually filming it live ?
It looks to be taken from different angles and is panning around a lot.

If someone was filming live, why did they not call the police or intervene ?

I hope things get resolved, as this is despicable behaviour.
Knowing that a thief lives within five minutes walk is worrying.
Looks like fixed cctv with images recorded on a portable device aimed at a screen after the event.

ALL BUTTONED
Website Member

Website Member

28/10/2015 : 11:10:12      reply with quote

I live just round the corner from Clog Bridge and have had a hanging basket stolen, 2 sets of bedding plants taken, and an unusual twist one painted terracotta pot left for me - did someone want me to plant it up for them?!

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > A thief has been caught red handed on CCTV after striking in Silsden.  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to