Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > burglaries,help to avoid

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : burglaries,help to avoid

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2015 : 10:59:59      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

just recieved a message from owl/neighbourhood watch,1 in 4 burglaries are still through an open or insecure door or windowsad :(sad :(angry,and the old type euro locks are accounting for 20%+ shocked 8O,get better rated euro locks (eg as per owl),3 star ts007 or std ss312 locks and handles fitted.
click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2015 : 11:53:48      reply with quote

So 25% are through insecure door/window and 20% are through the old locks. That means 55% are through other forced entries. Almost might as well leave door wide open and save the damage of a forced entry!!

HB
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2015 : 11:58:40      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
So 25% are through insecure door/window and 20% are through the old locks. That means 55% are through other forced entries. Almost might as well leave door wide open and save the damage of a forced entry!!
there is logic there!
i'm not sure how much, but definitely logic!

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2015 : 15:55:36      reply with quote

not exactly being mathematically correct ,this was really a warning to be helpful only, im sure you must have something better to dorazz :prazz :prazz :prazz :p

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

27/10/2015 : 19:55:16      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I know its a warning, a timely one at that with dark evenings. Locking doors is a deterent but it would be good to read about the police catching burglars and their court cases, How often does the Keighley news have a story about break in court cases.

Is this really the extent of criminal activity

www.westyorkshire.police.uk/camera-alerts/in-the-dock?location=®ion=3

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

28/10/2015 : 18:55:05      reply with quote

Off course if someone switches a TV on without a licence its a big news story in the Keighley News and some found guilty in the courts get a mention in the "court file" but I want to know what happens to burglars who are occasionally caught in the act

midway
Website Member

Website Member

28/10/2015 : 19:44:49      reply with quote

This could help, click on the image to see conviction,
www.westyorkshire.police.uk/camera-alerts/in-the-dock

midway
Website Member

Website Member

04/11/2015 : 18:21:21      reply with quote

www.westyorkshire.police.uk/burglary

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

04/11/2015 : 18:45:03      reply with quote

yes and another euro lock break in at dingham and 3 thefts from cars on buckden court and airedale mews 2 ipads and 2 sat navs stolen,cant believe people leave these in cars on full view or notsad :(sad :(

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2015 : 18:36:26      reply with quote

and another!!!???in silsden this timeangryangry,,,on daisy hill euro lock snapped car keys and car taken,reminds me of the song when will they ever learnsad :(sad :(sad :(sad :(

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

08/03/2016 : 15:45:27      reply with quote

and yet 2 more in silsden one on fletcher ave and one on crag view where old type euro locks have been snapped the latter had handbag and car keys taken and they drove off in the owners audi q3,sad news but lets hope more people will get the old euro locks replaced with unsnappable ones,not a very expensive job'sad :(');'angry');

CORNY
Website Member

Website Member

08/03/2016 : 20:13:39      reply with quote

Just had a visit from our local bobby. He advised me about the two break ins (last night) that were mentioned by the last poster, we live on Cragg View. Asked a few questions and checked my door lock, we have snap proof locks front and back, and went off to let the others in our street know. Forewarned is forearmed, well it can be if people take notice. Nice to see a bit of old fashioned policing, though I don't suppose that our neighbours who were robbed of their car will be feeling any better.

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > burglaries,help to avoid  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to