Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Unmarked police cars

Replies in this thread : 23

Author

Topic : Unmarked police cars

Jaguarxjs22
Website Member

Website Member

08/11/2015 : 19:45:21      reply with quote

Was following a car along the duel carriageway yesterday and all of a sudden it lit up like a Christmas tree and pulled the driver in front...think t wide before puttin your foot down....
click for more information

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2015 : 10:59:45      reply with quote

Did you notice what the car in front of you was doing wrong ??

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2015 : 11:46:45      reply with quote

I saw someone pulled over by an unmarked police car the other day, think it was on the way to Skipton. I assumed speeding as it was a young guy in the back of the cop car and it was a nice motor pulled over in front of it.

I think it's a good thing that it's back in this neck of the woods, I haven't seen it in ages but used to see it a lot. It's quite obvious if you keep your eyes open for it, but clearly enough don't that it can catch them misbehaving in some way or other.

It's dark blue and looks like a Vectra, lots of aerials on top.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2015 : 12:06:32      reply with quote

If you are not doing anything wrong, it doesn't matter whether the police cars are marked or not.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2015 : 14:33:14      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by jonno
I saw someone pulled over by an unmarked police car the other day, think it was on the way to Skipton. I assumed speeding as it was a young guy in the back of the cop car and it was a nice motor pulled over in front of it.

I think it's a good thing that it's back in this neck of the woods, I haven't seen it in ages but used to see it a lot. It's quite obvious if you keep your eyes open for it, but clearly enough don't that it can catch them misbehaving in some way or other.

It's dark blue and looks like a Vectra, lots of aerials on top.
If you were going towards Skipton, North Yorkshire Police have always at an active road policing unit as they believe officers out on the road are better than fixed speed scameras.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2015 : 14:39:47      reply with quote

It isn't always speeding... they stop uninsured cars, no licence, banned drivers, no road tax or MOT. Good thing too... we have to tax and insure ours, why should people get away with it?
Should be more unmarked cars used by police...

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

09/11/2015 : 18:42:37      reply with quote

well said granddad,if you are not speeding and are insured mot`d and taxed and drive safely nothing to worry about,bring on the speed cameras in backs of horseboxes and in tractors they only get the offenders,the only ones who complain are the law breakers,drive legal safe and dont speed whats anyone got to worry about, let the cameras be cash cows they get the menace off the roads happy :)happy :)happy :)laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :D

nabend
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 07:37:37      reply with quote

North Yorkshire have just got a new one. A dark navy blue/black BMW 3 series. The folically challenged driver I have seen in it looks, as most traffic cops do, a right bundle of laughs.

steetonblue
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 09:41:01      reply with quote

Luckily most of us aren't dimwits and don't judge people by the amount of hair they have or how they look

jj126
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 11:38:01      reply with quote

I have no idea how anyone manages to work out these things,I'm so busy concentrating on the road,surrounding traffic and my driving I wouldn't know what an unmarked police car looks like. However I do try to be as considerate and keep within the speed limits as I can so I don't worry about being caught out.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 12:07:37      reply with quote

A mother has been caught driving with no hands whilst smoking and texting with her two kids in the car.
And when police checked her vehicle it had no MOT or tax.
The irresponsible mother was spotted on North Street on Saturday and she has been warned she will be summoned to court. the reporter didn't state the officers hair style, perhaps they thought it doesn't reflect the police officers ability to do their job.

muriel
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 13:06:18      reply with quote

I would have loved an unmarked police car or any police vehicle to have witnessed the chelsea tractor driver,who yesterday,tired of waiting in the queue on the bypass,Skipton bound,mounted the central reservation with two wheels and overtook all the vehicles. He then proceeded to drive over the roundabout at Crosshills and on towards Skipton at 8 am.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 15:03:12      reply with quote

We could have done with one on Saturday morning, a silver Merc stopped within the zig zag line outside cobbydog hazards on opened boot and waited for a female to nip in the shop and return no loading anything in the boot1 Then the dimwit reversed up New Road and pulled back out onto kirkgate out the wrong way of an one way street.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 16:13:47      reply with quote

hope you got his number granddad and a photo on your mobile!

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 16:15:53      reply with quote

did you get his number Muriel? I make a point now of taking details of idiots, don't suppose it will do any good though but you never know, north Yorkshire traffic police are a lot keener than west yorkshire

muriel
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 16:30:56      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

muriel
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 16:30:56      reply with quote

No,unfortunately I didn't.I was waiting to get on to the roundabout from the railway line exit and his number was blocked by the line of traffic already on the roundabout,and on the bypass.
The barriers on the central reservation end shortly before the exit......guess he just got fed up of waiting....or living!

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 18:00:25      reply with quote

Well this one won't get away with it, no hands on the wheel, using a mobile phone, smoking ( two children in the back ), no tax or test, could it be dangerous or without due care driving, no test usually indicates an un roadworthy vehicle, the list could be endless. should be a ban, let's wait and see. The power of the camera, it never lies.

nabend
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 21:20:25      reply with quote

posted by steetonblue
Luckily most of us aren't dimwits and don't judge people by the amount of hair they have or how they look
I think someone needs to learn the difference between a jocular observation and a judgement. Without resorting to tepid insults.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

18/11/2015 : 10:56:05      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
hope you got his number granddad and a photo on your mobile!
unfortunately not we were all too busy trying to get the lights up before the weather turned.

Jaguarxjs22
Website Member

Website Member

19/11/2015 : 10:56:39      reply with quote

Spotted a different car pulling someone this morning,I won't say what it was but beware,there's more than the BMW out there !
solid wood flooring

midway
Website Member

Website Member

20/11/2015 : 16:20:18      reply with quote

www.cravenherald.co.uk/

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2015 : 08:12:50      reply with quote

great news grannie get your gun,,unmarked grandmas,the new traffic taliban,,cam grans and all pensioners are getting guns to sort the speeding offenders (ps only worry if you are a law breaker)give me one would love to do it round here,SPEEDERS BEWARE the best thing since chocolate fireguardslaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Drazz :prazz :prazz :prazz :p

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2015 : 10:27:17      reply with quote

Community Speedwatch has been here for years, it help in many ways.

Replies in this thread : 23

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Unmarked police cars  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to