Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > This weekends weather

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : This weekends weather

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 13:49:37      reply with quote

I think there could be upto 3" of rain between now and Sunday evening. I think Bradford Council should be preparing sand bags for the beck and the bottom of St John Street which could have problems.

click for more information

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 13:53:07      reply with quote

" West Yorkshire is at risk of significant flooding this weekend warns the Environment Agency as heavy rain is expected to fall on already saturated ground.

The Environment Agency warned that Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, and North and West Yorkshire are the areas most at risk from significant river and localised surface water flooding on Saturday evening and into Sunday. "

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 13:57:53      reply with quote

A strong, moist west to southwesterly flow is expected to develop during Saturday and last through most of Sunday before clearing during the evening. This flow is expected to bring a period of heavy and persistent rain, with 50-100 mm of rain falling in many areas. However, as much as 150 to 200 mm may fall across some of the most exposed high ground, Cumbria appearing to be at particular risk of such totals. This additional rainfall, falling on to already saturated ground, is likely to lead to further flooding.

There is some uncertainty in the exact locations of heaviest rainfall, as well as peak amounts; this will depend on how far north the frontal system moves and how long it remains aligned across any one area. For this reason, the warning will be kept under review over the weekend.

dins
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 14:22:54      reply with quote

We could do with a flood barrier for the beck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 14:34:52      reply with quote

This does NOT look good 2.5" of rain in 24hrs.

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 14:46:15      reply with quote

Thank you for that Peter, It looks like we will be needing the sand bags this weekend that skippy kindley gave us Thank you skippy happy :)happy :)happy :)

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 14:46:58      reply with quote

All the more reason to come down and help the volunteers to get the lights up asap.

Mickyfinn
Website Member

Website Member

13/11/2015 : 20:17:40      reply with quote

The last time I saw the Council actually turn up with sandbags destined for the ford, I & other St.Johns Street residents managed to hi-jack the delivery & get some bags to protect our properties. I can't remember the year but what we are expected to get this weekend looks like a very similar scenario to the stalled frontal system that dumped huge quantities of rain on the area over a two day period in that year. It was the only time that my retaining wall was breached by floodwater from the beck. Floodwater came through the retaining walls at the Stakes & from the ford, & also overflowed onto the Kirkgate. There was also serious flooding further down Keighley Road, so Aldi be very aware. I have informed Bradmet that the storm drain at the bottom of Mitchell Lane is choked with tree-leaves, so I anticipate flooding at the bottom of St.John's Street yet again. I know this is all a bit of doom & gloom, & I sincerely hope that this weather passes us by without too much of a problem, BUT.........????

midway
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2015 : 16:39:15      reply with quote

Floods in Ilkley, This photo from Steven Mark Greaves shows why the A65 at Manor Park bends is closed.

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2015 : 18:30:20      reply with quote

Ilkley Chat on Facebook has lots of flood pictures from over the hill.

https://www.facebook.com/ilkleychat/?fref=nf

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

15/11/2015 : 23:46:48      reply with quote

Worst has passed now and it looks like typical November weather until next weekend when the temp will be only reaching +2c

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2015 : 10:09:21      reply with quote

lets hope planners and developers take note, continuous development of green fields causes more flooding!!!

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2015 : 18:01:05      reply with quote

We have our own inland sea now.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2015 : 19:45:43      reply with quote

Nice picture Peter, have you got any that shows the Belton road proposed development site ( please ). i have one but it was taken in the rain yesterday ( Sunday 15th )

blob
Website Member

Website Member

16/11/2015 : 21:39:07      reply with quote

posted by midway
Nice picture Peter, have you got any that shows the Belton road proposed development site ( please ). i have one but it was taken in the rain yesterday ( Sunday 15th )
This photo would be great with photoshopped houses on stilts

midway
Website Member

Website Member

17/11/2015 : 15:19:16      reply with quote

Found some ( i think )

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > This weekends weather  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to