Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden's Christmas Market & Lights - Sunday 29th from 10am

Replies in this thread : 7

Author

Topic : Silsden's Christmas Market & Lights - Sunday 29th from 10am

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2015 : 13:46:13      reply with quote

A LIVE donkey will take part in Silsden’s roving Nativity as part of the annual Christmas market day.

The market will be held Sunday, November 29 from 10am, with stalls, cafes and Santa’s grotto.

Churches Together in Silsden are organising the Nativity parade during the afternoon.

This will culminate at the bandstand at 4pm for carols with Silsden Town Band.

Silsden’s Christmas lights will be switched on at 4.30pm, along with a fireworks display and an appearance by Drystone Radio.
click for more information

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2015 : 14:01:16      reply with quote

I did not think fireworks were on this year, I am sure granddad mentioned it in a post.
A bit of constructive criticism, would it not be better if a) the market started in the afternoon, or b) the band started earlier.With the best will in the world there is not enough to keep you going for more than an hour or so (unless you go in the pub!)I always pop down in the afternoon about 2ish but after an hour I am ready to go home and therefore miss the band, 4pm is too late, 2pm might be better, then people who pop down on a morning might see them.I remember one year, the stall holders on briggate were packing up about 2-30 because they had been setting up since 6-30am, they were not impressed with the poor sales and I don't think they have been back since.I know a lot of hard work goes into this but just my personal opinion

midway
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2015 : 18:21:54      reply with quote

grandad
Website Member
12/11/2015 : 12:11:33 reply with quote
Should be a great event, lets home the weather helps.
I believe contrary to the post in the Keighley news; there will not be any fireworks this year, in the hope more people hang around with their dogs to watch the switch on of the tree/bandstand lights.

Ockin Peron
Website Member

Website Member

24/11/2015 : 21:53:17      reply with quote

posted by Peter
A LIVE donkey will take part in Silsden’s roving Nativity as part of the annual Christmas market day.

Glad to hear it will be a live one

Galaxy
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2015 : 10:42:04      reply with quote

Will there be donkey rides for the kids or is it just part of the nativity scene?

Listener
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2015 : 14:30:34      reply with quote

posted by Galaxy
Will there be donkey rides for the kids or is it just part of the nativity scene?
Only for those named Mary, who being heavily pregnant, cannot walk, one would assume.

dins
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2015 : 16:52:10      reply with quote

No No No No No .....Yes.

grandad
Website Member

Website Member

25/11/2015 : 17:49:54      reply with quote

For the sake of dog owners please can we have a definitive answer to this question, Will there be any fireworks set off at the lights switch on?
I for one hope there will not be.

Replies in this thread : 7

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Silsden's Christmas Market & Lights - Sunday 29th from 10am  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to