Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Accident Howden Road

Replies in this thread : 11

Author

Topic : Accident Howden Road

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2015 : 20:13:56      reply with quote

Looks like an accident where Ingsway meets Howden Road.2 ambulances and a police car.
I am always careful at this junction ever since they moved the junction road markings further into Howden Road. Combined with overhanging vegetation and installation of a bus stop. Howden Road is only 17ft wide at the junction and if you are travelling down Howden, meeting a car coming up then see one coming from Insway its intimidating, even though you know the Ingsway car will stop*

*Usually...one took my stepdaughter out
click for more information

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2015 : 21:45:13      reply with quote

what time was this ? did you notice what make of cars were involved? hope its not my partner

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

03/12/2015 : 22:17:16      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It was maybe half seven. There were cars parked up that did not look involved, maybe a red panda

midway
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2015 : 13:02:14      reply with quote

Yet one more pedestrian knocked down at this junction, The fault is always the driver ( with no exception ) rule 8 give way to pedestrian at road junctions.

ginjo
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2015 : 14:49:21      reply with quote

midway, do you know how many people have been knocked down here? How is the person who got knocked down on Thursday, I hope they are ok

midway
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2015 : 15:35:35      reply with quote

Yes earlier this year a pedestrian injured by a taxi, sorry can't find any details of the latest incident ( best ask tony at howden rd stores ), O!!!! the wife was nearly hit this morning by an idiot in a black pickup.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2015 : 20:56:28      reply with quote

posted by midway
The fault is always the driver ( with no exception ) rule 8 give way to pedestrian at road junctions.
You mean usually the drivers fault.Sometimes it can be road engineering. And believe it or not accidents can happen. Or as happened to myself lower down Howden Road when I was driving. Someone ran out in front of me and stopped facing me in the road.I did an emergency stop just in time.This persons hands were on my bonnet when they shouted "What did you stop for you b@s***d". Are you suggesting if I had hit that person it would have been my fault.

Obviously non of this means anything in this most recent case.

midway
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2015 : 22:53:45      reply with quote

Sorry gazzer it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, you have a collision with a pedestrian, it is always the drivers fault. possibly if you thought your life was in danger by a mob wielding weapons , i think you could perhaps use your own judgement and take appropriate action.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2015 : 07:11:36      reply with quote

posted by midway
Sorry gazzer it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, you have a collision with a pedestrian, it is always the drivers fault. possibly if you thought your life was in danger by a mob wielding weapons , i think you could perhaps use your own judgement and take appropriate action.
No I am right.Most cases its the drivers fault but there are many reasons where its not.

You may remember the footballer Clarke Carlisle was hit by a vehicle in a suicide attempt. The driver has since passed away because of that incident.
There was tragedy yesterday when somebody was caught by a gust of wind and blown under a bus and died.
According to your generalisation its the drivers fault.I dont think it is.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2015 : 08:00:16      reply with quote

posted by ginjo
midway, do you know how many people have been knocked down here? How is the person who got knocked down on Thursday, I hope they are ok
According to crashmap.co.uk just one previous slight injury in 10 years

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2015 : 08:02:28      reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-eH1I55O0M

old_miner
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2015 : 17:46:58      reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBk6oT8YrJQ

Replies in this thread : 11

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Accident Howden Road  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to