Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Anybody know this route. Silsden loop

Replies in this thread : 10

Author

Topic : Anybody know this route. Silsden loop

midway
Website Member

Website Member

05/12/2015 : 19:37:04      reply with quote

Try google if you want, it wont help you, this is one on its own. please remember that all tarmac sections are edited out.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5anFfaFMQ
I'll post the route in the morning.
click for more information

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2015 : 17:59:08      reply with quote

posted by midway
Try google if you want, it wont help you, this is one on its own. please remember that all tarmac sections are edited out.

i will be very interested to see the full route when you post it middyhappy :)happy :)happy :)

midway
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2015 : 19:18:03      reply with quote

Sorry i'm a bit late i've been out walking. the route Bolton road, Lippersley lane, cross Brown bank lane onto Light bank lane, continue on through to Black pots, up the gradient into Riveck edge plantation, down past tv mast to main road turn left then right onto Banks lane, turn right along Western ave' then past Riddlesden golf club then over bridge onto the canal tow path. back home via obvious route. it's about 9 mile and takes about 3 hours.( walking ).

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

06/12/2015 : 19:58:13      reply with quote

posted by midway
Sorry i'm a bit late i've been out walking. the route Bolton road, Lippersley lane, cross Brown bank lane onto Light bank lane, continue on through to Black pots, up the gradient into Riveck edge plantation, down past tv mast to main road turn left then right onto Banks lane, turn right along Western ave' then past Riddlesden golf club then over bridge onto the canal tow path. back home via obvious route. it's about 9 mile and takes about 3 hours.( walking ).
Now that is what i call a walk with a difference and one i will have to do in the near future looks like a really top walk, Not sure i would manage to get round it in 3 hours these days, the average walking speed been 5 kilometers per hour or 3.1 mph but much less depending on many factors such as hight weight age terrain surface load culture effort and fitness WELL DONE middy 3 hours on a walk like that is going some, Please dont tell me you stopped for a lunch on the way round as wellshocked 8Oshocked 8Oshocked 8O

jonno
Website Member

Website Member

07/12/2015 : 16:15:40      reply with quote

Is it a decent cycling route then? I need to get back out on my bike and am bored with Gisburn Forest but don't like road cycling.

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

07/12/2015 : 20:17:46      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by jonno
Is it a decent cycling route then? I need to get back out on my bike and am bored with Gisburn Forest but don't like road cycling.
A spot on route to cycle click on middy's youtube link below and watch the video of it been done by cycle Jonno ENJOYhappy :)

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

07/12/2015 : 20:19:43      reply with quote

posted by midway

This one Jonno

Steam-loco
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2015 : 10:26:20      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

It's nice to know my video has created so much interest!!!
The scenery on the route has changed dramatically in the last 6 months or so as a lot of the forest section has been felled. Still a good, although currently very wet,mountain bike ride.

Steam-loco
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2015 : 13:48:38      reply with quote

BTW, see if you can spot one of the Stanza Stones. It's on the trail.
www.stanzastones.co.uk/

midway
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2015 : 16:29:10      reply with quote

How's that?

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

08/12/2015 : 16:34:18      reply with quote

No catching you out middy laugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dlaugh :Dhappy :)happy :)happy :)

Replies in this thread : 10

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Anybody know this route. Silsden loop  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to