Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Councillor Jack Rickard MBE

Replies in this thread : 13

Author

Topic : Councillor Jack Rickard MBE

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2015 : 08:57:14      reply with quote

Well he is six months into his first year serving us as a councillor on Bradford Council. I thought it is a good time to see how well he is serving us.
I have done a google search going back to the May election and nothing apart from a couple of sugery's has come back.

Bradford Council say they may have to cut 640 jobs but none seem to be from the top.

As Mr Rickard does not seem to be doing anything for his money surely he could be made redundent(last in first out).In fact as with some other councils each ward could lose the least effective councillor and save loads of money.

click for more information

GAMEKEEPER
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2015 : 09:21:23      reply with quote

m.keighleynews.co.uk/news/14136411.Councillors_spearhead_new_economic_strategy_for_Silsden__Steeton_and_Addingham/

I was thinking much the same Gazzer.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2015 : 09:24:40      reply with quote

Re #wheresjack

Here he is with his (right), sorry left hand man.

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/14136411.Councillors_spearhead_new_economic_strategy_for_Silsden__Steeton_and_Addingham/

Neither have been seen at an STC meeting since their election, but they speak for Silsden - unbelievable!

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2015 : 10:02:43      reply with quote

Just fell off my chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The two men, who serve on Bradford Council, plan to “engage deeply” with businesses, residents and other stakeholders to develop a plan."

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2015 : 10:03:43      reply with quote

Secret meetings?????????????

"Cllrs Rickard and Mallinson recently met residents to discuss ideas for enhancing the Leeds-Liverpool Canal route. "

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2015 : 10:05:32      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Should they not be fighting making Craven a commuting centre not supporting it. They obviously support replacing employment sites with housing sites. Just which locals do they engage with?

He added: “If Craven is going to be a commuter centre, we have to ensure money is retained in the local area.

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

10/12/2015 : 10:12:32      reply with quote

I could laugh if it wasnt so serious.They completely do not have a clue about the area. Take this

"and railway links are huge, underdeveloped, underused assets that could be so much more."

The trains are full peak times and if they were not you cant park near the station.

Whilst we all agree the need for a plan it should be drawn up by residents of the Craven Ward for the residents of the Craven Ward. Not by Mr Mallinson who left Silsden for Bradford or Mr Rickard from Ilkley

HurricaneHector
Website Member

Website Member

11/12/2015 : 14:54:31      reply with quote

It's time that ALL councillors should have to live or work in the ward they represent.
Parish and Town councillors have to do so already, so why not ward councillors?

blob
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2016 : 19:13:16      reply with quote

Here he is! He's not a Councillor he's a Submariner!

Submariner blames council for putting Silsden underwater during Boxing Day floods

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/14238086.Submariner_blames_council_for_putting_Silsden_underwater_during_Boxing_Day_floods/

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

28/01/2016 : 21:43:29      reply with quote

posted by blob

Submariner blames council for putting Silsden underwater during Boxing Day floods

www.cravenherald.co.uk/news/14238086.Submariner_blames_council_for_putting_Silsden_underwater_during_Boxing_Day_floods/
Submariner makes him a flood expert...his MBE was for services in Afghanistan but I dont recall too many naval battles.I have not seen him in Silsden I suspect he sticks around his native Ilkley...but I did hear he ventured out in his works vehicleto see for himself

img[url=postimg.org/image/ce9jdu0bd/][/url]img

Bee2771
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 06:24:46      reply with quote

posted by gazzer
posted by blob

Submariner makes him a flood expert...his MBE was for services in Afghanistan but I dont recall too many naval battles.I have not seen him in Silsden I suspect he sticks around his native Ilkley...but I did hear he ventured out in his works vehicleto see for himself

img[url=postimg.org/image/ce9jdu0bd/]l]img
You are a monumental bell end Gazza, is there anyone, job, title or service you will not abuse with your narrow minded comments. This one take the cake though...now slating the Navy for what they did in Afghanistan! beautiful

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 07:22:59      reply with quote

Cheap joke gazza... Navy people in Afghanistan were in medical, bomb disposal, and other combat areas. This guy may have won his award there for other reasons, but he served his country in a war zone, and did his best. Leave him alone...

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 07:52:53      reply with quote

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Your missing the point which is the news story is about flooding so why is the headline about him being a submariner and his so called logistical expertise gained in the Afghan war.Not against the brave servicemen in the firing line and the many civilian contractors who I would give them all an MBE at the very least.His naval service does not make him a flood expert in an area he is not familiar with.If he had been based at HMS Culdrose and not HMS Raleigh(both in Cornwall) and took part in rescues in Boscastle it would be fair point mentioning his service record but otherwise there was no need the mention submarines!!.

His reason for mentioning his submarine career is to highlight the lack of command and control at Bradford Council.I agree Bradford lack a plan for just about anything.
I note Cllr Rickard does not mention The Airedale Drainage Commisioners.Anybody even heard of them?.

Airedale Drainage Commissioners - Information

The Board was originally constituted in 1861 under the Airedale Drainage Act and has been reconstituted
in 1953 following the general introduction of a Land Drainage Act. The Board's District sits within the
low-lying Ings land on both banks of the River Aire between Keighley and Gargrave.

The Airedale Drainage Commissioners are a member of the Association of Drainage Authorities.

PURPOSE

through the functions listed above, sustain land use, including inhabitation, agriculture,industry, recreation and natural habitats.
play their part in delivering UK food security:
by providing and regulating irrigation and drainage for hundreds of thousands of hectares of agricultural land (including land of the highest quality) in England & Wales.

www.yorkconsort.gov.uk/airedale.html
www.yorkconsort.gov.uk/about.html

I do not claim to know what the Airedale Drainage Commisioners do. This information is on their website

www.yorkconsort.gov.uk/airedalepolicystate.html

Perhaps Mr Rickard could tell us as he is part of the commissioners and perhaps why he didnt raise issues about Bradford Council before the floods and not in Hindsight.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

29/01/2016 : 08:14:25      reply with quote

So WhoIs Jack Rickard MBE MBA ?

Ilkley Navy officer presented with his MBE
www.ilkleygazette.co.uk/news/9062089.print/

Linkedin
www.linkedin.com/in/jarickard

Twitter
twitter.com/rickardjack1

Facebook
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009306068058&fref=ts

... and what does he do for you?
democracy.bradford.gov.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=204

... and when did you see #WheresJack in Silsden ?????

Replies in this thread : 13

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Councillor Jack Rickard MBE  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to