Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Smart Meters

Replies in this thread : 6

Author

Topic : Smart Meters

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

23/12/2015 : 19:25:02      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I was chatting to an energy supplier today and was told we will all have to have a smart meter sad :( by 2020 looks like we will be instlling a genny happy :) What are your views on this the goverment forcing you to do somthing against your choice ?
click for more information

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

23/12/2015 : 19:46:47      reply with quote

the meter ive already got is smart enoughlaugh :D it gives readings for large billssad :( dont want one any smarterlaugh :Dlaugh :Dwink ;)

midway
Website Member

Website Member

23/12/2015 : 19:48:57      reply with quote

This is a typical Government project Ė they set up a big scheme but donít think about the costs to the consumer because itís being driven by the energy companies.

Lewis
Website Member

Website Member

26/12/2015 : 18:39:18      reply with quote

Costs to the consumer? Do I understand correctly that we will end up paying out at home? Ours are the old fashioned type in the house IE not in a box on the wall so not looking forward to new smart meters if it means disruption.
I send readings as requested so a meter reader call only once in the year.

CORNY
Website Member

Website Member

26/12/2015 : 20:29:31      reply with quote

I have had the smart meters fitted, gas and electric. There was no charge, either at the fitting or later by British Gas. The work took about an hour, maybe a little bit longer, no mess made. From the fitting you will never receive another estimated bill, or get asked to send in meter readings, the amount of fuel used goes directly to the power supplier. You still get a bill of course, so you can check that you are not getting ripped off. I live in Silsden and have no connection to British Gas or any other supplier, I hope this will help to clarify the smart meter questions

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

27/12/2015 : 19:01:45      reply with quote

British Gas a year ago told me I would be having a smart meter fitted. When the man came he said he could not fit the smart meter as my electric meter was in the house, said I had a meter box on the outside of the house and that my meter should be in that box and I would have to engage an electrician to move the meter. He then said that 2 0f the wires to the meter needed to be changed and again that would need an electrician. Watch out for hidden costs..

pumbajunior
Website Member

Website Member

28/12/2015 : 07:21:07      reply with quote

We had the same issue with our Gas meter the pipe wasnt big enough
we had just decorated to sell so didnt want them ripping things out so left it

The electric meter was changed and was inside

Replies in this thread : 6

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Smart Meters  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to