Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to General Forum | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > General Forum > Windows 10

Replies in this thread : 9

Author

Topic : Windows 10

hillbilly
Website Member

Website Member

06/01/2016 : 22:37:44      reply with quote

Anyone been using windows 10 long enough to give a truthfull review on it please
click for more information

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 06:56:54      reply with quote

Had it right from the start, upgraded from 8.1 for free, no problems at all. Did not like Edge, reverted to Explorer, otherwise fine. There will be no more Windows versions in future, so they say, so should turn out to be long term solution.

CORNY
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 08:55:28      reply with quote

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it first appeared but I was disappointed because there were quite a few glitches with it, transferring files from a pc to a smart phone became tricky for example. So I uninstalled it, which you are able to do for several weeks with out any problems, reverting back to Windows 8.1. However after a couple of months and after reading reports that Windows had ironed out a few problems, I installed it again, it is free to do this by the way. Since this installation, like the previous poster, I have had no problems at all, and yes hand on heart I would say it is better than Windows 8.1 which had been my favourite system yet. You are still able to install it, try it out, and if you do not like it uninstall it and go back to what ever you were using previously. good luck

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 09:19:03      reply with quote

If you are currently using Win8 or Win8.1 upgrade, it really is a no brainer. Win10 is the operating system / interface that Win8 should have been.

If you are running Win7, then upgrading to Win10 will be a bit of a culture shock. Things will look familiar but will not work quite as you expect. Thankfully Google will find the answer for you so it's not too much of a problem.

Allow plenty of time to do the upgrade, there are a lot of files to download and the upgrade takes quite a time to complete.

If you don't like what you get it's easy to roll your PC back to your previous operating system..... and the roll back works!

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 09:30:18      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You will have to move to edge though as they will end of life it soon. All IE's before 11 have now been dropped from support.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 09:48:24      reply with quote

You don't have to use Edge - user Chrome, Firefox or whatever takes your fancy. There is no reason not to upgrade just because the browser is different - move on.

Spanish Omelette
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 11:01:15      reply with quote

I presume you still have the facility to back save Word Documents to an older version (i.e. 97,98) and also to be able to convert to rich text format?

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 11:21:55      reply with quote

The Win10 upgrade is an upgrade for the operating system not the paid for applications eg if you have Office 2007 installed then you will still have Office 2007 installed after the upgrade.

Dodzi
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 15:12:01      reply with quote

Peter - I never said there wasn't a reason to upgrade - just that IE is on its way out anyway.

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

07/01/2016 : 16:06:16      reply with quote

Microsoft have said they will support IE11 as long as they support the OS it runs on, and as W10 will be with us a long time, I don't see any problems with using it...

Replies in this thread : 9

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > General Forum > Windows 10  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to