Silsden Cam Bookmark and Share

<< HOME PAGE  < RETURN

Donate to Yorkshire Air Ambulanceback to EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS | back to forum index | login | sign up | help | latest topics | search

Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Road closed

Replies in this thread : 15

Author

Topic : Road closed

wheelaman123
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 13:30:52      reply with quote

Trunk road to Keighley closed for repair, diversion via Steeton. Long tail back thru Silsden..
click for more information

wolfen
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 13:45:21      reply with quote

Just seen this post after spending 20 minutes travelling from the Kings Arms until I turned around at Aldi`s as I would now be unable to make the appointment I was trying to get to!
Do the Highways planners have any concept of the traffic problems they cause when they do something like this without warning? or do they even give a damn?

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 13:45:42      reply with quote

They are looking at a bridge over the road, goes from Utley down to golf club. Total chaos when we passed, unless they have sorted it. If not, traffic will be chaotic for a while. Maybe they will then move it across to the other carriageway, and chaos will continue. Avoid...

dexter
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 13:52:56      reply with quote

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Here it is

www.keighleynews.co.uk/news/14214309.A629_Aire_Valley_trunk_road_between_Keighley_and_Steeton_is_closed/

They were standing looking when we saw them at 1245, did not seem in any urgency at all

midway
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 16:11:08      reply with quote

Looks to be ok now,taken from Swatha lane at 3pm.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEUdVIIGr6Y&feature=youtu.be

wolfen
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 16:19:03      reply with quote

Telephone number to complain, against a road closure and delay without warning, is
01274 431000. No complaint, you can look forward to Bradford Council closing roads without warning whenever they feel like it.
Total chaos, no warning, no Police directing traffic, roundabout jammed up, station road solid, and the people resposible receive a large salary, paid by us, in return for their incompetance.

victor
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 16:58:14      reply with quote

Forgive me if I am wrong but are not major trunk roads the responsibility of the Highways agency not the local council. But let's blame Bradford council anyway.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 18:44:16      reply with quote

The A629 was de-trunked and Bradford and North Yorkshire now have the responsibility of maintenance. I don't think they really wanted the job but it was a case of .. here's some money it's now yours. When? after 2007 but I couldn't find the actual date it happened but I can remember thinking "this doesn't seem like a good idea".

blob
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 19:03:31      reply with quote

posted by Peter
The A629 was de-trunked and Bradford and North Yorkshire now have the responsibility of maintenance. I don't think they really wanted the job but it was a case of .. here's some money it's now yours. When? after 2007 but I couldn't find the actual date it happened but I can remember thinking "this doesn't seem like a good idea".
Correct answer!

legislation.data.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2251/made/data.htm?wrap=true

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

19/01/2016 : 21:48:54      reply with quote

posted by victor
Forgive me if I am wrong but are not major trunk roads the responsibility of the Highways agency not the local council. But let's blame Bradford council anyway.
I forgive you!!

victor
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2016 : 08:33:36      reply with quote

Thank you gazer, I was not sure who was responsible for the road. I was wrong again silly me.

Peter
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2016 : 10:30:26      reply with quote

I think the de-trunking order reference (above)was for the North Yorkshire part of the A629

This is the reference for our part:
www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2273/pdfs/uksi_20072273_en.pdf

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

20/01/2016 : 11:19:32      reply with quote

posted by victor
Thank you gazer, I was not sure who was responsible for the road. I was wrong again silly me.
No probs Victr we are all paid up members of the "cant be right everytime club".Even me!!

blob
Website Member

Website Member

24/01/2016 : 14:07:14      reply with quote

Originally the A650 was supposed to be a motorway.

www.pathetic.org.uk/unbuilt/m650/

dogcatcher
Website Member

Website Member

24/01/2016 : 15:01:36      reply with quote

yes the story i heard was m606 to join a650 at cottingley then motorway to skipton and then a leg of motorway to join m65 at colne it will happen one day

gazzer
Website Member

Website Member

24/01/2016 : 17:10:25      reply with quote

From 2013

WIDENING the M65 to three lanes throughout, from the M61 at Clayton Brook to Blackburn, was promised yesterday as part of an ambitious strategy to improve transport links into East Lancashire.

The proposals, involving spending an initial £150million over ten years, could also see the construction of a new Whinney Hill Link Road, in Hyndburn, by 2021, and upgrading of the M65/A59 gateway between the Ribble Valley and the rest of the county.

A key project, which Lancashire County Council hopes to see completed by 2021, is the long-awaited £40million A56 Colne to Foulridge by-pass, with a new junction off the M65 between Barrowford’s Junction 13 and Junction 14 for Colne.

It would link the motorway from Preston, Blackburn and Darwen to the transpennine A59 to Yorkshire, over Blubberhouses, via the A56 to Skipton.

This would be supported by a motor-way junction, and other highway improvements, in Burnley and Pendle boroughs to improve access to new development sites.

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10738751.__150m_proposal_to_improve_East_Lancashire_s_transport_links_and_widen_M65/?ref=rc

Replies in this thread : 15

login

refresh page   

latest topics

events
sale / wanted
general
have your say
looking for..
skippy greengrass

DON'T FORGET THE SUBJECT IS >>>>>>>>   Forums Home > EVENTS - ANNOUNCEMENTS - MEETINGS > Road closed  

<< HOME PAGE  RETURN  PAGE TOP ^  

, © silsden.net 2016

webenquiries to